5.0 versus 07-09 gt500 - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-16-2012, 07:31 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
13BlkSunshine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 135
Me too!!!
__________________
2013 Mustang GT/CS: Black On Black/6 Speed MT/BAMA 91R Tune/Glass Roof/Electronics Pkg/Comfort Pkg/3.73s/Roush Axle-Backs/C&L CAI/JLT Oil Separator/Tint 30/5

Gripping the wheel, his knuckles went white with desire! The wheels of his Mustang exploding on the highway like a slug from a .45. True death: 400 horsepower of maximum performance piercing the night...This is Black Sunshine-White Zombie
13BlkSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-16-2012, 09:42 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
godsdisciple85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 594
Well I have understanding from both sides as I owned a 2011 5.0 and I now own a 2007 gt500... The only...I repeat the only thing I miss from the 5.0 is the sync and really that's not that big of a deal because I bought a Bluetooth adapter that plugs into the aux port and I have an iPhone with Siri...the gt500 handles better, is way more powerful...spins the tires through third vs just in first on the exact same tires...the sound of a sc is soooooooo exhilarating, the interiors are really not that different, IMHO both of the cars are equally sexy, my gt500 had 3700 miles on it and was owned by the owner of the dealership and had the tsb for the clutch and flywheel, in the end the gt500 is worth more in the long run that just a gt even though it is 6 years younger, I think the win goes to the gt500 by a landslide...just look for a gt500 that has low miles and has documented service records...I will say this I loved my 5.0 but I always wished it was a gt500... The gt500 is a different class even if they may be close on the drag strip...by the way the only reason they are close is that the stock tires suck put drag radials on both and the same driver and the times will be lower on the gt500 I can guarantee it
godsdisciple85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:55 PM   #38
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by godsdisciple85
Well I have understanding from both sides as I owned a 2011 5.0 and I now own a 2007 gt500... The only...I repeat the only thing I miss from the 5.0 is the sync and really that's not that big of a deal because I bought a Bluetooth adapter that plugs into the aux port and I have an iPhone with Siri...the gt500 handles better, is way more powerful...spins the tires through third vs just in first on the exact same tires...the sound of a sc is soooooooo exhilarating, the interiors are really not that different, IMHO both of the cars are equally sexy, my gt500 had 3700 miles on it and was owned by the owner of the dealership and had the tsb for the clutch and flywheel, in the end the gt500 is worth more in the long run that just a gt even though it is 6 years younger, I think the win goes to the gt500 by a landslide...just look for a gt500 that has low miles and has documented service records...I will say this I loved my 5.0 but I always wished it was a gt500... The gt500 is a different class even if they may be close on the drag strip...by the way the only reason they are close is that the stock tires suck put drag radials on both and the same driver and the times will be lower on the gt500 I can guarantee it
The 07 GT500 handles better than the coyote 5.0?!?!? That's very surprising to hear. Never driven a GT500 but I've heard that thing is a tank and that it plows... Don't get me wrong, not saying you're wrong but that's just big news to me
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-16-2012, 10:11 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
godsdisciple85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 594
my opinion but I have driven both extensively and it is what it is....I wouldn't say that it's is way better but better...I have an off ramp bye that curves pretty hard in my 5.0 when I would take it at 50+ it was kind of scary in the gt500 I have taken it at 65 and it was smooth...the only change to the gt500 is sway bars maybe that's the reason?????

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

Also most people that say that own 5.0s have driven the gt500 all of 5 minutes
godsdisciple85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:50 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
bradtaylornator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 169
Mines a stock 2012 5.0 the other day a 2010- 2012 gt500 (not sure exact year) pulled out in front of me right before getting on the highway, so like any good hearted American would do i calmly turned the traction off and got up beside him. he got the jump from about 40mph i stayed right beside him until about 115mph and then he left me in the dust.
bradtaylornator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:22 AM   #41
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradtaylornator
Mines a stock 2012 5.0 the other day a 2010- 2012 gt500 (not sure exact year) pulled out in front of me right before getting on the highway, so like any good hearted American would do i calmly turned the traction off and got up beside him. he got the jump from about 40mph i stayed right beside him until about 115mph and then he left me in the dust.
First off, there's no way unless he's the worst driver in the world or your car is not stock that you kept up with one of those GT500's from a roll, secondly (and more importantly) street racing is not condoned here
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:35 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
bradtaylornator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0

First off, there's no way unless he's the worst driver in the world or your car is not stock that you kept up with one of those GT500's from a roll, secondly (and more importantly) street racing is not condoned here
Just telling you what happened, and he may have been the absolute worst driver in the entire world. Im not trying to act like my car is faster, or just as fast as a gt500 i know the gt500 is alot more powerful. Sorry about the street racing input Im brand new to this site
bradtaylornator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:06 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
godsdisciple85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 594
Even if he's not the worst driver in the world he may have been in 4-5th gear when at 40 he could have been in 2nd...on races from a roll gear selection has makes a huge difference...I once raced a fully built ws6 vs my bolt on 5.0, on a "private road in Mexico" of course, 40-100 he dropped to second and I was in 4th by the time we reached 100 he had me by a few cars...then we raced again and I was in 2nd this time and we were pretty much even all the way so if that gt500 was in fourth and you were in third thats a win for him not for you if you were both in the same gear at the start I would say that he is a terrible driver
godsdisciple85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:11 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
garbill2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 914
Quote:
Originally Posted by godsdisciple85
Even if he's not the worst driver in the world he may have been in 4-5th gear when at 40 he could have been in 2nd...on races from a roll gear selection has makes a huge difference...I once raced a fully built ws6 vs my bolt on 5.0, on a "private road in Mexico" of course, 40-100 he dropped to second and I was in 4th by the time we reached 100 he had me by a few cars...then we raced again and I was in 2nd this time and we were pretty much even all the way so if that gt500 was in fourth and you were in third thats a win for him not for you if you were both in the same gear at the start I would say that he is a terrible driver
That or he didn't want to fish tail or burn his tires off lol
garbill2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:22 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
bradtaylornator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbill2003

That or he didn't want to fish tail or burn his tires off lol
Very well could have been its a younger guy that owns it by young i mean daddy bought him a brand new gt500 for high school graduation so the spoiled little rich boy Polly wasn't the best of gear selection lol... And come on sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do
bradtaylornator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:15 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
SolidRRaxle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 517
He played along... There is a 2003-ish black mustang on a forum somewhere (has a "stroker" emblem instead of GT) who is bragging the exact same story about keeping with a '13 GT last week.... I just hung along for a while till I got bored. I love my 5.0, in fact I think it's an instant classic. However, even last model gt500's will eat my lunch. I promise Ford thinks that exact scenario through...
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



06:49 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.