First Ticket - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-25-2012, 12:25 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake

Well i respect that job very much. My grandpa and dad were both cops at one point in their lives and i know i would hate to have to walk up on a car at 2 in the morning not knowing if they have a gun waiting on you to come up to the window. Scary stuff with all the crazy *** people now a days. I do a dangerous job also but i respect your profession man. I never give cops crap.
+1
taylor98gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2012, 01:40 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post

Well i respect that job very much. My grandpa and dad were both cops at one point in their lives and i know i would hate to have to walk up on a car at 2 in the morning not knowing if they have a gun waiting on you to come up to the window. Scary stuff with all the crazy *** people now a days. I do a dangerous job also but i respect your profession man. I never give cops crap.
+11 same my grandpa was a sherif i dont why people would do anything to cops. They are there to protect you
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:49 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by travisb.young66 View Post

+11 same my grandpa was a sherif i dont why people would do anything to cops. They are there to protect you
It's the ones who abuse their power that tend to make them all look bad. Im all about respect, don't talk down to me and I won't talk down to you. Gotten out of many tickets that way, even with ones that started off in a bad mood.

93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2012, 01:59 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to SoCalKev
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post

What if the judge is a guy
Make with the cuteness.!
SoCalKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:31 PM   #75
Road Trip!

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93slowstang

It's the ones who abuse their power that tend to make them all look bad. Im all about respect, don't talk down to me and I won't talk down to you. Gotten out of many tickets that way, even with ones that started off in a bad mood.
+1. Every time i get pulled over i keep my hands up on the steering wheel where the officer can see them as he/she is walking up and talk to them just as i would anyone else. Even one unfortunate time back in highschool i got caught driving under suspension and in possession of marijuana, i was honest and cooperative with the officer and even tho he had to take me to the station i was never put in handcuffs and we even talked about family guy on the ride there lol. He stood up for me in court too and i hardly got anything other than fines
keaton5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:52 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by keaton5.0 View Post

+1. Every time i get pulled over i keep my hands up on the steering wheel where the officer can see them as he/she is walking up and talk to them just as i would anyone else. Even one unfortunate time back in highschool i got caught driving under suspension and in possession of marijuana, i was honest and cooperative with the officer and even tho he had to take me to the station i was never put in handcuffs and we even talked about family guy on the ride there lol. He stood up for me in court too and i hardly got anything other than fines
last time I checked, most people drive nice and slow when there baked lol
emery2483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:53 PM   #77
Road Trip!

Well it was a tail light out that got me lol. Was a 91 chevy lumina. Been a ford guy ever since!
keaton5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:19 AM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrabz

Lol, we have a mole!!! Lol I kidd, I Kidd. I did have a question for you tho. What bands of radar are still in use? Is X-Band still used at all?
Everywhere is different. Most places with more money well invest in better equipment, while out in the middle of no where you will see more x bands. I am not going to go into much more detail than that lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93slowstang

Unfortunately it happens too often. Not too far away from me an officer was caught at a strip club with a 17 year old girl doing coke. Are you kidding me? Its asinine. I fail to understand how people are can enforce laws, yet disobey so many. OSP out here usually doesn't care if you are law enforcement or not. Regardless, I can't get points, so I don't speed fast enough to get em.

True story. If people are nice and respectful than we are usually back. I know some guys who really do not care, but then they just complain that people are too nice or trying to suck up, and theynare still nice to them, so regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keaton5.0

Everybody makes mistakes. Own up and be respectful, and you will be treated that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keaton5.0
Well it was a tail light out that got me lol. Was a 91 chevy lumina. Been a ford guy ever since!
usually serious criminals will follow the speed limit, and something as small as a taillight, or license tag light, can lead to big fish. That tail light got him quite a bit lol

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:16 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Just got my first ticket in this mustang. I didn't stop at the stop sign. Does anyone know how much am I going to pay for this ?
Tha twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:33 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

I got my 1st ticket the day after I bought my 1st mustang!! Be careful cops go after mustangs!!
Old 01-15-2013, 02:01 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha twin View Post
Just got my first ticket in this mustang. I didn't stop at the stop sign. Does anyone know how much am I going to pay for this ?
Look at your ticket, it should say on there.
mrkrabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:20 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

I got a "speed contest ticket" I showed up for my court date and they said it hasn't been filled its been six months an other six months and it will be thrown away. High hopes
Marc3.71994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:32 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha twin
Usually it doesn't say on the ticket, every area is different. Call the department and usually dispatch knows, butnhy might transfernyou. Know the offense/RC

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 01-15-2013, 03:41 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Ima wait a few days so it can be in the system then call them. Thanks guys!!!
Old 01-15-2013, 03:48 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha twin
Ima wait a few days so it can be in the system then call them. Thanks guys!!!
YOUR ticket does not need to be waited on. It is more the citation than the specific ticket.

Old 01-15-2013, 03:50 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post

YOUR ticket does not need to be waited on. It is more the citation than the specific ticket.
Ook thanks
Old 01-15-2013, 04:15 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

UltArc, I did have a police question for you. I recently got a ticket for running a red light. I plan to contest it since I believe my bumper was over the line before it turned red, but on my ticket it says "Violatoin - Ran Stop Sign" Does that mean the cop screwed up while typing it in? Or is that just what it always says?
Old 01-15-2013, 04:17 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
UltArc, I did have a police question for you. I recently got a ticket for running a red light. I plan to contest it since I believe my bumper was over the line before it turned red, but on my ticket it says "Violatoin - Ran Stop Sign" Does that mean the cop screwed up while typing it in? Or is that just what it always says?
What state? Check the revised code, and then go to court and ask what you did...he will say red light, and the location will show it was a red light...but the code is stop sign.

Old 01-15-2013, 04:20 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What state? Check the revised code, and then go to court and ask what you did...he will say red light, and the location will show it was a red light...but the code is stop sign.
It is in Texas, what is the revised code?
Old 01-15-2013, 04:54 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

It is in Texas, what is the revised code?
The actual written law.

Old 01-15-2013, 04:59 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The actual written law.
So what am I looking for on the ticket?, are they the same charges or different? I am looking for anything that can help me out in a court battle.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:32 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

So what am I looking for on the ticket?, are they the same charges or different? I am looking for anything that can help me out in a court battle.
They SHOULD have written a series of numbers that Corresponds with a law.

Old 01-15-2013, 06:53 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
They SHOULD have written a series of numbers that Corresponds with a law.
No, nothing like that, it just says ran stop sign
Old 01-17-2013, 09:25 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
i have never been pulled over
zodo27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:31 PM   #95
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:

No, nothing like that, it just says ran stop sign
It will be your word against a sworn officer of the court, you can guess the outcome. Judge will ask why you didn't come to a stop when you saw the yellow light. Best and only response should be you felt traffic conditions did not leave you with the ability for a safe stop so you proceeded with caution.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:32 PM   #96
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by zodo27 View Post
i have never been pulled over
Me neither, I thought for sure I was going to have a ticket the other day, I flew past a cop. When I looked down after braking, I was doing 18 over.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:10 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
It will be your word against a sworn officer of the court, you can guess the outcome. Judge will ask why you didn't come to a stop when you saw the yellow light. Best and only response should be you felt traffic conditions did not leave you with the ability for a safe stop so you proceeded with caution.
My friend was with me, and he says he'll come in as a witness. And what you said was exactly right. It was raining earlier and the road was still wet, so I honestly felt that accelerating through the light was a safer move then attempting to stop before it. I don't think I ran it, it was close, but I think I made it over the line. If the cop shows up, me and my friend will both be against the officer, and if the judge is truly un-bias (which she should be) then I should win the case
Old 01-17-2013, 10:45 PM   #98
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
Me neither, I thought for sure I was going to have a ticket the other day, I flew past a cop. When I looked down after braking, I was doing 18 over.
Nice thing about my area is that they don't cite people for speeding much, unless you are going crazy fast. I drive home every day going 45-50 in a 35, and usually 55 in a 40... Never had a single problem. But i do take it a little easy when i'm around cops.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:29 PM   #99
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Nice thing about my area is that they don't cite people for speeding much, unless you are going crazy fast. I drive home every day going 45-50 in a 35, and usually 55 in a 40... Never had a single problem. But i do take it a little easy when i'm around cops.
Same here 15 and over is usually where they start. A friend of mine got a ticket for 18 over but in a different area. He's got a GB, and I think the cops like GB more than Red. Now I say that and watch..
Old 01-18-2013, 10:43 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
I try to be super careful in my Mustang. GHIG has "look at me" plastered all over it.

However, I've been through more road blocks with my Mustang in the past half year than any other car I've owned. Every cop I've seen has made comments and compliments on it. lol

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:37 PM   #101
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
I try to be super careful in my Mustang. GHIG has "look at me" plastered all over it.

However, I've been through more road blocks with my Mustang in the past half year than any other car I've owned. Every cop I've seen has made comments and compliments on it. lol
Haha yeah it does but I love that color!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion