I guess it is official - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-15-2012, 10:23 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
The maturity thing goes without saying... I did not think to touch on that because that's a given...
Silversky545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2012, 11:46 PM   #72
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

Region: California
Re: I guess it is official

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversky545 View Post
The maturity thing goes without saying... I did not think to touch on that because that's a given...
I've gotten nothing but compliments from neighbors and friends on my driving.

So i've decided to not worry about this anymore. I'm just going to see how it goes in 6 months when i turn 18. If it doesn't happen at that point then i will just wait until i leave for college. Either way it is going to happen at one point.

I have always wanted to build a car up. My dad says he is kind of a car guy, but he has never really gone that deep into any of his cars. He has had 2 Mustangs and kept both completely stock (sold the first one to buy the second one, rolled the second on the freeway in the rain [88GT] right before i was born) so he doesn't really get that i would never do anything risky with it if i get it because i will put so much love and care into that car. And we don't have any space at all to keep a car to build up, we have a hard enough time parking my truck on the street because all our neighbors hog the streets with the cars they never drive.
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2012, 12:04 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

How does one flip a car just driving on the hwy even if it's raining??? Just get a job buy a fox body... cheap fun, super sexy when cleaned up...
Old 08-16-2012, 12:08 AM   #74
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversky545 View Post
How does one flip a car just driving on the hwy even if it's raining??? Just get a job buy a fox body... cheap fun, super sexy when cleaned up...
I don't know the whole story, but he was taking the off ramp and some how lost all traction. And i think i have a better chance of getting a newer GT than a foxbody, just cause even he knows they are death traps because they are so light with big heavy engines.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:20 AM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Nothing like a fox w shotty hand me down tires in Texas winter on icy roads... time of my favorite times in high-school.... proly not the best story considering topic of this thread lol

I miss my 93 x dps white coupe... aluminum drive shaft 4:10s tremic tko king cobra clutch e cam mac off road h Mac 2 chamber mufflers dumped... sigh... dam... I need a fox... I'm going to tell the wife it is my daily: -D
Old 08-16-2012, 12:22 AM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversky545
Nothing like a fox w shotty hand me down tires in Texas winter on icy roads... time of my favorite times in high-school.... proly not the best story considering topic of this thread lol

I miss my 93 x dps white coupe... aluminum drive shaft 4:10s tremic tko king cobra clutch e cam mac off road h Mac 2 chamber mufflers dumped... sigh... dam... I need a fox... I'm going to tell the wife it is my daily: -D
I'll sell ya one.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:23 AM   #77
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

I kind of wish i lived about 20-30 years ago some times, back when High School was High School. Not extreme college prep like it is today.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:31 AM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4
I kind of wish i lived about 20-30 years ago some times, back when High School was High School. Not extreme college prep like it is today.
It was then too.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:54 AM   #79
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4

It was then too.
Probably not as hardcore though... There is not a single shop class in my school, no wood shop, auto shop, metal shop... No ROTC courses either. Everything in my school and every school around us is built only for putting kids into college... And it's not even a private school.

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

Quote:
I don't know the whole story, but he was taking the off ramp and some how lost all traction. And i think i have a better chance of getting a newer GT than a foxbody, just cause even he knows they are death traps because they are so light with big heavy engines.
Oh, and after he lost traction and was sliding him and a light pole had a disagreement with each other, that's how it flipped over... Only did 1 rotation and landed back on its wheels though.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Old 08-16-2012, 08:36 AM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
[QUOTE="V6 stang"]

Lmao I did that in my f150. I didn't panic tho I just sat there in tense in the seat like son of a bch I lost control lol.. No point in freaking out, it's not in your control at that point. Nothing you can do. Ran into a old fence just a few scratches from thorns and stuff

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

Hahaha I did it when I was 17 in my 6er, missed a telephone pole by about a foot, wound up smashing the side of a curb, ruining 2 rims and 2 tires, learned my lesson to relax and take it easy on wet roads, could have been a lot worse tho I got lucky
Old 08-16-2012, 09:02 AM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
+1 an if cops caught you partyin they would pour your beer out and tell you to go home or take u home. Now a days they charge everyone with as much as they can. Sigh

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:17 AM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang

+1 an if cops caught you partyin they would pour your beer out and tell you to go home or take u home. Now a days they charge everyone with as much as they can. Sigh
When my father was 17 he got pulled over leaving a party, he had a few drinks in him so the cop clearly knew, the officer asked my dad for his keys, this was about 1 am, my father gave up the keys and the officer told him to take a nap in the car, about 6 am he was woken up by the same officer knocking on his window, returned my father's keys and told him to have a nice morning, this was in '79..cops back than were there to help you out and make sure you were safe, nowadays cops are around to SCREW YOU!
Old 08-16-2012, 10:09 AM   #83
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:

Probably not as hardcore though... There is not a single shop class in my school, no wood shop, auto shop, metal shop... No ROTC courses either. Everything in my school and every school around us is built only for putting kids into college... And it's not even a private school.

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

Oh, and after he lost traction and was sliding him and a light pole had a disagreement with each other, that's how it flipped over... Only did 1 rotation and landed back on its wheels though.
ROTC may be a funding thing ( correct me if I'm wrong) because I notice here that only a few schools in our district have it. But they will allow you transfer schools.

That does surprise me because ROTC is very college prep.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:36 AM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:

I believe that if the kids are drinking responsibly and not driving or causing a public problem then just leave them. Reward them for not doing something stupid, instead you get the same charges either way so why not do stupid stuff.
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:58 AM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tee7pony

I believe that if the kids are drinking responsibly and not driving or causing a public problem then just leave them. Reward them for not doing something stupid, instead you get the same charges either way so why not do stupid stuff.
+99
Old 08-16-2012, 01:07 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJstanger

When my father was 17 he got pulled over leaving a party, he had a few drinks in him so the cop clearly knew, the officer asked my dad for his keys, this was about 1 am, my father gave up the keys and the officer told him to take a nap in the car, about 6 am he was woken up by the same officer knocking on his window, returned my father's keys and told him to have a nice morning, this was in '79..cops back than were there to help you out and make sure you were safe, nowadays cops are around to SCREW YOU!
I too was 17 in 1979, that was very rare back then, they did give you a ride tho, uptown.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:06 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

+1

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
Old 08-16-2012, 06:04 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tee7pony

Reward you for doing something stupid?!?... I don't think so!!... If your not old enough to drink then your not old enough!.. Period!!...
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:44 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

Reward you for doing something stupid?!?... I don't think so!!... If your not old enough to drink then your not old enough!.. Period!!...
It's stupid we can go die for our country at age 18 but can buy a beer.

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
Old 08-16-2012, 07:23 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yes it is, the law needs an amendment for those that have served. What's worse is being busted twice with a joint and being labeled a felon, loosening all gun rights, after serving 10yrs.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:23 PM   #91
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang View Post
You can vote for your president, you can die for your country, you can serve on a jury to convict someone of a crime, you can smoke... But you can't drink or gamble.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:50 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

It used to be that if you were in the military then you can buy a beer!.. But to many 18 year olds being stupid (maturity thing) is what changed that!..
Old 08-16-2012, 08:50 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
You can vote for your president, you can die for your country, you can serve on a jury to convict someone of a crime, you can smoke... But you can't drink or gamble.
if you live in NJ, you can vote, you can die for your country, you can serve on a jury and convict someone of a crime...BUTTTT you cant drink gamble or SMOKE A CIGARETTE, thats right in the state of NJ you must be 19 to buy a f'ing pack of smokes, excuse my language but when i was 18 that realllly got under my skin...
v8pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:51 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yes it is, the law needs an amendment for those that have served. What's worse is being busted twice with a joint and being labeled a felon, loosening all gun rights, after serving 10yrs.
I've got an easy way to solve your problem!.. Don't break the law and you won't have to pay the penalty for it!..
Old 08-16-2012, 08:59 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
It used to be that if you were in the military then you can buy a beer!.. But to many 18 year olds being stupid (maturity thing) is what changed that!..
Well than it should be there problem or even the parents problem for not raising there kid to make mature good/smart decisions, not punish the rest of the people cuz a bunch of stupid ******** **** up...for example i have a hugeee stadium about 20 minutes from my house, concerts go on constantly, people use to tailgate and drink and have a great time with little problems. Yet one day a 14 year old girl decides to take some Drugs with a few of her friends which were a few years older, long story short she died of an Overdose inside the stadium, since then, NO TAILGATING, and 3 BEER MAXIMUM, now how in the hell does that make any sense? punish all the people who have been going there partying and having a great time for years, because of one girl who made a BAD decision, seriously?

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
+100000000000
v8pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:08 PM   #96
Moderator Emeritus

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98StangKid
For the insurance crap, there's no since in it being $200 a month unless it's full coverage. (which some people just WANT full coverage). I'm 18 years old and I pay $50 a month on insurance for liability on a 2001 Cobra. You just have to be CAREFUL. Lol. But honestly best of luck to you. I had HELL trying to convince my parents to let me buy my Cobra. AND I PAID FOR IT! But hopefully something will go your way!
It really depends on the state up here in mass iam 19 and i pay 200 sometimes more a month for insurance and thats under my own name it might be that cheap under ur parents and i also have a perfect driving record and that like lowest coverage allowed
Old 08-16-2012, 09:17 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well than it should be there problem or even the parents problem for not raising there kid to make mature good/smart decisions, not punish the rest of the people cuz a bunch of stupid ******** **** up...for example i have a hugeee stadium about 20 minutes from my house, concerts go on constantly, people use to tailgate and drink and have a great time with little problems. Yet one day a 14 year old girl decides to take some Drugs with a few of her friends which were a few years older, long story short she died of an Overdose inside the stadium, since then, NO TAILGATING, and 3 BEER MAXIMUM, now how in the hell does that make any sense? punish all the people who have been going there partying and having a great time for years, because of one girl who made a BAD decision, seriously?

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

+100000000000
Clearly that has been an ongoing problem!.. There has to be a track record of problems before a city or so on can force something such as a three drink minimum!.. Just because you only heard of just one incident doesn't mean that there have not been many others!..

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Quote:

+100000000000
And to answer your question about how it makes sense!.. Simply put, an individual by them selves can be very smart!.. Put that same individual in a larg group of people and with drugs and alcohol involved!.. That same "smart person" more than likely will now will/can do some very stupid!..
Old 08-16-2012, 09:23 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah. And 21 year olds can be stupid with alcohol/ drugs in ther system also. Let's go ahead and make the drinking age 65.

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
Old 08-16-2012, 09:26 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I've got an easy way to solve your problem!.. Don't break the law and you won't have to pay the penalty for it!..
Anything legal in Washington DC, and 13 other states should be legal in all states.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:40 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Anything legal in Washington DC, and 13 other states should be legal in all states.
Ya...... Last I checked smoking pot is illegal in every state!.. Unless its for medicinal use and you are regestured for it!..
Old 08-16-2012, 09:54 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ya...... Last I checked smoking pot is illegal in every state!.. Unless its for medicinal use and you are regestured for it!..
I'm talking medical use, sure would save a lot of tax dollars. My prescription bill is $1,300 a month paid for by tax dollars.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:25 AM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Wow has the thread topic drifted hahha
Old 08-17-2012, 07:33 AM   #103
Forum Car Trader
Regular

Lmao!! But it's just getting good
Old 08-17-2012, 08:53 AM   #104
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

Quote:
Wow has the thread topic drifted hahha
It really has lol... Doesn't matter though because the previous issue has been resolved.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Old 08-17-2012, 01:55 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

It really has lol... Doesn't matter though because the previous issue has been resolved.
You gettn a mustang ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion