Mustang Secrets? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-09-2012, 10:08 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
mrkrabz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 767
Mustang Secrets?

Do any of you know any cool things you can do with the Mustang that aren't necessarily in the manual?
Like, I know the older mustangs, if you hit the unlock button twice, then hold it. It would role down the windows. "

Is there any cool stuff like that for the 13's?

Here is a cool one I found. If you have a remote start (factory remote start), you can hit the break pedal and a button under the dash in a certain order, and that will set it to where the engine wont shut off when you open the door from a remote start.
mrkrabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-09-2012, 10:12 PM   #2
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,863
There is some kind of ECU test that I remember someone mentioning a while back. I don't know how to do it, but your car will do some things in automated fashion. Anybody know..?
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:33 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bamman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Region: Kansas
Posts: 304
When you say older? How much older to do the window trick.
__________________
8 Cylinders Little Brother.
Bamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-10-2012, 07:48 AM   #4
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
I tried the window thing and I could not get it to work
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:34 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
wheelman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 1,187
When you mash the pedal, you go in circles.
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:38 AM   #6
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman
When you mash the pedal, you go in circles.
That's a new one. Lol
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:40 AM   #7
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure
There is some kind of ECU test that I remember someone mentioning a while back. I don't know how to do it, but your car will do some things in automated fashion. Anybody know..?


I'll let the red neck tell ya how it's done. Lol

---------- Post added at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman
When you mash the pedal, you go in circles.
Aww, mines broken then. Because when I mash the pedal I slam into a guardrail.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:44 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Mustang Secrets?

If you leave a tooth (not stolen and must be Human!) under your floor mat the Mustang Fairy will take it and leave you a quarter.
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:22 AM   #9
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone



I'll let the red neck tell ya how it's done. Lol

.
Fortunately, my feathers are numbered for such an occasion.
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:37 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
mrkrabz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 767
Re: Mustang Secrets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
I tried the window thing and I could not get it to work
Try hitting the lock button twice, and on the second hit, hold it down. That may be it. To roll the windows down.

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

Here is one I have been wondering about. On the 13's, that have the LCD screen in the middle. Is there a way to have it display your speed in analog in the middle? So you don't have to read the dials. I know my friend Porsche does that. Would be nice if my Mustang did it.
mrkrabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:37 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Saucywalnuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 239
If you dry hump the bumper it will launch better.
Saucywalnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:59 PM   #12
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
If you leave a tooth (not stolen and must be Human!) under your floor mat the Mustang Fairy will take it and leave you a quarter.
I'm going to yank all my teeth out now! Maybe she will leave me more than 32 quarters.
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 01:18 PM   #13
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Re: Mustang Secrets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
If you leave a tooth (not stolen and must be Human!) under your floor mat the Mustang Fairy will take it and leave you a quarter.
So are you saying that we can go around asking little kids for their teeth? It won't be stealing
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 02:26 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Saucywalnuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4
So are you saying that we can go around asking little kids for their teeth? It won't be stealing
Just don't let a cop see you tryin to get a child to give you his tooth. He might think something else is happening.
Saucywalnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:27 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
lilgramboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 87
hold down the button on dash while starting your car and keep holding till it says test and then let go and you can scroll thru many different things like fuel, mph, battery level and alot of other things
lilgramboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:46 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
mrkrabz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 767
Re: Mustang Secrets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgramboy View Post
hold down the button on dash while starting your car and keep holding till it says test and then let go and you can scroll thru many different things like fuel, mph, battery level and alot of other things
Which button on dash?
mrkrabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:43 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
lilgramboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrabz

Which button on dash?
what year mustang do you have idk if it works for the newer ones I have a 2000 I'll post a pic
lilgramboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:47 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
lilgramboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 87
first one is my rpms and the second is my fuel level, third is my battery level it has alot more like speed and stuff too and alot more that I don't know what they are lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-927983069.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	451.0 KB
ID:	63768   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1678963387.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	444.6 KB
ID:	63769  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2550212450.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	301.5 KB
ID:	63770  
lilgramboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:48 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
nhcowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucywalnuts
If you dry hump the bumper it will launch better.
I already do that for fun...
__________________

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:14 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Silver Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgramboy
first one is my rpms and the second is my fuel level, third is my battery level it has alot more like speed and stuff too and alot more that I don't know what they are lol
Is it the button to reset the mileage?
Silver Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:17 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Saucywalnuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgramboy
hold down the button on dash while starting your car and keep holding till it says test and then let go and you can scroll thru many different things like fuel, mph, battery level and alot of other things
Which button
Saucywalnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:59 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
mrkrabz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 767
Re: Mustang Secrets?

I have a 13' So which button would it be?
mrkrabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:03 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
sally2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrabz
I have a 13' So which button would it be?
The reset button
sally2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:35 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
mrkrabz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 767
Re: Mustang Secrets?

Which is where?
mrkrabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:38 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
lilgramboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 87
it's for the like trip meter and stuff to reset your miles and switch between trip miles and total miles
lilgramboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:44 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
mrkrabz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 767
Re: Mustang Secrets?

Oh, I am looking for a way to display my speed (mph) in the center LCD display on my 13'. Is there a way to do that?
mrkrabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:50 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Silver Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrabz
Oh, I am looking for a way to display my speed (mph) in the center LCD display on my 13'. Is there a way to do that?
Do u have buttons on your steering wheel? If so, you should be able to access it that way.
Silver Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:55 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
mrkrabz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 767
Re: Mustang Secrets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Pony View Post
Do u have buttons on your steering wheel? If so, you should be able to access it that way.
Yeah, I have the buttons on my steering wheel, and I have been through all the menus on the LCD screen, but can't find speed anywhere.
mrkrabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:55 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
beccabau2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgramboy
it's for the like trip meter and stuff to reset your miles and switch between trip miles and total miles
how do you do it for your car ? I hve a 02 and would like to do that
beccabau2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:24 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
03torch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrabz
Do any of you know any cool things you can do with the Mustang that aren't necessarily in the manual?
Like, I know the older mustangs, if you hit the unlock button twice, then hold it. It would role down the windows. "

Is there any cool stuff like that for the 13's?

Here is a cool one I found. If you have a remote start (factory remote start), you can hit the break pedal and a button under the dash in a certain order, and that will set it to where the engine wont shut off when you open the door from a remote start.
What years roll down the windows like that?
03torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:32 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
beccabau2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03torch

What years roll down the windows like that?
not ours. I believe it was like 05 06 and they quit bc they were getting complaints that the windows would accidentally roll down
beccabau2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:44 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
mrkrabz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 767
Re: Mustang Secrets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccabau2012 View Post
not ours. I believe it was like 05 06 and they quit bc they were getting complaints that the windows would accidentally roll down
Yeah, I don't know what years did it, but I do know they stopped doing it because windows would role down by themselves if the button was hit on accident and people complained a lot.
mrkrabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:47 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
lilgramboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by beccabau2012

how do you do it for your car ? I hve a 02 and would like to do that
you can try it for the 02 you hold down the button on the dash for your mile meter thing and start your car and keep holding it down until it says test on the mile thing and then let go and it's like 5 seconds after the car starts
lilgramboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:53 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
beccabau2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgramboy

you can try it for the 02 you hold down the button on the dash for your mile meter thing and start your car and keep holding it down until it says test on the mile thing and then let go and it's like 5 seconds after the car starts
alright thanks
beccabau2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:57 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
lilgramboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 87
no problem and tell me if it works
lilgramboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



04:37 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.