What happened to respect - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-16-2012, 06:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mattz400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 114
What happened to respect

So the wife and I took a little cruise in the mustang today and went down to what we had planned to be our first entry in a car show. We we got there too late to register so we enjoyed walking around checking out some rides. We stumbled on a mid 90's Roush with a teenager showing off his car (not a bad looking ride). He had several other teenagers hanging out and checking out his audio system. Some of these kids started leaning against a beautiful 70 mach1 that was sitting next to him at the show. An older gentlemen (I assume the owner of the Mach1) came by and politely asked the kids to not lean on his car. These kids copped an attitude like he was the one out of line for asking them to stay off his car. I was in shock and I think my wife felt the tension building when she took my hand and led me on away. Again I ask....what happened to respect?
__________________
Notta 66
Mattz400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-16-2012, 07:45 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigpapaDean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 520
Don't even get me started on that !! I've seen it done to my car at my first mustang meet. I always keep an eye out on my car, primarily because I like the attention my car gets and I enjoy watching people taking pictures....but then from a far I see the same sh_t you saw but on my car. ^#%%^*+*^€>>££!!!!! I was cussing sooo much but was too far away to start running and screaming at them. My wife did the same and calmed me down, all to come back and see a bunch of dirty hand marks on my windows and back quarters! Now I bight my tongue. Anyways, some people are savages, that's how I describe that. Even now my blood is boiling just thinking about it.
BigpapaDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:02 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
1998's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: San Benito
Region: Texas
Posts: 607
I know people think just cause I have a six cylinder they can lean up on it and some even start talking trash about my car. Even had a cop do it once. But I baby the hell out of my car and I don't see why they got to be so rude. Here's a pic of my first car.
My second car
People don't have to talk trash this is what I'm asking for. I'm not asking for them to drool over my car like y'alls al I'm asking for is a little respect
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-618994665.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	275.5 KB
ID:	68796   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3901482411.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	587.7 KB
ID:	68797  

1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-16-2012, 08:12 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mattz400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998
I know people think just cause I have a six cylinder they can lean up on it and some even start talking trash about my car. Even had a cop do it once. But I baby the hell out of my car and I don't see why they got to be so rude. Here's a pic of my first car.
My second car
People don't have to talk trash this is what I'm asking for. I'm not asking for them to drool over my car like y'alls al I'm asking for is a little respect
Both are great looking cars. Keep takin care of en like it appears you do.

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigpapaDean
Don't even get me started on that !! I've seen it done to my car at my first mustang meet. I always keep an eye out on my car, primarily because I like the attention my car gets and I enjoy watching people taking pictures....but then from a far I see the same sh_t you saw but on my car. ^#%%^*+*^€>>££!!!!! I was cussing sooo much but was too far away to start running and screaming at them. My wife did the same and calmed me down, all to come back and see a bunch of dirty hand marks on my windows and back quarters! Now I bight my tongue. Anyways, some people are savages, that's how I describe that. Even now my blood is boiling just thinking about it.
I just check out the pus of your 67. Gotta say she's a beauty.

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattz400

Both are great looking cars. Keep takin care of en like it appears you do.

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------



I just check out the pics of your 67. Gotta say she's a beauty.
__________________
Notta 66
Mattz400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:51 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
I use the alarm feature on the remote often at shows. Has kept ppl in check thus far
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:24 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mattz400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
I use the alarm feature on the remote often at shows. Has kept ppl in check thus far
Where's the like button. Great idea
__________________
Notta 66
Mattz400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:35 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
3dStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
I use the alarm feature on the remote often at shows. Has kept ppl in check thus far
Ha! I do the same. I don't mind someone admiring the ride but I've walked up on dudes pretty much kicking my tires before. I'm like,"WTF?!"
3dStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:27 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
1998's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: San Benito
Region: Texas
Posts: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattz400

Both are great looking cars. Keep takin care of en like it appears you do.

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------



I just check out the pus of your 67. Gotta say she's a beauty.

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------
Thanks!

---------- Post added at 06:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dStang

Ha! I do the same. I don't mind someone admiring the ride but I've walked up on dudes pretty much kicking my tires before. I'm like,"WTF?!"
If they kick your tires then kick them in the shin and say you didn't like that right? Well my car doesn't appreciate being kicked. Just saying
1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:02 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 64
Re: What happened to respect

I see this from young kids all the time. I went to an all chevy show a few years back and there were 2 kids sitting on the fender of a real nice drop top imapal. I asked if it was theirs and they said no, I asked then why the F**^ are you sitting on it. They got off and when I walked away they got back on it about the same time the owner came back. He was bigger than me by about 40 pounds and about as wide as the Impala he drove. He layed into those kids like they were his own, they about crapped their pants.

I go to shows with my kids all the time and have told them from an early age do not touch, dont lean and dont talk crap about anyones car.

I had some kids sitting on my Starsky and Hutch torino in the appt complex parking lot years back and I blew up on them. I moved the car that night and when I got up the next morning my Pontiac was trashed..conincidence? doubt it.
JUNIORS08GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:27 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mattz400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUNIORS08GT
I see this from young kids all the time. I went to an all chevy show a few years back and there were 2 kids sitting on the fender of a real nice drop top imapal. I asked if it was theirs and they said no, I asked then why the F**^ are you sitting on it. They got off and when I walked away they got back on it about the same time the owner came back. He was bigger than me by about 40 pounds and about as wide as the Impala he drove. He layed into those kids like they were his own, they about crapped their pants.

I go to shows with my kids all the time and have told them from an early age do not touch, dont lean and dont talk crap about anyones car.

I had some kids sitting on my Starsky and Hutch torino in the appt complex parking lot years back and I blew up on them. I moved the car that night and when I got up the next morning my Pontiac was trashed..conincidence? doubt it.
Man I can respect you takin care of business but it's a sad world when they trash a beauty because they can't take a little lesson in manners.
__________________
Notta 66
Mattz400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:44 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigpapaDean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 520
Like I said....savages!
BigpapaDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:50 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue305's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 184
Re: What happened to respect

Was at the Brondes show in Toledo yesterday.... My pet peeve is people smoking and leaning into the engine bay and interior of my car with a ciggerette hangin outta their mouth...
__________________
2011 Mustang 3.7 * Grabber Blue * 3.55 FRPP GEARS *20" Dyno in BF G-Force TA KDW * BBK CAI * Roush Axelbacks * BBR 93 Race Tune
GrabberBlue305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:19 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
DaBluedude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,996
Kids these days don't get their *** beat enough. I'm never having kids if i cant discipline them when they need it. A good slap across the *** did wonders for me and I would hate not being able to properly parent a child.
__________________
2003 Mach 1
DaBluedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:22 PM   #14
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue305
Was at the Brondes show in Toledo yesterday.... My pet peeve is people smoking and leaning into the engine bay and interior of my car with a ciggerette hangin outta their mouth...
Is that guy still alive?
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:36 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue305's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 184
Re: What happened to respect

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
Is that guy still alive?
haha, it def prompted me to get up and immed approach him. If it would have burned my car, I can't imagine what I would have done....
__________________
2011 Mustang 3.7 * Grabber Blue * 3.55 FRPP GEARS *20" Dyno in BF G-Force TA KDW * BBK CAI * Roush Axelbacks * BBR 93 Race Tune
GrabberBlue305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:11 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mattz400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude
Kids these days don't get their *** beat enough. I'm never having kids if i cant discipline them when they need it. A good slap across the *** did wonders for me and I would hate not being able to properly parent a child.
Not to start a big political war however....I'm with ya. My dad always told me the fastest way to a kids brain is through their rear. That's not a quote but it is the g rated version.
__________________
Notta 66
Mattz400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:11 PM   #17
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
I once yelled at someone for leaning against my mother-in-laws 12 year old insight, I don't deal well with disrespect
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:00 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
1998's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: San Benito
Region: Texas
Posts: 607
I'm only 17 however I respect others cars
1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:42 PM   #19
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998
I'm only 17 however I respect others cars
As much as most people would like to think the opposite, age has nothing to do with amount of respect a person has, either you learn it as a child or you don't, plain and simple
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:37 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mattz400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998
I'm only 17 however I respect others cars
Really not bashing on teenagers here. I have 5 still at home and a 21 year old that's out on his own. There are some amazing kids out there. Just saying that some folks in general have Zero respect for other peoples property.
__________________
Notta 66
Mattz400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:51 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
1998's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: San Benito
Region: Texas
Posts: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattz400

Really not bashing on teenagers here. I have 5 still at home and a 21 year old that's out on his own. There are some amazing kids out there. Just saying that some folks in general have Zero respect for other peoples property.
Oh ok I know the lack of respect is annoying-_-

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0

As much as most people would like to think the opposite, age has nothing to do with amount of respect a person has, either you learn it as a child or you don't, plain and simple
So true
1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:11 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 525
Re: What happened to respect

I hate when you visit someone and they have cats that like to jump on your car,,His cat jump on my car and i was walking over to get the cat off,,and the guy starting yelling at the cat,,i tried to stop him because i knew what was going to happen,,the cat got scared when he yelled at it,,and scurried as he jump off my car,,it left scratches everywhere,,took several wax jobs to clear it up,,I dont even drive my mustang when i go see him anymore,,i drive the taurs when i visit now..
__________________
mymustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:21 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mattz400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymustang
I hate when you visit someone and they have cats that like to jump on your car,,His cat jump on my car and i was walking over to get the cat off,,and the guy starting yelling at the cat,,i tried to stop him because i knew what was going to happen,,the cat got scared when he yelled at it,,and scurried as he jump off my car,,it left scratches everywhere,,took several wax jobs to clear it up,,I dont even drive my mustang when i go see him anymore,,i drive the taurs when i visit now..
I have had the same issue with dogs. Grrrr
__________________
Notta 66
Mattz400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:27 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
Saucywalnuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymustang
I hate when you visit someone and they have cats that like to jump on your car,,His cat jump on my car and i was walking over to get the cat off,,and the guy starting yelling at the cat,,i tried to stop him because i knew what was going to happen,,the cat got scared when he yelled at it,,and scurried as he jump off my car,,it left scratches everywhere,,took several wax jobs to clear it up,,I dont even drive my mustang when i go see him anymore,,i drive the taurs when i visit now..
I have to cover my car everytime it's in my garage because of my own damn cats.
Saucywalnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:14 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
1998's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: San Benito
Region: Texas
Posts: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattz400

Not to start a big political war however....I'm with ya. My dad always told me the fastest way to a kids brain is through their rear. That's not a quote but it is the g rated version.
As my mom and aunts used to say I'm gonna smack you with my chancla if your not careful. And if I did smacked with a chancla In the rear. A chancla is a sandal. But where I come from we call them chanclas and use them for everything discipline to fly swatter. Here's a pic to help the understanding
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2815183209.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	68953  
1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:25 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
6Banger2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 29
I have taught my kids from day one to respect anyone's vehicle. To me messing with or destroying someone's car is just not even thought of. I hate a couple people in this world, I would shoot them before I messed with their car. I love my cars like they are my kids. I would never hurt someone's kid either. Only *****es do that stuff. And I mean that to apply to both sexes.
6Banger2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:46 PM   #27
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude
Kids these days don't get their *** beat enough. I'm never having kids if i cant discipline them when they need it. A good slap across the *** did wonders for me and I would hate not being able to properly parent a child.
Amen bro! I didn't get them often but if I did it was for a good reason!!
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:47 PM   #28
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Hmiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 1,312
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0

As much as most people would like to think the opposite, age has nothing to do with amount of respect a person has, either you learn it as a child or you don't, plain and simple
Amen!
__________________
VOTE For MOTM!!!!!!
Hmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:48 PM   #29
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
I blame the parents.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:52 PM   #30
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
I'm not about to lecture some kid for wiping my car down with his sticky hands but seriously sometimes... I feel like thisClick image for larger version

Name:	image-664760853.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	159.2 KB
ID:	68957WHO'S KID IS THIS?!?!? Lmao!
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:56 PM   #31
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998

As my mom and aunts used to say I'm gonna smack you with my chancla if your not careful. And if I did smacked with a chancla In the rear. A chancla is a sandal. But where I come from we call them chanclas and use them for everything discipline to fly swatter. Here's a pic to help the understanding
¡correr por tu vida! ¿Si o No?
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:06 PM   #32
Filibuster
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone
I'm not about to lecture some kid for wiping my car down with his sticky hands but seriously sometimes... I feel like thisWHO'S KID IS THIS?!?!? Lmao!
Lol good one chief!..
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:23 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
1998's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: San Benito
Region: Texas
Posts: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford

¡correr por tu vida! ¿Si o No?
Lol! Si!
1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:00 PM   #34
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: What happened to respect

kids like that dont do that stuff to be rude they simply dont know any better because no one taught them normal crap like that.

Unless told its ok, dont mess with it/touch it/get in it/etc~ thats how car shows work and basically ANYTHING someone owns thats not yours.
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:44 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 64
Re: What happened to respect

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymustang View Post
I hate when you visit someone and they have cats that like to jump on your car,,His cat jump on my car and i was walking over to get the cat off,,and the guy starting yelling at the cat,,i tried to stop him because i knew what was going to happen,,the cat got scared when he yelled at it,,and scurried as he jump off my car,,it left scratches everywhere,,took several wax jobs to clear it up,,I dont even drive my mustang when i go see him anymore,,i drive the taurs when i visit now..
recently told my neighbor that if she did not stop allowing her cat to wander around outside all the time I was going to skin it and feed it to my dogs..I did it with the kind of smile that makes you wonder if someone is joking or serious......The damn thing was sleeping on my fresh paint on the hood and when it jumped off it scratched it all up...I could have killed it and her...
JUNIORS08GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



11:19 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.