05-09 V6 Exhaust - Satisfied with yours? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-08-2012, 08:03 PM   #1
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
05-09 V6 Exhaust - Satisfied with yours?

Your exhaust system? If yes, what do you have and how does it sound? If no, what would you get? Which brand? Which exhaust system and why. There are a lot of mustang lover's that would like to know. Like myself! I purchased Ford High Performance w/ Xpipe True Dual Exhaust system from American Muscle because someone told me they sound great! Wrong! So now I'm purchasing Borla's Atak or SLP Loudmouth. Inquiring Minds Would Like To Know!
SCCofSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2012, 08:17 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

My car is stocked right now till next week . I just order roush axel back yesterday. I watched a lot of YouTube vids on different ones but found these to be the best in my opinion. Can't wait till they get here.
Tha twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:58 PM   #3
Sad Panda
Staff

Region: Texas
I started out my exhaust with the pypes true dual system. Mine came with mustang GT take off mufflers. Sounded good if you want a stock GT like sound. I added a set of cheap shorties. There wasn't much of a difference as expected. I wanted a little louder just like about everyone else. At first I just left it alone cause I didn't know wtf I wanted. After a little searching on YouTube I come across this video.

I wanted something close. Main difference is he has an H pipe & I have an X. I removed mufflers & replaced them with custom muffler deletes w/4" tips. Here is the product of shorty headers, stock cats, & 2.5" pipe all the way out to 4" tips. To me, myself, & I this is satisfaction.

98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2012, 09:13 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I've got a white 2005 v6 mustang, and I wanted to spice it up so I got recommended a 40 series flow master if your not feeling rich, got mine for $125.00
and for that price, the sound was worth it, I was laughing with joy when I drove it off the shop, and just the sound alone makes the car even better, bottom line, have little money for great sound, worth getting.
MustacheMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:57 AM   #5
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Re: Are You Satisfied With...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustacheMustang View Post
I've got a white 2005 v6 mustang, and I wanted to spice it up so I got recommended a 40 series flow master if your not feeling rich, got mine for $125.00
and for that price, the sound was worth it, I was laughing with joy when I drove it off the shop, and just the sound alone makes the car even better, bottom line, have little money for great sound, worth getting.

That's Great!!! Did you stick with the single exhaust or go with the true dual exhaust?

Do you have a video on Youtube.com so others and myself can hear how it sounds?
This can help us make in making a good decision! And if you did not, is it possible that can? And the post a link to it? This applies to everyone.... I know we can't hear a before. But an after would be totally awesome! I PROMISE! Pleassssee.....
Old 09-11-2012, 03:09 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I stuck with the single 40 series flowmaster, but mann was it worth the small cash, I swear to you, it will bring a smile to your face, and I will make a YouTube video just because you encouraged me, thx bro.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:59 PM   #7
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustacheMustang View Post
I stuck with the single 40 series flowmaster, but mann was it worth the small cash, I swear to you, it will bring a smile to your face, and I will make a YouTube video just because you encouraged me, thx bro.

Hey, no problem! I'd seriously would like to hear it! That would be way cool!
Oh!! By the way, I'll take the "thx bro" as a compliment because it made me feel good! But I am a girl who loves Mustangs like the rest of you all!
Old 09-11-2012, 07:04 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

ohh, my bad, but that's good, there's a lot of women out there that love mustang and your one of them, I love your mustang, love the louvers, black rims with red ring around them, you got the whole works!!
Old 09-11-2012, 08:24 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota

I did just the true duel X pipe and left it at that. No muffler just a tip. Its a little loud. But sounds mean. Prob the best v6 ive ever heard.
kirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:35 AM   #10
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirpy View Post
I did just the true duel X pipe and left it at that. No muffler just a tip. Its a little loud. But sounds mean. Prob the best v6 ive ever heard.
Hey Kirpy! By chance did you make a "Before & After" video and post it on Youtube showing the difference in the sound? So, people like me who want to modify our existing exhaust can make an informed decision...
Old 09-12-2012, 05:20 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCofSV View Post
Hey Kirpy! By chance did you make a "Before & After" video and post it on Youtube showing the difference in the sound? So, people like me who want to modify our existing exhaust can make an informed decision...
No. I honestly didnt think about it. I was putting the new bumper on and it wouldn't clear the the exhaust. Ill try to get a video of what i have. But if you know for sure your changing your exhaust. I recomend cutting off just the muffler and see if you like the sound before ordering anything. I love the sound especially when im getting on it.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:59 AM   #12
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirpy View Post
No. I honestly didnt think about it. I was putting the new bumper on and it wouldn't clear the the exhaust. Ill try to get a video of what i have. But if you know for sure your changing your exhaust. I recomend cutting off just the muffler and see if you like the sound before ordering anything. I love the sound especially when im getting on it.
Actually, I'm thinking about a Cat Delete. I talked with a friend of mine that helped me install the Ford High Performance Racing True Dual Exhaust System. He said, it sounded good as it is but, with those removed, my car would have better performance, gain more rwhp and sound great especially when I really got on it. I forgot to call AM and have them customize a new tune. So I'm hoping that should I go that route they can. I wish I could hear yours. I think ill go spend some time at Youtube.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:07 AM   #13
Sad Panda
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCofSV

Actually, I'm thinking about a Cat Delete. I talked with a friend of mine that helped me install the Ford High Performance Racing True Dual Exhaust System. He said, it sounded good as it is but, with those removed, my car would have better performance, gain more rwhp and sound great especially when I really got on it. I forgot to call AM and have them customize a new tune. So I'm hoping that should I go that route they can. I wish I could hear yours. I think ill go spend some time at Youtube.
I've heard that if you mess with the cats on ours it sounds like poo. Did yall listen to my video ? Jw
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
Old 09-12-2012, 12:19 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Quote:
You gain more hp but lose throttle responce. And with the delay ford already put in the electronic throttle cable it would make it a horrible car to drive.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:43 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I have Mac long tube headers with a xpipe an magnaflow mufflers its has that aggressive sound an a nice rumble while its in idle I like it it was more expensive then most systems out but it beats most v6 owners who put on some exhaust systems that make them sound like a beat up ford ranger
Wmcgrattan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:52 PM   #16
Sad Panda
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmcgrattan
I have Mac long tube headers with a xpipe an magnaflow mufflers its has that aggressive sound an a nice rumble while its in idle I like it it was more expensive then most systems out but it beats most v6 owners who put on some exhaust systems that make them sound like a beat up ford ranger
I'd like to hear that
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
Old 09-13-2012, 03:09 PM   #17

Region: Michigan
I went out with a Flowmaster American Thunder for my 09, it sounds grrrreat!!! I then went with a BBK CAI and it sounds even better! I'm not made of money & I have a lot of other projects so these were inexpensive bolt on upgrades that work out good for me. So far my upgrades have been mostly comestic I have black Ford Racing rims an engine dress up & an interior dress up. Evryone has their own visions for their car so whatever you decide to do that makes you happy is best because everyone also has their own opinion.
mustangsara7009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:28 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrskoundrel

I'd like to hear that
Yea mines a automatic so I had to find a system that didn't have that drone to it but still made people second guess racing me lol but I have to admit that it was expensive but worth it because I'd rather not have a mustang that sounds like a redneck truck
Old 09-14-2012, 01:52 PM   #19
Sad Panda
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmcgrattan

Yea mines a automatic so I had to find a system that didn't have that drone to it but still made people second guess racing me lol but I have to admit that it was expensive but worth it because I'd rather not have a mustang that sounds like a redneck truck
Do you have a video link or YouTube channel?
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
Old 09-14-2012, 03:29 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

No I'll try to make one though I think there's one already of the same set up but I think he has different mufflers
Old 09-27-2012, 12:59 PM   #21
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmcgrattan View Post

Would you mind terribly making a video, sayafter has warmed up?

Example

PARKED:

1. Idle
2. Revved(sp)

DRIVE BY:

1. Normal Driving
2. From 1st to 2nd or 2nd to 3rd?

That would be awesome... And I know much appreciated!
Old 09-27-2012, 04:39 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Yea ill throw one up on YouTube I have my pypes exhaust on now
Old 09-27-2012, 05:29 PM   #23
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmcgrattan View Post
Yea ill throw one up on YouTube I have my pypes exhaust on now
Thank you! Will you post a link as well?
Old 09-27-2012, 08:12 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Yea as soon as I can figure how to up load it to my YouTube account ... Lol
Old 09-28-2012, 07:06 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via MSN to dudeitsdylan
I'm ordering my dual exhaust next week. I can't decide between Magnaflows or Ford Racing though. Hmmm, decisions, decisions. :p
dudeitsdylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:10 AM   #26
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeitsdylan View Post
I'm ordering my dual exhaust next week. I can't decide between Magnaflows or Ford Racing though. Hmmm, decisions, decisions. :p
That's awesome! Your car will run so much better, that's for darn sure!
If you are wanting an exhaust system that sounds quiet or like a touring exhaust, Ford is definitely the way to go. Because that is what you will get. You will only hear it inside your car, not outside. If your looking for something that sounds good? Go with Magnaflows or Flowmasters! If you want something that sounds Great or better yet, Awesome? Go with Borla's!! They are pricey and that's a fact! But, they are also well worth the price!!

I got talked into purchasing the Ford Racing V6 Performance Dual Exhaust kit instead of getting Borla. I regretted it. Don't get me wrong, Ford makes good products but there are other Brands that make better sounding exhaust kits. This is my opinion and I am only speaking of the sound or rather the lack of sound. Plus my experience with previously owning that exact exhaust systems! Good luck!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Tags
exhaust