2013 MyColor - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-20-2012, 10:56 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Unhappy 2013 MyColor

im only getting the 2013 gt base model because im doing my own mods. dont need all the bells and whistles...
ill be buying it outright, but cant exactly go in and order it how i want until the funds come in next week.
WHAT IM WANTING TO KNOW(all the research ive done has given me no answers), DOES THE BASE MODEL HAVE THE MYCOLOR INTERIOR ILLUMINATION?
or is that in a special package? i have checked all different add on packages and cant find it anywhere.
08SteedaQ350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2012, 11:21 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Re: 2013 MyColor

Wish I knew the answer to that question but I don't. What I am curious of though, is why not use half of the money you have to put down on a premium? You would have a cheap @ss car payment and some money to play with after. Not knocking you either way though, I wish I didn't have a car payment every month on the 24th lol.

BTW, if you have that much dough to put down you gotta use your negotiation skills. Cash is king man, you can probably get one with mycolor if you try hard enough.

2012 kona blue gt, GT500 exhaust, tinted windows, J&M Panhard bar, Steeda Ultralites, Koni STR shocks and struts, GT500 strut mounts, SR Performance shifter, Steeda Shifter Bracket, 20" Giovanna Monzas..damn I need more money!!
5pointOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:28 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13gtDarkKnight
im only getting the 2013 gt base model because im doing my own mods. dont need all the bells and whistles...
ill be buying it outright, but cant exactly go in and order it how i want until the funds come in next week.
WHAT IM WANTING TO KNOW(all the research ive done has given me no answers), DOES THE BASE MODEL HAVE THE MYCOLOR INTERIOR ILLUMINATION?
or is that in a special package? i have checked all different add on packages and cant find it anywhere.
MyColor is only on the premium package
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2012, 11:32 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

im only wanting to put about 35k into it total. i found a base gt in town for $26,702 and they said since im paying cash, we can negotiate lower. but i wanna do some exterior mods, 19" wheels, outlaw flowmaster axleback. bout it. i just wanted the track apps and my color.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:43 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

i guess if ive never had it... i wont be missing anything

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

how about the radio? i know it seems like im asking alot out of a base model. but they really dont give you much info on the base. and i dont wanna go bother them at the dealership until im ready. i guess it couldnt hurt tho.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:57 PM   #6
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California

No Shaker, just the base.
'13 5.0 PW Premium / E-Force Supercharger w/ Brenspeed tune / FRPP Recaro's / GT500 quad exhaust / DSS Aluminum / Stop Tech 6P 15" / 13" rears / LP over axels / MGW / Moroso separator / 3:73's / Forgestar F14's 20x9/20x11 w/ Nitto Invo's 275/35's & 315/35's / Steeda Sport springs / Koni STR.T's / Steeda PHB / GT500 Spoiler / Roush upper and lower grills / Stillen front splitter / Boss steering wheel
TommyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:05 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
i guess if ive never had it... i wont be missing anything

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

how about the radio? i know it seems like im asking alot out of a base model. but they really dont give you much info on the base. and i dont wanna go bother them at the dealership until im ready. i guess it couldnt hurt tho.
U won't know what ur missing if u never seen it, but u might regret not getting one of u actually get to see it... IMHO Its pretty amazing, but were all different
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:16 AM   #8
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Me personally I forget that I have it, wouldn't bother me if I didn't have it

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:45 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I completely regret getting a premium over base. All the trinkets are cool, but none of them are something you couldn't live without. I talked my buddy into buying a base instead of a premium and he loves it, plus he paid a hell of a lot less. If you plan on doing heavy mods and tracking the car, base is the way to go. Just make sure to get the recaros and Brembo package.

You could also get the track pack + recaros if you're serious about autox or open track.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:26 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

I have it, just played with the colors for the first time last night. It adds a cool feature and feel to the interior, but wouldn't lose sleep if I didn't have it.
Klaximilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:28 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Don't plan on heavily modding it. I wanna keep it within warranty specs. The recaros wouldn't be good for my back and neck. I need seats with a lil more comfort so I'll stick with the factory seats. As far as the stereo goes, I guess I could always just bring it back and have that upgraded. I have to have something good for Led Zeppelin. I can't disrespect them by listening to them on a junk system lol. A factory warranty is really all I'm after. Extra bells and whistles just mean more problems down the road in my opinion
Old 09-21-2012, 09:49 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Don't plan on heavily modding it. I wanna keep it within warranty specs. The recaros wouldn't be good for my back and neck. I need seats with a lil more comfort so I'll stick with the factory seats. As far as the stereo goes, I guess I could always just bring it back and have that upgraded. I have to have something good for Led Zeppelin. I can't disrespect them by listening to them on a junk system lol. A factory warranty is really all I'm after. Extra bells and whistles just mean more problems down the road in my opinion
Have you actually sat in the recaros? They are more comfortable and offer more support than any oem seat I've ever seen.

And the stereo is not easily upgraded to the shaker down the road. It's kinda a now or never decision.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:02 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

Have you actually sat in the recaros? They are more comfortable and offer more support than any oem seat I've ever seen.

And the stereo is not easily upgraded to the shaker down the road. It's kinda a now or never decision.
It's very true!
Charged13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:10 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

recaros are awesome, comfort is king
Old 09-21-2012, 11:51 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

no i havent. they look pretty restrictive as far as mobility, which im sure thats what they are supposed to do. i found a damn good deal in tx on a base model. it already has a few of the exterior upgrades i was looking at adding(wheels, front lip spoiler, tint) and its only 26k. so i think id be able to spare a few bucks and add the recaros if they fit my needs since ill be saving a few with those upgrades already installed
Old 09-21-2012, 11:55 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13gtDarkKnight View Post
no i havent. they look pretty restrictive as far as mobility, which im sure thats what they are supposed to do. i found a damn good deal in tx on a base model. it already has a few of the exterior upgrades i was looking at adding(wheels, front lip spoiler, tint) and its only 26k. so i think id be able to spare a few bucks and add the recaros if they fit my needs since ill be saving a few with those upgrades already installed
Recaros are $3000 for the parts only after sale, and not the same ones that come in the car. It's another "now or never" choice.

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

Here's a "good deal" on them at AM. You would have to install them yourself or pay a dealership to do it.

Ford Racing Recaro Mustang Race Seats - Set of 2 (11-13) M-63660005-MB - Free Shipping!
Old 09-21-2012, 12:09 PM   #17

Region: Pennsylvania

^Exactly. Plus, if you want leather, getting them factory is pretty much the only way.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:17 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

ouch, well i guess if all goes correctly, ill just keep the leather seats that are in it.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:23 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

I had a '11 base and got so wrapped up in the price I got it for didn't think twice about it. But I now have a '13 GT/CS cause i kept wishing I had gotten the premium. The interior finishes definately are worth it in my opinion. I spend almost two hours in the car every day going to and from work, so it is worth it for my situation. There are some extra standards now that I didn't have in my '11 like HIDs, "premium" steering wheel, etc.
Redrader26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:31 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrader26
I had a '11 base and got so wrapped up in the price I got it for didn't think twice about it. But I now have a '13 GT/CS cause i kept wishing I had gotten the premium. The interior finishes definately are worth it in my opinion. I spend almost two hours in the car every day going to and from work, so it is worth it for my situation. There are some extra standards now that I didn't have in my '11 like HIDs, "premium" steering wheel, etc.
I completely disagree. I think the interior upgrades are way too blingy, but are just cheap coatings. The leather also sucks big time.. It's mostly personal preference thougj
Old 09-21-2012, 12:48 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

i think ill just stick with the base model options. yes i can afford the premium, hell i can afford the gt500, but not looking for all that. id rather save money on all the flash and put it into dash.
how is the stock suspension? recommend an upgrade? i dont want as much body roll as ive seen in reviews.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:50 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
I completely disagree. I think the interior upgrades are way too blingy, but are just cheap coatings. The leather also sucks big time.. It's mostly personal preference thougj
That is why they sale both models The seats are pretty nice in the CS models...atleast I think so.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:13 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrader26

That is why they sale both models The seats are pretty nice in the CS models...atleast I think so.
They are just the 401a seats right?
Old 09-21-2012, 01:41 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

not sure which package they are. they are leather tho, manual seats. the car pictured is the one for sale too. its at bankston ford of arlington. arlington, tx. waiting for the lady to call me back with all the particulars on it.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:38 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
They are just the 401a seats right?
I'm not real familiar with all the options and what you get, but they are these:

Old 09-21-2012, 03:41 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3713365990.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	69489

These are the seats from the 13gt I'm looking at
Old 09-21-2012, 08:37 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
i think ill just stick with the base model options. yes i can afford the premium, hell i can afford the gt500, but not looking for all that. id rather save money on all the flash and put it into dash.
how is the stock suspension? recommend an upgrade? i dont want as much body roll as ive seen in reviews.
If I could go back, I'd do base with track pack an recaros. I like the bling, but it took less than a month for me to end up buyin a second DD and dedicate extra cash to making this thing a beast on the track.

As for the body roll, despite the fact that it does indeed roll, an pitch (stand on the brakes an watch this thing lurch forward), it still outperforms the competition, and even those that aren't technically the same class. And that is stock!

From what I've seen, it will cost about $3k to make it sit solid all around. A lot of guys on here know suspensions well though, tere are some great threads
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:40 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

awesome ill have to check them out. this is only my 2 day on ME. still trying to navigate my way around and find some answers to my questions rather than repost the same thread
Old 09-21-2012, 09:44 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I got all the bells and whistles. The my color is cool, it impresses my kids and wife, that's about it. I've changed it a few times "red" for race and "blue" for chill mode. Once again cool but not really worth it. You seem to be very practical so I'd stick with the base stuff if you have a mod plan already. It gets expensive though if you don't get things up front. Good luck.
3dStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:47 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

ill just be glad to have a/c. and wow! this cat just farted and it stinkssss!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion