Winter storage? (kinda..) - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-11-2012, 03:36 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Winter storage? (kinda..)

Was looking for tips for the winter. But, I plan on driving it occasionally if it's a nice sunny day with no snow, ice or sand all over the roads. I don't have a garage btw, but there's an over hang over the driveway where I put the car. The nose still sticks out though.. Any tips?
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2012, 03:49 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Fuel stabilizer, battery tender unless you drive at least every two weeks for half hour at highway speed. Could use jack stands to keep from flat spot on tires, but this is a pain and unnecessary if you drive more often, over inflate tires by five psi to keep shape if not jack stanned. Fresh oil change. Proper coolant mixture ratio 50/50 water/anti-freeze. Undiluted washer fluid. Check belts/hoses.

That's all I would do... GL!
Pony_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:52 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks, I would like to drive it every chance I get. I'm in NY, and last year we didn't really get any snow. The year before that we got a lot. So it's hard to tell but I'm hoping for a snow-free winter!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2012, 03:58 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

And battery tenders need to be plugged into a wall outlet?
Old 10-11-2012, 04:00 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I love driving my stang too, but I hope for a snowy winter for my board! Just hope that there aren't manny big storms, getting called in to put the Power back in at two in the morning sucks! NY is a sweet state! You in the city or upstate?
Old 10-11-2012, 04:52 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony_Boy
I love driving my stang too, but I hope for a snowy winter for my board! Just hope that there aren't manny big storms, getting called in to put the Power back in at two in the morning sucks! NY is a sweet state! You in the city or upstate?
Queens, see your down in Jersey. I've actually been thinking of moving down there. The city is soooo expensive and just sux lol. But I do love it at the same time. It's like a complicated relationship lol. How's Jersey and where about are you?
Old 10-11-2012, 05:49 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37

Queens, see your down in Jersey. I've actually been thinking of moving down there. The city is soooo expensive and just sux lol. But I do love it at the same time. It's like a complicated relationship lol. How's Jersey and where about are you?
Jersey is OK, I work next to AC so it can get interesting. I personally think NJ is still too expensive. I'm saving to build a house just west of Philly. Can't wait to move back and have a garage again! The city sounds fun! I haven't been there since high school though.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:12 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I have to drive my baby all winter in Cleveland. Any tire suggestions over blizaks?

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:36 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Doesn't snow where I am at but I lived in South Dakota and if I was still there I would def put mi car up for the winter .... Car is low and salt on the roads would cause serious rusting

"After the third flip, I lost control"

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death"
Pony up is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion