First Ticket - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-21-2012, 11:15 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
First Ticket

So I have had my new Mustang for about 3 months, and I got my first ticket....I have been driving for 6 years, and have never gotten a ticket, until I got a Mustang.....

The cop got me for going 82 in a 70. I thought it was a 75, but the cop still wrote me up.
I want to appeal it since I have heard that the cop won't show up most of the time and the ticket gets dismissed, but if the cop does show up, where does it go from there? Like I said this is my first ticket so I don't know what to do.

Any help or advice will be great! (I live in Texas)
mrkrabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2012, 11:44 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via Yahoo to Brad.krieg Send a message via Skype™ to Brad.krieg
I'm with you, just got pulled over for the first time ever in my cobra. Same as you, 82 in a 65. Pissed me off. I wouldn't even try and fight it man, You're chances of winning are very low. Guess there is nothing to do except pay the ticket and take traffic school... I haul a$$ everywhere anyway, guess it was only a matter of time before i got one.
Brad.krieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:14 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Re: First Ticket

just go in...if they aren't there yay...if they are just claim you though you were cruising at 75 and ask for school since it's a first offense...honestly i hope i don't join you guys lol. i've been driving for 8 years with no tickets. i'd like to keep it that way

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2012, 03:44 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Ask for their radar calibration they can be off sometimes
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:27 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
In ny state u can go to court plea not guilty and they will set u up on a pretrial meeting with the DA and tell them ur what happen and they will knock ur ticket down to something different it happen to me in july
Stangv8ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:43 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I used to live in Texas(Harris county). Stick to your plan. It also helps to reset your court date a few times which increases the chance of a no show. If all else fails and he shows up as for deferred adjudication (basically its like parole for 90 days were you can't get "convicted" of another crime and charges get dropped. Or just lawyer up and they will take care of you.
3dStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:19 AM   #7
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Here you can talk with the solicitor and usually they'll give you a break since it is your 1st ticket
Old 09-22-2012, 01:31 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Ok, thanks for all the input guys! I will try to appeal it and hopefully the cop wont show up, or I will turn on the cuteness for the judge and maybe she will lower the charges
Old 09-22-2012, 01:34 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrabz
Ok, thanks for all the input guys! I will try to appeal it and hopefully the cop wont show up, or I will turn on the cuteness for the judge and maybe she will lower the charges
What if the judge is a guy
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:46 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

It's not. When I was pulled over, the cop gave me a particular judge to see, unless its a guy with a girl name..
Old 09-22-2012, 05:01 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada

I get speeding tickets all the time here in Las Vegas. I bring the ticket to my lawyer and pay him $50.00

He goes to court for me. I do not have traffic school, no points, the fine gets reduced and it does not go to my insurance company.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:54 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by maldog View Post
I get speeding tickets all the time here in Las Vegas. I bring the ticket to my lawyer and pay him $50.00

He goes to court for me. I do not have traffic school, no points, the fine gets reduced and it does not go to my insurance company.
How do you do that? How would I contact a lawyer to do that for me, that sounds great!
Old 09-22-2012, 08:19 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Also you have to realize if you plead not guilty and loose in court you will NOT be eligible for traffic school and will get the point(s)... And the fine...
Old 09-22-2012, 08:21 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrabz View Post
How do you do that? How would I contact a lawyer to do that for me, that sounds great!
Hey mrkrabz , I'm not sure where you live or if you have traffic ticket lawyers around your area.

This lawyer in Las Vegas I've been going to for six years his name is Craig P. Kenny. He use to do traffic tickets for free the first two years I was going to him. You would have to wait in line to get in, but now they charge $50.00

Any how, here's a link you can check it out.

Traffic Ticket Representation, Las Vegas Traffic Ticket Defense, North Las Vegas DUI Defense - Craig P. Kenny & Associates
Old 09-22-2012, 08:26 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I've only got one speeding ticket and it was a month after I got my 5.0. He got me at 85 in a 65.
3.55 Gears
Borla "s" type catback exhaust
20% tint alll around.
bluemonster13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:28 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemonster13 View Post
I've only got one speeding ticket and it was a month after I got my 5.0. He got me at 85 in a 65.
Heck....that's not bad at all

My last ticket about a year ago was 78 in a 35 needless to say the motor bike cop was pissed
Old 09-22-2012, 10:53 PM   #17
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by maldog

My last ticket about a year ago was 78 in a 35 needless to say the motor bike cop was pissed
How did not know you were going that fast? Haha

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford

How did not know you were going that fast? Haha
Damn that made me laugh that's a good ticket!

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

Haha but if your gonna get one that's way to do it!
Old 09-22-2012, 11:17 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by maldog

Wow! Thanks for making me feel better. Lol... Yea I can see why he was pissed. Lol
3.55 Gears
Borla "s" type catback exhaust
20% tint alll around.
bluemonster13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:15 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Ok, so I found a ticket lawyer in my area, I will be calling him tomorrow or on Monday, he doesn't say on the website how much he charges, but I am assuming its less then the ticket or he would be out of business lol.

Thanks for all the feedback!
Old 09-23-2012, 12:46 AM   #20
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Ok, so I found a ticket lawyer in my area, I will be calling him tomorrow or on Monday, he doesn't say on the website how much he charges, but I am assuming its less then the ticket or he would be out of business lol.

Thanks for all the feedback!
Yeah if I ever get a ticket I'm going to call one! If you don't mind keeping us updated on how much, how smooth, etc, I'd appreciate it! Just curious. In case I run across a ticket!
Old 09-23-2012, 05:51 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol the cutness probably wont help if its a woman judge,,if it was the other way around it might work,,Its usually only men that are suckers for a pretty girl..lol..If i was a judge i would prob let all the pretty ladies go..lol..jk
Old 09-23-2012, 09:32 AM   #22
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymustang

Lol the cutness probably wont help if its a woman judge,,if it was the other way around it might work,,Its usually only men that are suckers for a pretty girl..lol..If i was a judge i would prob let all the pretty ladies go..lol..jk
Haha!! Yeah I'd do the same, I'd be like well since this is only your 5th time running through the stop in front of the school I'll let go you with some traffic school.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:18 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymustang View Post
Well, I am a boy fyi. When I said "turn on the cuteness" I was referring to the fact that I look incredibly young for my age. I am 21, but I look like I am 14 or 15. (no joke) I have girls tell me how adorable I am all the time. So that's what I meant by turning on the cuteness for the women judge. The cop who pulled me over even made a comment on how young I look.

Well, I will be calling my (a) lawyer tomorrow, and I will definitely keep you guys updated!

btw, I always record long trips with my HD Hero 2, (in case I get in an accident and need evidence) so I got the whole thing on video, I watched it and its a bit self incriminating, (its pretty obvious I was speeding) So I'm not sure weather to bring that up or let it "disappear"
Old 09-23-2012, 04:32 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
Haha!! Yeah I'd do the same, I'd be like well since this is only your 5th time running through the stop in front of the school I'll let go you with some traffic school.
lol

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

Quote:
Well, I am a boy fyi. When I said "turn on the cuteness" I was referring to the fact that I look incredibly young for my age. I am 21, but I look like I am 14 or 15. (no joke) I have girls tell me how adorable I am all the time. So that's what I meant by turning on the cuteness for the women judge. The cop who pulled me over even made a comment on how young I look.

Well, I will be calling my (a) lawyer tomorrow, and I will definitely keep you guys updated!

btw, I always record long trips with my HD Hero 2, (in case I get in an accident and need evidence) so I got the whole thing on video, I watched it and its a bit self incriminating, (its pretty obvious I was speeding) So I'm not sure weather to bring that up or let it "disappear"
I dont know ,,with the cost of a lawyer and everything,,might b best to bite the bullet and pay it..I know its hard to keep it slow exspecially when theres camaros around everywhere..lol
Old 09-23-2012, 05:33 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymustang View Post
lol

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

I dont know ,,with the cost of a lawyer and everything,,might b best to bite the bullet and pay it..I know its hard to keep it slow exspecially when theres camaros around everywhere..lol
Well, the lawyer would get the ticket dismissed. So I would only have to pay the lawyer, not the ticket, and the lawyer typically cost less then the ticket. As discussed in the previous posts.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:41 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
If you appear, you have a better chance of it not showing up on your driving record.
I got pulled over last November for going on the shoulder to get to the exit(was only 100 yards way). Traffic was stopped cause of an accident. Cop gave me a ticket for 'improper lane use'. I just called in and paid $175. Then my insurance was jacked up $36 a month cause of that bogus ticket.
I was later told that Had I gone to court, I woulda just had to pay court cost and it wouldn't have affected my insurance premium
08SteedaQ350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:05 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13gtDarkKnight View Post
If you appear, you have a better chance of it not showing up on your driving record.
I got pulled over last November for going on the shoulder to get to the exit(was only 100 yards way). Traffic was stopped cause of an accident. Cop gave me a ticket for 'improper lane use'. I just called in and paid $175. Then my insurance was jacked up $36 a month cause of that bogus ticket.
I was later told that Had I gone to court, I woulda just had to pay court cost and it wouldn't have affected my insurance premium
That's what I am trying to do. If I pay lawyer, the lawyer will get the ticket dismissed, or get me some kind of deal where it won't go on my insurance or record.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:31 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Not sure that you would need to pay a lawyer. Maybe get some advice from one.
08SteedaQ350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:43 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

So I found a lawyer that will do it for $100. I contacted two, and the first one said he would do it for $155, I thought hell no that is the same price as my ticket, so it would be pointless. It's not the $50 you get in Vegas, but its cheaper then the ticket. I sent him all my info and he said he would take care of it. So lets see where it goes from here.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:41 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

You're going to prison...
Old 09-25-2012, 10:40 PM   #31
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad.krieg
Hahaha over Speeding that would suck but would be kinda funny.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:09 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I got a ticket years ago in my first stang doing 91 in a 35 on a deserted road at 2am. So happen that the only other car on that road was a state trooper lol. I got 4 points on my license and $275 ticket.
Ucfknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:16 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad.krieg View Post
Lol, not over a speeding ticket
Old 09-26-2012, 06:59 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
So I found a lawyer that will do it for $100. I contacted two, and the first one said he would do it for $155, I thought hell no that is the same price as my ticket, so it would be pointless. It's not the $50 you get in Vegas, but its cheaper then the ticket. I sent him all my info and he said he would take care of it. So lets see where it goes from here.
Well played. Lawyers exist for a reason especially if you start racking up tickets because you are targeted owning a muscle car.
3dStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:10 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ucfknight
I got a ticket years ago in my first stang doing 91 in a 35 on a deserted road at 2am. So happen that the only other car on that road was a state trooper lol. I got 4 points on my license and $275 ticket.
$275?!?!?!?!?!?! There's no way 56 over and only $275??????!!!!!!!!!!!!
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion