I guess it is official - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-17-2012, 02:06 PM   #106
Forum Car Trader
Regular

Region: Texas
Soccer you should see if they will let you get a project car to work on in the mean time..

Old 08-17-2012, 09:44 PM   #107
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90GTNovi2000
Soccer you should see if they will let you get a project car to work on in the mean time..
We don't have the room or pretty much any of the right stuff to do one... Our garage is pretty small and my dad won't park his corvette or sonata outside. My truck stays parked in the street.

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4

You gettn a mustang ?
Probably not until I either turn 18 and try again or until I go to college.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:36 PM   #108
Registered Member
Regular

Re: I guess it is official

Just keep saving up and working hard. I had to drive a 2006 Nissan Sentra for 2 years until I got my GT. My first car was a 2001 V6 mustang at 18 that lasted me about a year.

The transition from that ****ty Sentra to the GT was amazing though, and made all of my hard work worth it. Now I'm 22, and I enjoy the hell out of my car.

Don't sweat it man, just keep on saving and stay optimistic. I know what it's like to want something that bad and not get it.
ghst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2012, 03:19 AM   #109
Registered Member
Regular

Get a mid 80s ford ltd. Its a 4 door foxbody and some have a 302. I wanted one but I got a grandM instead

If any one is willing to donate parts to the Make Joe's Mustang Faster that Corvettes Foundation, donations will be gladly appreciated
Stockish302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:40 PM   #110
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4

We don't have the room or pretty much any of the right stuff to do one... Our garage is pretty small and my dad won't park his corvette or sonata outside. My truck stays parked in the street.

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

Probably not until I either turn 18 and try again or until I go to college.
What kind of truck do you have?
1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:02 PM   #111
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998 View Post
What kind of truck do you have?
1999 Dodge Ram 1500 (5.2L)

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghst View Post
Just keep saving up and working hard. I had to drive a 2006 Nissan Sentra for 2 years until I got my GT. My first car was a 2001 V6 mustang at 18 that lasted me about a year.

The transition from that ****ty Sentra to the GT was amazing though, and made all of my hard work worth it. Now I'm 22, and I enjoy the hell out of my car.

Don't sweat it man, just keep on saving and stay optimistic. I know what it's like to want something that bad and not get it.
I think that is what i have been wanting to hear.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:08 PM   #112
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
1999 Dodge Ram 1500 (5.2L)

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

I think that is what i have been wanting to hear.
Nice! I love trucks!
Old 08-20-2012, 10:22 PM   #113
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Nice! I love trucks!
Its not even really mine, my parents own it. They just bought it for me to drive around.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:55 AM   #114
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Its not even really mine, my parents own it. They just bought it for me to drive around.
Well at least they gave you something
Old 08-21-2012, 07:54 PM   #115
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Well at least they gave you something
I don't get to keep it after HS though.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:02 PM   #116
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I don't get to keep it after HS though.
Sounds like thats the time to buy a stang then. Just be like screw off you took my only vehicle now I'm going to buy what I want lol.

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:30 PM   #117
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang View Post
Sounds like thats the time to buy a stang then. Just be like screw off you took my only vehicle now I'm going to buy what I want lol.
I know, they are kinda contradictory to themselves... I'm going to plan to get it right when i find out what college i'm going to go to. I'l probably have to pay for my own insurance because i can predict that they won't change their mind so i'l be 18 and i'l probably just go and get my own insurance.

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

They also say i'm not allowed to get a bike until i'm out of college and paying my own health and life insurance.

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

They are just over protective when it comes to automobiles.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:30 PM   #118
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I know, they are kinda contradictory to themselves... I'm going to plan to get it right when i find out what college i'm going to go to. I'l probably have to pay for my own insurance because i can predict that they won't change their mind so i'l be 18 and i'l probably just go and get my own insurance.

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

They also say i'm not allowed to get a bike until i'm out of college and paying my own health and life insurance.

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

They are just over protective when it comes to automobiles.
So like they are more cheap then anything lmao

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
Old 08-21-2012, 11:51 PM   #119
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang

So like they are more cheap then anything lmao
Pretty much lol

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

Quote:

Pretty much lol
But they still don't want me having a Mustang as a teenager... Oh well, I need some form of hobby. My parents wake up, go to work, go home, eat maybe watch Tv and go to bed. They have no actual "hobby" in their life... No wonder I'm bored so much.

HID end all thread
Old 08-22-2012, 01:07 AM   #120
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Ya know... kinda sounds like my dad when I was young... all I wanted was a 2002 Mustang GT, black with black leather. At 23, I found a 1997 Mustang GT convertible on Craigslist that needed some work, hauled it home, and built one mean machine.

I was happy, the car was perfect in my eyes after I did some slight modifications... they quickly realized that my heart was set on a Mustang & they couldn't stop me so they gave in and decided they might as well help me so they would know I made the best choice. I'd try that approach.

"Mom, Dad... I'd like your opinions on something... so please, don't make any judgments, just hear me out. I've found this car, for $X,XXX - I looked on (insert insurance website here) for insurance pricing with X amount of coverage at $XX/monthly. I will be paying for my own car, and would at least like to love my vehicle, as I see it as an extention of myself. I fell in love with (insert body style here) because (insert reasons here). I respect you both, and wish you would respect me and my choices. Buying a car is something I need to do for college/work/etc. You said yourselves that the truck would be 'for me to use during high school & i would have to give it back after graduation.' I'd like for you to go with me to look at this car, and if you don't want to, I will take it to a mechanic and have it inspected before I make the purchase. Here is the carfax *handing a copy to each parent* and the KBB & NADA pricing guides. I really feel this is a car I would love, can see myself in for years to come, and I'm willing to take responsibility for any and all repairs needed."

A similar speech got my parents to understand why I wanted a lifted Dodge Ram a couple years ago... they finally let me make my own decision, since I was legally an adult and ultimiately it was my money. THey then understood that while yes, I respected their input, I also needed themto respect me and my choices. Good luck!!
05.BCA.Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:10 PM   #121
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJstanger

Yes but it is RWD, younger people tend to not care about rain or snow and think they are invincible. I know I did haha rude awakening when that *** slides out and inexperienced drivers panic and BOOM!
I learned to drive rear wheel drive vehicles and the winter time is when I got most of my experience driving
garbill2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:55 PM   #122
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbill2003

I learned to drive rear wheel drive vehicles and the winter time is when I got most of my experience driving
Well every person is different, I knew when I was growing up, most of my immature friends thought it was fun to slam the pedal to the floor around a corner in the winter, all fun and games till they smash a pole and get out crying that there baby is destroyed, And 10 k down the drain because of idiotic driving.
Old 03-19-2014, 11:52 AM   #123

First of all, a mustang is a high performance vehicle and you have to respect it the power available behind the seat. I got an 01 GT for my first car and man that this is my baby! And it is more fun than 75% of the sports cars on the street. U just have to respect it. And tell your parents how much u respect the responsibility of being on the road especially with a GT. Sharp tools are safer than dull tools... Strong/fast are sometimes safer to have than slow dull ones.
isaac_01GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:05 PM   #124
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Well I have a near 15 yr old and he wants a Mustang. Key is wants. You have saved for it and when you turn 18 you should be able to get (until then you are a kid, and living under their roof does give them a little more say I will admit). I have told my son if he wants a specific car or a sports car he needs to get a job and pay for it. I have always said i will pay insurance in exchange for the fact he will have responsibilites still in the house and driving siblings/errands. As long as he does that his insurance is covered. Everything else is on him.

My dad said no to a couple cars that I wanted and was going to pay for myself... still urks me. Truth is you are a kid and may will likely have an issue. Inexperience and brain development, not a personal attack by any means. But thus is life, we work for goals and you have one and are there. See both sides but you only learn life by living it.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:08 PM   #125
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mexico
mo mom wont let me hahahha omg tell her the kia she thinks would be safer actually has more balls then a new edge
FullyAutomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:14 PM   #126
Road Trip!

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullyAutomatic View Post
mo mom wont let me hahahha omg tell her the kia she thinks would be safer actually has more balls then a new edge

Yours is that slow?
TomFromMySpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:26 PM   #127
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomFromMySpace View Post
Yours is that slow?
sure, most are unless its far from stock
Old 03-19-2014, 01:50 PM   #128
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I was scared sh%tless when my kids started driving. Now, daughter is 22 and out da house, son is Almost 19--no tickets and even drove a mustang for his 1st yr (v6). Give your dad another year, atleast till u turn 19 and can do it yourself.
Old 03-19-2014, 02:05 PM   #129
ME Bloodhound
Staff

I guess it is official

Damn y'all pulled this thread back from the dead lol. I was the one who started this thread and I already got my Mustang over a year ago. I posted this when I was 17 and in High School. Already 19 and in College lol.

HID end all thread
Old 03-19-2014, 02:06 PM   #130
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
hahaaa
Old 03-19-2014, 03:23 PM   #131
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
After saving up for 3 years and working my @$$ off, looking around and planning everything out. My parents refuse to let me buy a Mustang. So i guess it will have to wait until after college (5 years from now) Makes me sad
Quit Whining. Education is far more IMPORTANT than what kind of car you drive to school. It is far better to be the Smart Kid than the Cool Kid. Unless you want to work at Wendy's for the rest of your life.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 03:26 PM   #132
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesStang View Post
Well I have a near 15 yr old and he wants a Mustang. Key is wants. You have saved for it and when you turn 18 you should be able to get (until then you are a kid, and living under their roof does give them a little more say I will admit). I have told my son if he wants a specific car or a sports car he needs to get a job and pay for it. I have always said i will pay insurance in exchange for the fact he will have responsibilites still in the house and driving siblings/errands. As long as he does that his insurance is covered. Everything else is on him.

My dad said no to a couple cars that I wanted and was going to pay for myself... still urks me. Truth is you are a kid and may will likely have an issue. Inexperience and brain development, not a personal attack by any means. But thus is life, we work for goals and you have one and are there. See both sides but you only learn life by living it.

They was looking out for you. I couldn't get a mustang v6 until I proved myself. First vehicle was a v6 f150 sxt lol. Slow as balls. Kept me safe though. No offense but you won't realize how dumb you were at 16/17 until your in your 20's. Lol

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
Old 03-19-2014, 03:28 PM   #133
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Damn y'all pulled this thread back from the dead lol. I was the one who started this thread and I already got my Mustang over a year ago. I posted this when I was 17 and in High School. Already 19 and in College lol.

Hell yeah.. It's like looking back on the OG's lol... Sorta... I was on the first page and I actually remember this thread! Wow.. I wish I could time travel back lol.

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
Old 03-19-2014, 03:31 PM   #134
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
ROFL... Well congrats!!! on your (not so new) mustang
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 03:39 PM   #135
ME Bloodhound
Staff

I still remember the thread I made the day I got it.

HID end all thread
Old 03-19-2014, 03:57 PM   #136
Registered Member
Regular

post pics of your new mustang
also... what do your parents think of it now that you have it?
Old 03-19-2014, 04:03 PM   #137
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
Quit Whining. Education is far more IMPORTANT than what kind of car you drive to school. It is far better to be the Smart Kid than the Cool Kid. Unless you want to work at Wendy's for the rest of your life.
True, but NOW Soccerluvr4 is the smart kid AND the cool kid...
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:11 PM   #138
ME Bloodhound
Staff

I guess it is official

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
True, but NOW Soccerluvr4 is the smart kid AND the cool kid...

I must not have seen that post you quoted. I sure do have my sh*t together lol. Got my own car, go to a good private college studying business, have a job making almost 3x as much as my other friends here at school, already have my OWN investment account with money saved. Should be able to minimize my student loans by the time I'm out in 3.5 years...... My room mate still gets money from his parents monthly.

Just wanted a nice car lol

HID end all thread
Old 03-19-2014, 04:14 PM   #139
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullyAutomatic View Post
post pics of your new mustang
also... what do your parents think of it now that you have it?

Well I've had it over a year. My dad likes it and likes most of the stuff I've done to it. My mom could care less about cars lol.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1395263577.585964.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	1,018.2 KB
ID:	151161

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1395263589.684366.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	762.4 KB
ID:	151162

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1395263608.013796.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	580.4 KB
ID:	151163

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1395263620.498193.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	151164

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1395263637.762501.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	151165

HID end all thread
Old 03-19-2014, 04:17 PM   #140
Registered Member
Regular

nice car man. maybe its a good thing they made you wait! haha I doubt you would have such a nice car if you bought one in highschool...
how much did this one cost?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion