New Exhaust ? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-22-2012, 12:09 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
New Exhaust ?

By ideas on a good exhaust system ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2012, 12:10 AM   #2
Sad Panda
Staff

Region: Texas
Long tubes, no mufflers
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
Old 08-22-2012, 12:10 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I mean any?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2012, 01:39 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

YouTube is the best place to go for sound. The cameras don't do the cars justice. If you still have stock exhaust anything is a massive improvement
Old 08-22-2012, 07:47 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_L
By ideas on a good exhaust system ?
It's all in what you like. Tone, volume etc. go to a local mustang meet or car show or the track and listen to other people's cars.
For fun: Window louvers, 15% tint, Raxiom tinted taillights, J&L Audio sub.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:27 PM   #6

Region: Indiana
Re: New Exhaust ?

I have slp lt headers, slp high-flow catted x, and loudmouth axlebacks. Definetly one of the loudest combinations. Certainly turns heads. Have detroit rocker cams from brenspeed as well and the lope sounds amazing. Just a suggestion though.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:16 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by s197streetmod
I have slp lt headers, slp high-flow catted x, and loudmouth axlebacks. Definetly one of the loudest combinations. Certainly turns heads. Have detroit rocker cams from brenspeed as well and the lope sounds amazing. Just a suggestion though.
Yep loud, now please take off that god awful rear bumper valence & the side skirts.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:27 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I'm about to get in trouble... again... for being a true car enthusiast...

OK your car reminds me of the following:
kid rock (he can't decide what kind of artist he is,you have a import rear clip and side skirts, your front clip is trying to be something it's not... you have a gt w cobra symbols, Carl Shelby God rest his soul would punch u n the face...

And a transvestite because your car looks like something off fast n the furious w a camaro-esk sound.....you my friend are very very confused... and you should remove the cobra symbols immediately!!!

Sorry mods but I know you hate my opinions towards people who lack taste but YOU SHOULD NOT PUT SYMBOLS ON YOUR CAR THAT ARE OUT RIGHT FALSE!!!

Mods you should hit these people with bans not people like me who respect the heritage
Old 08-22-2012, 05:39 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Well I didn't say alllllll that but..... Just the side skirts and rear bumper...
Old 08-22-2012, 05:40 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by s197streetmod
i love this setup sounds sweet

Low2v
Old 08-22-2012, 05:41 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCS06GT
Well I didn't say alllllll that but..... Just the side skirts and rear bumper...
I'm Gona have to agree
Old 08-22-2012, 05:43 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversky545
I'm about to get in trouble... again... for being a true car enthusiast...

OK your car reminds me of the following:
kid rock (he can't decide what kind of artist he is,you have a import rear clip and side skirts, your front clip is trying to be something it's not... you have a gt w cobra symbols, Carl Shelby God rest his soul would punch u n the face...

And a transvestite because your car looks like something off fast n the furious w a camaro-esk sound.....you my friend are very very confused... and you should remove the cobra symbols immediately!!!

Sorry mods but I know you hate my opinions towards people who lack taste but YOU SHOULD NOT PUT SYMBOLS ON YOUR CAR THAT ARE OUT RIGHT FALSE!!!

Mods you should hit these people with bans not people like me who respect the heritage
lol ouch. its a sweet car minus the rear and side skirts and obviously the false badges

Low2v
Old 08-22-2012, 06:01 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

That's what I was referring to... the sound just reminds me of a lt1 cammed camaro... front clip is sweet... just take the badges off and import stuff ie window scoops skirts and rear bumper... IMO
Old 08-22-2012, 07:28 PM   #14

Towards silversky: I don't won't to start a fight on these threads. First of all it is off the topic of the thread. But please don't condescend me. I am a true muscle car fanatic. I respect your opinion but it is my gt. I bought it used back in 2008 with the majority on that stuff on it already. I have been planning to remove the rear fascia for awhile now, but haven't dumped much cash into it. And I would bow down to Carrol Shelby. I have so much respect for him, (not sure why he would "punch me in the face"), and he truly loved the fact that people could customize their mustang into their own. That is what a true gearhead is and that is what seperates us mustang guys and chevy guys (I thought anyway). Gotta stick together. I don't won't to come off as rude (like you did). I am not trying to pose my car as a shelby gt500. If anyone asks I tell them it is a gt because that is what it is (nothing compared to a beast shelby at the moment). Nowhere did I put shelby's name or gt500 on my car. I just like some of the styling points like the front fascia/cobra (which is used on a lot of cars that aren't shelbys). I like the fact I can take parts from different cars and turn my mustang into my own. And everywhere I go I turn heads and get thumbs up from the rumble at lights.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:42 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

You must not have read my final post... the Shelby remark is based on the simple fact he despised when people faked cars by using false badges... that is the main reason for my rant... being a prior cobra owner I take serious offense to fobras... the rear bumper and side skirts is ugly IMO ... and the other part of my rant is to the mods for getting on me in the past, several times for similar threads... that's why I was talking to them in my post and nit just you... your front clip is fantastic... the sound is not my thing but cool non the less... my one and only point of the post... and I already said this once, once was to get you to take the badges off... you do not have to point out that mustang's are cool for the making em ur own... that's a given.... what is not OK is lying with the use of false symbols... say what you will about being a true whatever but if that were the case the symbols would have been taken off the day you drove it home... I promise you a ton of people will agree w me... but will not speak out about it due to the risk of getting banded... I however feel it needs to be said... I'm sorry you don't like what I have to say but it's the truth...
Old 08-23-2012, 08:38 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Couple things, your car, do what you want. I don't know what it looks like, but... Different strokes for different folks. If I see a GT and its got Cobra badges, I laugh at the guy, call him a poser and calmly walk away.

Back on topic. Just make sure you plan your whole exhaust at the beginning. Even if you only buy an axle back, think about what mid pipe and headers you want eventually and what sound you are going for.
For fun: Window louvers, 15% tint, Raxiom tinted taillights, J&L Audio sub.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:58 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
S197. The exhaust sounds pretty sweet. Not what i like but we all can't have the same. (life would be boring) I have to agree with
Silversky,.... Quick story to make his point. Friend of mine ran his Camero against a Cobra at the Show-n-Go at BIR (Brainerd International Raceway) my buddy beat him by a nose. He would not let me live it down. While back in the pits, I wanted to go BS with a fellow Mustang guy. Long story short, the guy was a younger kid who swapped his GT badges for Cobra ones. His excuse was that he had the front and rear bumpers from a cobra. So why not the badges too. My friend now thinks he can outrun cobras.

Silversky, I have to ask why you think window scoops are rice? Many a classic boss' have them, not to mention the 67' Eleanor.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:03 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

I did not mean to call them rice... I just don't like fake things on cars
Old 08-23-2012, 07:05 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
If Carroll Shelby didn't pass, I'd punch him in the face for a few of his creations

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
Old 08-23-2012, 07:39 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol
If Carroll Shelby didn't pass, I'd punch him in the face for a few of his creations
And which creations might those be?
Old 08-23-2012, 07:57 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulls98GT

And which creations might those be?
Think dodge

Old 08-23-2012, 08:04 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

This pos, for starters and the s197 Shelby GT and the 07 gt500

In my opinion they need to drop the dead dinosaurs name and put SVT on the back
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1052315654.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	65254  

Old 08-23-2012, 08:55 PM   #23
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol View Post

Think dodge
Yeah, that must have been so much money even he couldnt pass it up. Or maybe he lost a bet.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:01 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

And y'all think I'm a d#$%... what's wrong w the Shelby gt and 07 gt500 exactly
Old 08-23-2012, 10:07 PM   #25
Lorraine's driver

Regular

I don't have a prob with'em. I was commenting on the Shelby-Dodge venture.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:21 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
And y'all think I'm a d#$%... what's wrong w the Shelby gt and 07 gt500 exactly
Tell me what's right with the Shelby GT? It's just marketing nothing special besides a few stickers and scoops

And GT500 non IRS for one and doesn't have the same appeal as the o3-04

Old 08-23-2012, 11:43 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

I don't know what irs is and it's a sick looking car w 5.4 and a blower w 6 speed... but yea 07 gt500s r dumb: -/

Shelby gt...
Intake and more aggressive tune
Lighter two camber mufflers
Catted x pipe
Complete FRPP suspension pack shocks struts springs front and rear sway bars ect

It's got more than a bullet much more... again your right: -/
Old 08-24-2012, 07:05 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I don't know what irs is and it's a sick looking car w 5.4 and a blower w 6 speed... but yea 07 gt500s r dumb: -/

Shelby gt...
Intake and more aggressive tune
Lighter two camber mufflers
Catted x pipe
Complete FRPP suspension pack shocks struts springs front and rear sway bars ect

It's got more than a bullet much more... again your right: -/
Shelby GT should of went like this
NA 5.4 sohc or dohc
373s
And everything else it has

Old 08-24-2012, 07:14 AM   #29
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Somewhere in that timeframe Shelby himself wasn't actually involved. Didn't Ford buy the name for that time and the SVT group handle the GT500's? Then for the 2013, I heard that was the first time Shelby had been a part of the development since ~2007.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:18 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure
Somewhere in that timeframe Shelby himself wasn't actually involved. Didn't Ford buy the name for that time and the SVT group handle the GT500's? Then for the 2013, I heard that was the first time Shelby had been a part of the development since ~2007.
Do be honest I think he was done a long time ago, it was just the name

Old 08-24-2012, 07:36 AM   #31
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol View Post

I know it's off topic, but going forward, I think they should end the GT500 for a while with the '13-14. I don't know if they will have rights or not, but I think they should drop the Shelby hookup too. He's gone, so we know it will never have the same meaning.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:36 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol

I know he was extremely involved in the 2013 Gt500. Also I just read that the Shelby connection with Ford is set up through 2020. Also Shelby is looking at making other cars for Ford, throughout there entire product line.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:01 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

OP, there are a thousand post on exhaust, use the search. And to Silversky545 don't you complain when somebody takes a dump in one of your threads. It would be a little different if you were complaining about the OP's car. Why not just start your own ***** thread. Show a little common courtesy.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:34 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil_T2
OP, there are a thousand post on exhaust, use the search. And to Silversky545 don't you complain when somebody takes a dump in one of your threads. It would be a little different if you were complaining about the OP's car. Why not just start your own ***** thread. Show a little common courtesy.
What are you talking about?? So a guy talks **** on Shelby cars I defend and your saying I'm the one who is hijacking a thread wtf???
Old 08-24-2012, 04:26 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

Just because the guy posted a video, so the OP could hear a sound clip was not an excuse to bash the car. No matter how ****ty it looked. Even with BCS06GT making a comment, You blew it open post #8 , should have let it go.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Tags
exhaust