Thoughts on opening a performance shop south texas - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-15-2012, 08:45 PM   #1

Region: Texas
Thoughts on opening a performance shop south texas

Hey every one, moving to port aransas Texas from Indiana on Monday, and I was thinking of opening a mustang performance shop there. There is one here in my home town in Indiana called brenspeed. Just wanting every ones opinion on this. Please all comments welcome
1990fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2012, 08:47 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990fox
Hey every one, moving to port aransas Texas from Indiana on Monday, and I was thinking of opening a mustang performance shop there. There is one here in my home town in Indiana called brenspeed. Just wanting every ones opinion on this. Please all comments welcome
If its your dream to open a shop, then live it bro! I would say from a customer stand point the friendlier service the more success youll have! Good luck man! Hope it works out for you! Im in Oklahoma, so i could possibly wing a trip to see you!
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:51 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake

If its your dream to open a shop, then live it bro! I would say from a customer stand point the friendlier service the more success youll have! Good luck man! Hope it works out for you! Im in Oklahoma, so i could possibly wing a trip to see you!
Rock on man, always been my dream. And I try to be the friendliest person possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2012, 09:12 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:

Rock on man, always been my dream. And I try to be the friendliest person possible.
Then go for it man!
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:28 PM   #5
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Re: Thoughts on opening a performance shop south texas

P.A.T. Probably isn't the best place for a performance shop.

Port Aransas is situated on the Gulf of Mexico at the pass between Mustang and St Josephs Islands. "Port A" as it is known by the locals, is one of the top vacation destinations in Texas. It is a small beach community of only about 3,500 people, but the population can grow to more than 10 times that number during the summer months and spring break.

You would be better off opening a t-shirt shop during spring break.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:05 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
P.A.T. Probably isn't the best place for a performance shop.

Port Aransas is situated on the Gulf of Mexico at the pass between Mustang and St Josephs Islands. "Port A" as it is known by the locals, is one of the top vacation destinations in Texas. It is a small beach community of only about 3,500 people, but the population can grow to more than 10 times that number during the summer months and spring break.

You would be better off opening a t-shirt shop during spring break.
Thanks for the input DD that was kinda my thoughts on everything that's y I figured I'd ask and try and get some locals inputs
Old 08-15-2012, 10:15 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Couple things. Brenspeed would be a good model.

Second, me and my brothers have the same dream. I've actually been doing a lot of research on it. The startup cost is the thing stopping me. I've looked at a bunch of shops and reviews etc. To get a good shop, tools, lifts, a dyno, an entertaining waiting room (you would be amazed at how much that affects decisions), some display parts, computers/software and hiring a good mechanic until you get more experience... It's expensive.

Granted, you don't have to have all that right away, I'm just saying the shops that make any significant profit even during the recession, have that stuff.

I hope you get to start your shop, that's what America is about man. Just a few things to think about. Good luck man.
For fun: Window louvers, 15% tint, Raxiom tinted taillights, J&L Audio sub.
BenGT07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:53 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Good luck on your endeavors. I would look into opening your business in Corpus Christi, Tx (my hometown). Not to far away from Port A. Larger population and a huge performance car area. It has a short track and NASCARs Labonte family is from there. On top of that the successful local business also have disposable income for there kids and there toys. Last time i was home i don't remember seeing a high end performance ship there Either. It's my hometown as well.
3dStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:07 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dStang
Good luck on your endeavors. I would look into opening your business in Corpus Christi, Tx (my hometown). Not to far away from Port A. Larger population and a huge performance car area. It has a short track and NASCARs Labonte family is from there. On top of that the successful local business also have disposable income for there kids and there toys. Last time i was home i don't remember seeing a high end performance ship there Either. It's my hometown as well.
Thanks for that info 3D I will deffanatly check into that when I get out there

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Tags
texas