Thought i would share. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-23-2012, 02:26 PM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Thought i would share.

So American muscle sent me a email about them raising $14,700 for cystic fibrosis so I thought that was pretty cool cause I have cystic fibrosis.
So I emailed them saying thank you for raising money to help find a cure for what I'm going through. They emailed me bake asking my shirt size before I could even type back I got a email saying my order has been sent for a medium T-shirt. Just thought I would share it really made my day thanks a lot AMERICAN MUSCLE!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2734546775.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	515.3 KB
ID:	65219  
Ryan7racin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2012, 05:11 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Thats cool!
1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:14 PM   #3
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Nice.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2012, 05:21 PM   #4
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Re: Thought i would share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan7racin View Post
So American muscle sent me a email about them raising $14,700 for cystic fibrosis so I thought that was pretty cool cause I have cystic fibrosis.
So I emailed them saying thank you for raising money to help find a cure for what I'm going through. They emailed me bake asking my shirt size before I could even type back I got a email saying my order has been sent for a medium T-shirt. Just thought I would share it really made my day thanks a lot AMERICAN MUSCLE!

Ryan7racin,

I'm really sorry that you suffer from this horrible disease. Donating the money we raised at our car show and giving you a t-shirt is the least we can do. We really hope they find a cure soon, please let me know if there's ever anything I can do to help you!

- Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:26 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan7racin
Wow, that's awesome I to have Cystic Fibrosis. Been through a lot in my life. So I know where your coming from. Makes me like American muscle even more.
Silver Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:33 PM   #6
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer

Ryan7racin,

I'm really sorry that you suffer from this horrible disease. Donating the money we raised at our car show and giving you a t-shirt is the least we can do. We really hope they find a cure soon, please let me know if there's ever anything I can do to help you!

- Dan
Thank you very much. Mustangs and this disease are a huge part of my life, I'm pretty limited what I can do. It just made me really happy to know that y'all raised to much money to help out and it was really nice to offer me a shirt. Every little extra money I have I put back into my stang ( always order from american muscle ) it's kinda like a hoppy to me since I can't really do a whole lot. It just really made my day to know y'all support this and raised to much money to help out and offered to send me a shirt. Thank you guys for having an amazing mustang site and doing what y'all did for me and the cystic fibrosis foundation!

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Pony

Wow, that's awesome I to have Cystic Fibrosis. Been through a lot in my life. So I know where your coming from. Makes me like American muscle even more.
Wow man do you really? Yea I have been through a lot it's a tuff life. I had a lot of respect for this company just for having such great customer service but when I seen this it kinda hit a place in my heart. I know a lot of people will look at this and say they only sent you a shirt big deal, but it really means a lot that they went out there way to do this for me.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:01 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

It really does mean a lot. It shows how much they appreciate you as a person not just a customer. I appreciate American Muscle for supporting the Cystic Fibrosis foundation.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:47 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Quote:

Thank you very much. Mustangs and this disease are a huge part of my life, I'm pretty limited what I can do. It just made me really happy to know that y'all raised to much money to help out and it was really nice to offer me a shirt. Every little extra money I have I put back into my stang ( always order from american muscle ) it's kinda like a hoppy to me since I can't really do a whole lot. It just really made my day to know y'all support this and raised to much money to help out and offered to send me a shirt. Thank you guys for having an amazing mustang site and doing what y'all did for me and the cystic fibrosis foundation!

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

Wow man do you really? Yea I have been through a lot it's a tuff life. I had a lot of respect for this company just for having such great customer service but when I seen this it kinda hit a place in my heart. I know a lot of people will look at this and say they only sent you a shirt big deal, but it really means a lot that they went out there way to do this for me.
That's really cool of them! If you don't mind me asking what is the disease exactly?
Timm04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:13 PM   #9
Road Trip!

About Cystic Fibrosis
Cystic fibrosis (CF) is an inherited chronic disease that affects the lungs and digestive system of about 30,000 children and adults in the United States (70,000 worldwide). A defective gene and its protein product cause the body to produce unusually thick, sticky mucus that:
clogs the lungs and leads to life-threatening lung infections; and
obstructs the pancreas and stops natural enzymes from helping the body break down and absorb food.
In the 1950s, few children with cystic fibrosis lived to attend elementary school. Today, advances in research and medical treatments have further enhanced and extended life for children and adults with CF. Many people with the disease can now expect to live into their 30s, 40s and beyond.
Symptoms of Cystic Fibrosis
People with CF can have a variety of symptoms, including:
very salty-tasting skin;
persistent coughing, at times with phlegm;
frequent lung infections;
wheezing or shortness of breath;
poor growth/weight gain in spite of a good appetite; and
frequent greasy, bulky stools or difficulty in bowel movements.
Statistics
About 1,000 new cases of cystic fibrosis are diagnosed each year.
More than 70% of patients are diagnosed by age two.
More than 45% of the CF patient population is age 18 or older.
The predicted median age of survival for a person with CF is in the mid-30s.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:18 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

man im sorry to hear about u guys goin through so much. AmericanMuscle rocks!!! im going to be an AM customer for years to come !!

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:54 PM   #11
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplay
man im sorry to hear about u guys goin through so much. AmericanMuscle rocks!!! im going to be an AM customer for years to come !!
Thanks man, I was delt this hand so I'll play it with winning hopes!
Yes American muscle rocks!
Old 08-24-2012, 12:52 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
I'm sorry to hear I had no clue it was something to that extent im very sorry to hear that and I'm glad AM is helping fight it and tryin to find a cure
Timm04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:01 PM   #13
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Thank you very much. Mustangs and this disease are a huge part of my life, I'm pretty limited what I can do. It just made me really happy to know that y'all raised to much money to help out and it was really nice to offer me a shirt. Every little extra money I have I put back into my stang ( always order from american muscle ) it's kinda like a hoppy to me since I can't really do a whole lot. It just really made my day to know y'all support this and raised to much money to help out and offered to send me a shirt. Thank you guys for having an amazing mustang site and doing what y'all did for me and the cystic fibrosis foundation![COLOR="Silver"]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Pony View Post
It's a true pleasure assisting you guys. I have so much respect for you guys, and we will continue to help fight towards a cure!

I'm glad that we can all share the same hobby. I look forward to continuing to build our relationships together! Definitely hit me up anytime you guys have a question, need assistance or just want to chat!

PS - Silver Pony, shoot me a PM with a previous order number. There's a shirt headed your way as well!

- Dan
Old 08-25-2012, 03:14 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Wow that is such a great thing they did.my husband had cystic fibrosis.he passed away at 34 in Dec 2011.still very hard for me to think about cuz I loved him so much.I know what a bad disease it can be and I hope that they find a cure for it one day soon.
cheelyb09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:48 PM   #15
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheelyb09

Wow that is such a great thing they did.my husband had cystic fibrosis.he passed away at 34 in Dec 2011.still very hard for me to think about cuz I loved him so much.I know what a bad disease it can be and I hope that they find a cure for it one day soon.
Sorry to hear that, I lost a close friend to it in 2009. I bet it was hard I know it takes a lot to go through something like that and there's really nothing you can do to help. If you need anybody to chat with about it send me a message.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:01 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Sorry to hear that, I lost a close friend to it in 2009. I bet it was hard I know it takes a lot to go through something like that and there's really nothing you can do to help. If you need anybody to chat with about it send me a message.
Thank you chats is very sweet of you.yes Its still very hard for me.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:43 PM   #17
Road Trip!

I bet it is still hard, my friend passed away from it I looked up to him he was a couple years older than me and when I found out I had it he really helped me through it and tought me everything about it. I have his initials tattooed on my arm it's very hard for me at times and he passed away in 2009. It just hurt me cause I never though anything would happen to him and them he passed and the person I looked up to was gone.
Nice mustang btw! And again if you need anything or just someone to talk to about it that understands shoot me a message!
Old 08-26-2012, 10:07 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I bet it is still hard, my friend passed away from it I looked up to him he was a couple years older than me and when I found out I had it he really helped me through it and tought me everything about it. I have his initials tattooed on my arm it's very hard for me at times and he passed away in 2009. It just hurt me cause I never though anything would happen to him and them he passed and the person I looked up to was gone.
Nice mustang btw! And again if you need anything or just someone to talk to about it that understands shoot me a message!
I thought that my husband would always be around.we only got to celebrate 3 wedding anniversarys together, I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary last month all by myself.
Thank you I just got it a few months ago.and if you ever need anybody to talk to I'm here for you.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:52 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Sorry to hear about so many suffering or knowing someone suffering from this horrible disease. My prayers and thoughts are with you and now it gives something very pertinent to think about when I drive my mustang. I lost a friend about a year and a half ago to this disease. I am glad I am a customer of American Muscle.
psychosiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:08 AM   #20
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychosiz
Sorry to hear about so many suffering or knowing someone suffering from this horrible disease. My prayers and thoughts are with you and now it gives something very pertinent to think about when I drive my mustang. I lost a friend about a year and a half ago to this disease. I am glad I am a customer of American Muscle.
Thanks man, how old was your friend?
Old 08-27-2012, 03:00 PM   #21
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheelyb09 View Post
I'm extremely sorry for your loss. On the behalf of myself and AmericanMuscle our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. We will continue to fight towards a cure and do whatever we can to help all of you.

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help. I know sending over a shirt or sweatshirt won't ease the pain but if you would like one feel free to PM me your information and I'll send you something immediately.

Take Care and Stay Strong!

- Dan
Old 08-30-2012, 12:25 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

This thread makes me proud to be an American and a Mustanger. There are So many great people in this hobby- those that continue to enjoy what the rest of us take for granted, despite the pain they endure, and those of us that that share our privilege with those that suffer. Good job, American Muscle! I will support your business forever!
Old 08-30-2012, 10:44 AM   #23
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Thanks for all the great feedback, guys! My wife has Cystic Fibrosis, so when our Facebook fans selected the charity, I was really excited. It's because of the research dollars from the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation that my wife is now on Kalydeco, which treats the root cause of her genetic mutation of CF.

Thanks for coming out, having a great time and supporting a good cause!
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764 | Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
Need Help? PM AMAlexLazarus for immediate assistance!
AMChrisRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:17 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by amchrisrose
Thanks for all the great feedback, guys! My wife has Cystic Fibrosis, so when our Facebook fans selected the charity, I was really excited. It's because of the research dollars from the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation that my wife is now on Kalydeco, which treats the root cause of her genetic mutation of CF.

Thanks for coming out, having a great time and supporting a good cause!
Very interesting. After reading your post I googled Kalydeco cause I had never heard of it. I was diagnosed at birth with CF and my doctor has not mentioned this drug. I've been taking the same meds all my life. I am now 40 yrs old and doing well. I will have to talk to my doctor about this. Thank you American Muscle for all your help.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:59 PM   #25
Road Trip!

Quote:

Very interesting. After reading your post I googled Kalydeco cause I had never heard of it. I was diagnosed at birth with CF and my doctor has not mentioned this drug. I've been taking the same meds all my life. I am now 40 yrs old and doing well. I will have to talk to my doctor about this. Thank you American Muscle for all your help.
It's almost like a cure it's the first med that targets the direct reason what's wrong with us. My friend was on it for 6 months and he said it made him feel amazing like he was cured I hope I can get on it soon. I don't think it's out to the public yet I think they are only doing trials at this point last I heard the we're in the 3rd step out of 3 so should be out to public soon! I'm glad everyone took time out to comment on this thread thanks everyone for there support to fight this!
Old 08-30-2012, 01:40 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

It's almost like a cure it's the first med that targets the direct reason what's wrong with us. My friend was on it for 6 months and he said it made him feel amazing like he was cured I hope I can get on it soon. I don't think it's out to the public yet I think they are only doing trials at this point last I heard the we're in the 3rd step out of 3 so should be out to public soon! I'm glad everyone took time out to comment on this thread thanks everyone for there support to fight this!
I've already emailed my doctor to find out more info on it and why they haven't shared this with me. I must live in a cave. I'm always the last one to find out. Lol! Congrats to your friend. I wish I had something like this growing up.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:00 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
Glad to hear that a hobby like mustangs can bring people together like this. Great job American muscle and my thoughts and prayers go out to all of u who have this unfortunate disease.

Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:10 PM   #28
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtommy
Glad to hear that a hobby like mustangs can bring people together like this. Great job American muscle and my thoughts and prayers go out to all of u who have this unfortunate disease.
Thanks man really appreciate it.

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

Quote:
I've already emailed my doctor to find out more info on it and why they haven't shared this with me. I must live in a cave. I'm always the last one to find out. Lol! Congrats to your friend. I wish I had something like this growing up.
It was just a 6 month thing and when he got off he said he felt like he had the flu he got really sick. I guess from feeling so great almost cured then back to normal really made him sick. He also driver a stang he has a 07 Gt with saleen body kit and saleen wheels it's super clean.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:03 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan

Quote:
More than 45% of the CF patient population is age 18 or older.
The predicted median age of survival for a person with CF is in the mid-30s.
Terrible disease. Fortunately, symptomatic treatment has evolved in the past decade or so to improve a patients longevity. It wasn't that long ago where it was unusual to see a CF patient in their late twenty's, let alone thirties.

Hang in there.

Tim
Tim13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:21 AM   #30
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim13

Terrible disease. Fortunately, symptomatic treatment has evolved in the past decade or so to improve a patients longevity. It wasn't that long ago where it was unusual to see a CF patient in their late twenty's, let alone thirties.

Hang in there.

Tim
Yup I'll be 20 next month so I'm proud to make it out my teens. Hopefully ill make it another 20!
Old 09-03-2012, 02:25 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yup I'll be 20 next month so I'm proud to make it out my teens. Hopefully ill make it another 20!
I'm proof you can brother. I turned 40 this year. I feel like I could go another 20.
Old 09-03-2012, 04:14 PM   #32
Road Trip!

Thats good man, I hope you can make it another 40! We can do it! Never give up the fight only the strongest get handed this kind of fight.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion