Fallacy of VOIDED warranty with Cat Back! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-12-2012, 11:50 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Fallacy of VOIDED warranty with Cat Back!

So i always here that Cat Back exhausts will VOID factory warranty well its BS

Frequently Asked Questions - BORLA® - The World's Most Winning Exhaust

Clearly states in the bottom of the page with magnoson act that this is against the LAW!
AndreaCristiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2012, 08:04 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I never heard of cat back voiding warranty
Villero1834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:16 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Me either until I started on these forums and a few others
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2012, 08:38 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
...the law can be interpreted several different ways. Bottom line, it is up to Ford Corporate whether your vehicle will be covered under warranty. No dealership connection or promise will do you any good.

If you want to press the issue I'm sure you could spend a few grand and file suit against Ford...let me know how that goes.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:48 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
...the law can be interpreted several different ways. Bottom line, it is up to Ford Corporate whether your vehicle will be covered under warranty. No dealership connection or promise will do you any good.

If you want to press the issue I'm sure you could spend a few grand and file suit against Ford...let me know how that goes.
For one that isn't actually how the law reads and two once again a lawyer doesn't take pay until the trial is over so when you win I'm are you'll be fine
Old 10-22-2012, 09:55 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano

For one that isn't actually how the law reads and two once again a lawyer doesn't take pay until the trial is over so when you win I'm are you'll be fine
1. I don't care how the law reads, i'm telling you how it is.
2. You sure know some generous lawyers.
Our's:
Old 10-22-2012, 10:11 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

I'm pretty sure they won't say anything if you come in for a loose seat belt and have axle back exhaust. I'm also pretty sure if you bring your car in with a blown engine and axle back you'll be without a car for a few months. Ford corporate will either send someone to tear it down piece by piece or ship the car there to do it.

I've been through a warranty dispute with ford. Dealership said it was covered and went ahead with the repairs. Corporate decided it wasn't covered and we ended up settling at 50% coverage. Same part failed again 11 months later and the 12/12 warranty was deemed void by ford corporate. This was on a 100% bone stock vehicle btw.

Had 3 different lawyers work on the case and none of them would touch it after receiving letters from ford cotporate.

I'm just trying to be the realist here, i've been through this.

Also don't forget not only can they tell if the vehicle ecu has ever been tampered with they can also pull up exactly what the driver was doing when the failure occurred.
Our's:
Old 10-22-2012, 01:39 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
I'm pretty sure they won't say anything if you come in for a loose seat belt and have axle back exhaust. I'm also pretty sure if you bring your car in with a blown engine and axle back you'll be without a car for a few months. Ford corporate will either send someone to tear it down piece by piece or ship the car there to do it.

I've been through a warranty dispute with ford. Dealership said it was covered and went ahead with the repairs. Corporate decided it wasn't covered and we ended up settling at 50% coverage. Same part failed again 11 months later and the 12/12 warranty was deemed void by ford corporate. This was on a 100% bone stock vehicle btw.

Had 3 different lawyers work on the case and none of them would touch it after receiving letters from ford cotporate.

I'm just trying to be the realist here, i've been through this.

Also don't forget not only can they tell if the vehicle ecu has ever been tampered with they can also pull up exactly what the driver was doing when the failure occurred.
Your situation sucks and you got screwed no two ways about it. There is no way a stock car should have had a voided warranty. So I'm sorry your story isn't the average situation you got nailed and unfairly

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion