V6 Exhaust opinions? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-06-2012, 11:08 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
V6 Exhaust opinions?

Just got my 2012 v6 premium about two months ago and I'm trying to decide what exhaust to get. The Borla ATAK has caught my attention the most and is the front runner as of right now. Any objections? Thank you

2012 V6
m_tyler_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2012, 11:36 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Re: V6 Exhaust opinions?

Go to the top of the forum, scroll over "Mustang Forums", "V6 Mustangs" then click on "2011+ V6 Mustangs" and browse through the threads. There's tons of posts about exhausts in there and plenty of opinions to browse. Most will tell you it's your personal preference and what you're looking for though. If you want something quiet, or if you want something loud that attracts attention...as well as how much $ you're wanting to spend.
Mods- BBK chrome CAI, 3.7 gears, SCT #3000 tuner, SLP Loudmouth tips (dual) with x-pipe from the cats= straight-piped exhaust= one noisy pony!!

I don't just love the new Mustangs, I love old school too!
NoisyPony2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:40 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoisyPony2010
Go to the top of the forum, scroll over "Mustang Forums", "V6 Mustangs" then click on "2011+ V6 Mustangs" and browse through the threads. There's tons of posts about exhausts in there and plenty of opinions to browse. Most will tell you it's your personal preference and what you're looking for though. If you want something quiet, or if you want something loud that attracts attention...as well as how much $ you're wanting to spend.
yes I'm wanting it to attract attention as well as sound good when I'm just cruising around the usual 1200-1500 rpms. I've already dumped about $2,500 in it since I got it June 1st, so money isn't a concern with the exhaust. I don't want to cut corners and be mistaken for a rice burner from around the corner.

2012 V6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2012, 11:43 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_tyler_r View Post
Just got my 2012 v6 premium about two months ago and I'm trying to decide what exhaust to get. The Borla ATAK has caught my attention the most and is the front runner as of right now. Any objections? Thank you
borla is an excellent brand! however it is super expensive!
i'm going with flowmaster super 10 series! it's pretty good (not as good as borla) but it's only 120 for both mufflers
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:48 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire

borla is an excellent brand! however it is super expensive!
i'm going with flowmaster super 10 series! it's pretty good (not as good as borla) but it's only 120 for both mufflers
yeah I like those too, I've looked at pretty much every brand out there. Even though they are expensive, I'm taking my time with saving money so that I can get the right parts I want. I'm not wanting to have a "nice" looking stang in about 1-2 years. my goal is to ignore everything stock, right down to the 3rd brake light decal I haw already installed. completely custom is what I'm aiming for.

2012 V6
Old 08-06-2012, 11:56 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

Lol I'll stick to my guns on the SLP Loudmouth straight pipes, but that's just me But for real though, check the V6 threads and see what all is in there. People have been making new threads for different types of exhausts, some talk about doing just axle-back, others talk about cats-back. I went all out and did cats-back with my exhaust system. I want to say the whole thing said and done was in the $700 range if memory serves me correctly. SLP's were around $400, parts and pipes were $212, and install was $100 through the help of a friend (needed a lift to install full system).
Mods- BBK chrome CAI, 3.7 gears, SCT #3000 tuner, SLP Loudmouth tips (dual) with x-pipe from the cats= straight-piped exhaust= one noisy pony!!

I don't just love the new Mustangs, I love old school too!
NoisyPony2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:00 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoisyPony2010
Lol I'll stick to my guns on the SLP Loudmouth straight pipes, but that's just me But for real though, check the V6 threads and see what all is in there. People have been making new threads for different types of exhausts, some talk about doing just axle-back, others talk about cats-back. I went all out and did cats-back with my exhaust system. I want to say the whole thing said and done was in the $700 range if memory serves me correctly. SLP's were around $400, parts and pipes were $212, and install was $100 through the help of a friend (needed a lift to install full system).
thanks a lot. I'm looking at different threads now about them. the only problem is waiting to be able to order and install them. my step-dad, who bought the car, isn't a fan of loud trucks/cars so I've gotta wait until I go off for college to get them bolted on. I will be on pins and needles until the day I can finally get them haha. Ive looked into the cat-backs for the ATAKS and I'm sure it will take upwards of $1500 for that... no thanks

2012 V6
Old 08-07-2012, 01:26 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_tyler_r View Post
yeah I like those too, I've looked at pretty much every brand out there. Even though they are expensive, I'm taking my time with saving money so that I can get the right parts I want. I'm not wanting to have a "nice" looking stang in about 1-2 years. my goal is to ignore everything stock, right down to the 3rd brake light decal I haw already installed. completely custom is what I'm aiming for.
you should be like me and save up for a custom twin turbo kit!
after forged internals ofcourse!
Old 08-07-2012, 01:28 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire

you should be like me and save up for a custom twin turbo kit!
after forged internals ofcourse!
I've never really looked into all that before. what's all that include?

2012 V6
Old 08-07-2012, 01:35 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

pm me with questions
Old 08-07-2012, 03:25 PM   #11
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Borla is the most expensive for a reason because they are the best! You wont have to worry about rust and holes and the sound amazing I believe I seen somewhere they have a life time warranty on them not a 100% sure. I have Borla on my 01 Gt and love them I have heard people putting them on a Tacoma which is a v6 and it sounds pretty good. I don't think you will ever get it to sound like a v8 but from what I heard with other V6 tacoma's it's pretty close.
Ryan7racin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:27 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan7racin
Borla is the most expensive for a reason because they are the best! You wont have to worry about rust and holes and the sound amazing I believe I seen somewhere they have a life time warranty on them not a 100% sure. I have Borla on my 01 Gt and love them I have heard people putting them on a Tacoma which is a v6 and it sounds pretty good. I don't think you will ever get it to sound like a v8 but from what I heard with other V6 tacoma's it's pretty close.
thank you! I think I'm going to go with borla, just gotta save up the cash first. so impatient to get them on.

2012 V6
Old 08-07-2012, 03:32 PM   #13
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
I understand man! I don't know a lot about the V6 stangs but Borla makes everything sound good.Like I said a lot of people around here put them on there V6 Tacoma's and it sounds almost like a V8, understand the price is high but where I live it rains a lot and humidity is hight and flow masters rust very fast. I rather pay for the best and I know it won't rust rather than paying for something that will need replacing in a couple year.( not dissing any other brand just stating my opinion )
Ryan7racin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:52 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan7racin
I understand man! I don't know a lot about the V6 stangs but Borla makes everything sound good.Like I said a lot of people around here put them on there V6 Tacoma's and it sounds almost like a V8, understand the price is high but where I live it rains a lot and humidity is hight and flow masters rust very fast. I rather pay for the best and I know it won't rust rather than paying for something that will need replacing in a couple year.( not dissing any other brand just stating my opinion )
yeah with everything I'm doing as far as mods go I don't want to get something that will need to be replaced in just a few years

2012 V6
Old 08-07-2012, 03:57 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
What about bassani?
Seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:00 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabiscuit
What about bassani?
I've looked into those too. I still like the ATAK better. just fits my style better

2012 V6
Old 08-07-2012, 04:10 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I like those too, just heard that bassani sounds good on the newer
Old 08-07-2012, 04:14 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I like those too, just heard that bassani sounds good on the newer
thanks for the info! I was considering the bassani, roush, or borla but borla has made a decent case and now that AM has the borla headers and x-pipe, I'll definitely be going with borla

2012 V6
Old 08-07-2012, 04:19 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_tyler_r

thanks for the info! I was considering the bassani, roush, or borla but borla has made a decent case and now that AM has the borla headers and x-pipe, I'll definitely be going with borla
I'm sure it'll sound great!
Old 08-07-2012, 04:31 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'm sure it'll sound great!
I'm hoping so!

2012 V6

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Tags
exhaust