Annoying neighbors - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-03-2012, 01:29 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Annoying neighbors

So this guy who lives a block away came to my door just now and said if I don't take me exhaust of my car so it's quiet he's calling the cops lol. I have pypes o/r xpipe. With slp loudmouth cat back. The noise ordinance is between 10pm and 8am here so during the day I'm fine. Just pisses me off :ranting:
Slp_loudmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2012, 01:33 PM   #2
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slp_loudmouth
So this guy who lives a block away came to my door just now and said if I don't take me exhaust of my car so it's quiet he's calling the cops lol. I have pypes o/r xpipe. With slp loudmouth cat back. The noise ordinance is between 10pm and 8am here so during the day I'm fine. Just pisses me off :ranting:
Haha I hear ya!
Old 10-03-2012, 01:51 PM   #3
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
I would purposely rev it up hight just to piss him off.
Ryan7racin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2012, 02:10 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Lets just say there are two dark black lines about tire width apart if front of his house
Old 10-03-2012, 02:12 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
while its legal for you to leave it.... you know it opens the door for things to happen to your car etc. Consider cameras watching your car if its outside etc to catch them in the act.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:15 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Lets just say there are two dark black lines about tire width apart if front of his house
Like a boss

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
while its legal for you to leave it.... you know it opens the door for things to happen to your car etc. Consider cameras watching your car if its outside etc to catch them in the act.
Good thinking. Unless he has a garage.

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

Quote:
Is he old? Or what!
Mustangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:19 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Can't park in my driveway where the car is lowered but the guy is around his 50s with a 01 v6 which is in good condition but he said its v8 drivers like me that give mustangs a bad name saying that modding the car is pointless
Old 10-03-2012, 02:34 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Can't park in my driveway where the car is lowered but the guy is around his 50s with a 01 v6 which is in good condition but he said its v8 drivers like me that give mustangs a bad name saying that modding the car is pointless
That's pretty annoying. Do u think he will really call the cops? Cuz you ain't gonna change anything right?
Mustangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:35 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
He'll get over it... Or do like me and get even. Have some high school kids with ridiculously loud trucks that like to come by my house around 2am. 2step in the cobra at 4 am in their driveway seems to have gotten the point across.

Now if you're one of those annoying ppl who purposefully be loud you deserve it
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:36 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
He'll get over it... Or do like me and get even. Have some high school kids with ridiculously loud trucks that like to come by my house around 2am. 2step in the cobra at 4 am in their driveway seems to have gotten the point across.

Now if you're one of those annoying ppl who purposefully be loud you deserve it
No car is just loud in general lol
Old 10-03-2012, 03:08 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
That guys a dick
Old 10-03-2012, 03:21 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Put a no trespassing private property sign at your driveway.... -uck him!
Old 10-03-2012, 03:25 PM   #13
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
Well don't do that man. That's like an invitation for him to mess with your car. Plus, if your neighbor does call the cops and shows him the skid marks, he could very well say he saw you do it. The cop would take his word for it. You definitely don't need that kind of attention.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:06 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Best bet is to just try and keep your car as tame as possible around your block. My car is pretty loud (Not as loud as yours I'm sure) but I always just creep around my block as to not be loud. It's just common courtesy.
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:30 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37
Best bet is to just try and keep your car as tame as possible around your block. My car is pretty loud (Not as loud as yours I'm sure) but I always just creep around my block as to not be loud. It's just common courtesy.
Ditto (the old version of ^^^THIS!!!!) lol
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:51 PM   #16
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
^^ +100
SCCofSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:06 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I had my neighbor come over and tell me my car sounded bad *** and he loved hearing it in the morning lol. We leave for the same time for work so I don't wake him up at least lol

2015 Mustang GT Premium. No mods yet.
Jgill1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:21 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgill1992
I had my neighbor come over and tell me my car sounded bad *** and he loved hearing it in the morning lol. We leave for the same time for work so I don't wake him up at least lol
I wished I had a cop stop me just to say my car sounded nice as hell and that it looked great
Old 10-03-2012, 09:27 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I wished I had a cop stop me just to say my car sounded nice as hell and that it looked great
My town has a LOT of car guys. You will NEVER get crap around here for having a loud car unless you are being an *******. And ricers get no love in this town lol.

Old 10-03-2012, 10:25 PM   #20
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Ha! My neighbors would know they'd have a lot of nerve talking to me about it, when their dog Barks for 15minutes non stop
Old 10-03-2012, 10:59 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

I am looking forward to gettin my flowmaster 40s so I can tick off my neighbors lol. Most have already complimented me on it since I got my 'stang, but I'd like to be a thorn in some jerks side
Ryanjcain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:14 PM   #22
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Respect thy neighbor. I always feather my car when leaving or coming home. That's just me though. On the other hand if he knocked on my door and told me he was gonna call the cops I would have told him to get the **** off my lawn or he would get the same. If you think about it the cops can't do squat because they will never be around to hear it. That's just pure stupidity on his part thinking that the police will solve that issue.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:06 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
Respect thy neighbor. I always feather my car when leaving or coming home. That's just me though. On the other hand if he knocked on my door and told me he was gonna call the cops I would have told him to get the **** off my lawn or he would get the same. If you think about it the cops can't do squat because they will never be around to hear it. That's just pure stupidity on his part thinking that the police will solve that issue.
Yeah and I usually try and feather it I can usually throw it in neutral and coast to the spot I front of my house
Old 10-04-2012, 08:41 AM   #24
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
Yep my neighbors used to have band practice in the basement, and the people next door would call the cops 9/10 times.

The cops would just come over and roll their eyes. And say well your fine till 9:30 M-Friday and 10pm Saturday.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:05 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

So is it ironic that when I leave my house today he's out side and I saw 3 cops within less the. Two blocks
Old 10-04-2012, 09:08 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
So is it ironic that when I leave my house today he's out side and I saw 3 cops within less the. Two blocks
Someone must have started their lawnmower. These are the people that will die first when the zombies come.
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:38 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman
Someone must have started their lawnmower. These are the people that will die first when the zombies come.
I hope a zombie apocalypse happens. There're so many motherf@$kers that I wanna shoot in the face
Old 10-04-2012, 10:44 AM   #28
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
when i leave for a show early my car is loud on initial crank but i go very easy on it leaving the area so i dont wake people up, its not that hard to not rev it up hard core.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:06 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
when i leave for a show early my car is loud on initial crank but i go very easy on it leaving the area so i dont wake people up, its not that hard to not rev it up hard core.
Same here. I take it as easy as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgill1992 View Post
Just had a couple of neighbors chat with me while I was waxing the car last weekend with similar opinions. Yep, I am the neighborhood alarm clock, but they love the sound. I'm sure that me obviously taking it real easy leaving helps--that and the fact that one of them has a full drag Falcon. There are several loud vehicles on the street (I love my older HOA-free neighborhood).
claudermilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:26 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Mine normally ask me who won Sunday morning at church...
Redlineroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:01 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

My town has a LOT of car guys. You will NEVER get crap around here for having a loud car unless you are being an *******. And ricers get no love in this town lol.
+1 me too, we have cops here with mustang and everything. And there are a bunch of ricers, but they don't really day anything to the people with mustangs haha
taylor98gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:11 PM   #32
Road Trip!

Park it in your garage and rev the crap outta it so he can say it was you
Hahahaha
Oh man I'm bad lol jk
Mustang_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:37 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

I had a ricer guy try and race me on the interstate. Blue and red (body panels replaced lol) dodge neon with a HUGE *** wing and dragon flame stickers lol.

I just kind of nodded and tried not to laugh too hard lol

Old 10-07-2012, 08:13 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I had a ricer guy try and race me on the interstate. Blue and red (body panels replaced lol) dodge neon with a HUGE *** wing and dragon flame stickers lol.

I just kind of nodded and tried not to laugh too hard lol
I woulda let him know how big of an *** he is
Old 10-08-2012, 10:29 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

My car is very loud when I start it.in the garage. I usually like to warm it up before I head out but it makes my squirrels crazy. Yep I said squirrels. I rehab baby animals and I have 3 in the house . They freak when I crank her up. Neighbors? Na I live in the country and don't have that prob. I did have one guy at work tell me it was a little loud so leaving one afternoon I caught him in the lot and backed up to him and let him have it
Virgo062 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion