2013 mustang v6 coupe owners out there - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-19-2012, 08:50 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony_Boy

Sure is. Most dealers don't order them, so it's usually the enthusiasts that get them. Cool color btw! I bet the grill really pops!
Yes it looks really sweet with the grabber! I had to get mine shipped in from Boston as no dealers in jersey had the MCA!
AndreaCristiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2012, 01:12 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano

Yes it looks really sweet with the grabber! I had to get mine shipped in from Boston as no dealers in jersey had the MCA!
Wow! I ordered mine from Holman in Maple Shade NJ. Liliston had a v6 manual grabber blue MCA, but it was a 2012.
Pony_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:02 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:

Wow! I ordered mine from Holman in Maple Shade NJ. Liliston had a v6 manual grabber blue MCA, but it was a 2012.
I was gonna order but I didn't want to wait 6 weeks to get it in the late fall early winter. So I had them search it for me and the only color I liked with the MCA available was mine in Boston lol
AndreaCristiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2012, 08:18 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
what month did the 13 mustang v6 come out?
also if the dealership dont have the color or package of the mustang i want, do they have to order it? if so how much are the fees?
winkawak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:53 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Fees? For ordering? Nothing. However, dealers have to have open allocations or your order won't get processed and may be delayed for weeks. Ask about that before you start ordering, I got lucky and my dealer had allocations. It's possible they can find what you want at another dealership and have it shipped in... my dealership could do that but wanted to charge me $500 extra. I said no, ordered mine and waited a month. It arrived with 7 miles on the odo.

I've put 4500 miles on my 'Stang since I got it. Worst gas mileage I've seen is 24mpg I think. Best is somewhere around 30s. I average better gas mileage than my '10 Malibu with the 2.4 got, so mileage isn't a big concern I don't think. Just don't romp on the gas pedal all the time. I'm not an audiophile, so I won't comment on sound system. It's a radio and it plays, I'm happy. I'd rather listen to my intake and exhaust.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:45 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
Fees? For ordering? Nothing. However, dealers have to have open allocations or your order won't get processed and may be delayed for weeks. Ask about that before you start ordering, I got lucky and my dealer had allocations. It's possible they can find what you want at another dealership and have it shipped in... my dealership could do that but wanted to charge me $500 extra. I said no, ordered mine and waited a month. It arrived with 7 miles on the odo.

I've put 4500 miles on my 'Stang since I got it. Worst gas mileage I've seen is 24mpg I think. Best is somewhere around 30s. I average better gas mileage than my '10 Malibu with the 2.4 got, so mileage isn't a big concern I don't think. Just don't romp on the gas pedal all the time. I'm not an audiophile, so I won't comment on sound system. It's a radio and it plays, I'm happy. I'd rather listen to my intake and exhaust.
thanks very informative, i too would rather wait a month than paying extra 500.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:33 PM   #42
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
As a seasoned shaker 500 owner who on a few occasions likes to blast it it's okay.

Pros: Pretty clear and loud for a factory system, 2 in door subs, and 6 speakers, (4 front, 2 rear) technically Ford says 8 with counting the subs.

Cons: Low bass, a little under powered sometimes.

Over all I'd get the shaker again and take out the head unit and throw in 2 subs in the back. Oh yeah that's what I'm going to do soon.

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37
If you drive conservatively and are really easy on the gas you can see good mpg's, like high 20's maybe low 30's. But that's hard to do all the time with a Mustang. You want to punch it, you want to hear that sweet sound. When I do my 70 mile drive to work, I usually set my cruise control at around 70mph. Although most of the drive I leave it alone, I will punch it going on an on ramp, or maybe passing some traffic, or maybe there's no cars ahead of me or around me and I just want to floor it for a few secs. Low-mid 20's is what I see driving like that. When driving around the city my average doesn't really drop, according to the computer anyway. Maybe it'll go down 1mpg but the average pretty much stays the same. 75% of my driving is highway though.
+1 I was like that at first. Not too hard on the gas, easy off the line, but as time goes on, you end up driving like you stole it! Haha
Old 10-20-2012, 04:33 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

I ordered mine in march. build date was may 1, took delivery may 15 with 5 miles on it. Dealers were just starting to take delivery of 13s when I ordered, couldn't wait for a similar package to show up! Also, the dealer had all their allocations for the year just waiting to be used.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:45 PM   #44
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
I ordered mine in march. build date was may 1, took delivery may 15 with 5 miles on it. Dealers were just starting to take delivery of 13s when I ordered, couldn't wait for a similar package to show up! Also, the dealer had all their allocations for the year just waiting to be used.
That is awesome14 days is really fast!

I'm itching for a bit newer stang myself. A lot of owners start with 1 then progress to a newer one, or a GT!

I think with whatever package you choose you will be happy! Just don't over spend leave a grand or two behind for mods!! If you don't want them now, you will later!
Old 10-20-2012, 05:16 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford

That is awesome14 days is really fast!

I'm itching for a bit newer stang myself. A lot of owners start with 1 then progress to a newer one, or a GT!

I think with whatever package you choose you will be happy! Just don't over spend leave a grand or two behind for mods!! If you don't want them now, you will later!
Yeah, roush exhaust, frpp suspension, pro charger...

Took six weeks to make the assembly line though, it was tough waiting! But I enjoy every minute I drive now.

I'll move up to a 302 eventually white or school bus yellow. :drool:
Old 10-21-2012, 12:11 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
If you that worried about gas mileage, you better look at a Focus.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:01 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang
If you that worried about gas mileage, you better look at a Focus.
If you are worried about fuel economy, it can be great. It will be how you drive it.

Some people can't imagine getting good fuel economy from their car, but don't let those people bother you- it's easy to have a 300hp front rear with 25,30+ mpg per tank.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:07 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkawak View Post
im planning to get a 13 mustang v6 coupe automatic for my first car but before i do, i have some questions in mind that i would like current owners of 13 mustang v6 coupe to answer.
1.how much gas mileage are you actually getting driving in city and hwy?
2.are the standard stereo decent?
3.how much slower in performance is the auto compared to manual?
thanks in advance
1.when i didn't have a race tune, i was averaging around 22 mpg

2.i think the standard sound system is pretty good. It's a lot better than my dad's BMW 750i. the only things i'd change are the subs

3. honestly this question depends a bit on some other factors. Is the guy driving the manual any good? the stock comes with either 2.73 or 3.13 gears, the manual only comes with 2.73 (unless they have the performance package)
and of course, do you have a tune? when an auto is tuned, it will become amazing, you can actually chirp in the auto once you have a tune.

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony_Boy View Post
Yeah, roush exhaust, frpp suspension, pro charger...

Took six weeks to make the assembly line though, it was tough waiting! But I enjoy every minute I drive now.

I'll move up to a 302 eventually white or school bus yellow. :drool:
just get school bus yellow, no questions asked
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:50 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire

1.when i didn't have a race tune, i was averaging around 22 mpg

2.i think the standard sound system is pretty good. It's a lot better than my dad's BMW 750i. the only things i'd change are the subs

3. honestly this question depends a bit on some other factors. Is the guy driving the manual any good? the stock comes with either 2.73 or 3.13 gears, the manual only comes with 2.73 (unless they have the performance package)
and of course, do you have a tune? when an auto is tuned, it will become amazing, you can actually chirp in the auto once you have a tune.

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

just get school bus yellow, no questions asked
No, for the v6 you can either get 2.73 or 3.31 from the factory. And you don't need the performance package to get the 3.31s, you can get it as a stand alone option. Auto and manual.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:20 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I got my '13 v6 Premium a few weeks ago. I have an automatic and go real easy on the gas. I drive 80 miles plus a day, 40 miles each way, 90% highway driving. One day the computer said 26 mpg, but by the end of the tank it is usually just under 24. I don't know how people get close to or above 30. My focus has been all about mpg.

I bought the car because the numbers were the same as my 2001 Camry. The problem for me is the smaller tank. I fill up every 3 days at 1/4 of a tank where I could go 5 days with the Camry almost running it dry. The extra gallon and a half helped.

As far as the '13 auto, you can use the select shift when you want. Then in traffic give your leg a rest and let the car do the work.

If you want to order a '13 you are running out of time. The '14s start production in January. You might want to wait and see what changes Ford make to the car. You might get a good buy on a left over '13 at that time.

I just got a brochure mailed to my house stating you can now get $1500 cash back and it had a $750 off coupon with my name on it. See if you can get on the mailing list. I could have saved an additional $1250 three weeks after I took possession of the car.
Chessmanmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:31 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessmanmark View Post
I got my '13 v6 Premium a few weeks ago. I have an automatic and go real easy on the gas. I drive 80 miles plus a day, 40 miles each way, 90% highway driving. One day the computer said 26 mpg, but by the end of the tank it is usually just under 24. I don't know how people get close to or above 30. My focus has been all about mpg.

I bought the car because the numbers were the same as my 2001 Camry. The problem for me is the smaller tank. I fill up every 3 days at 1/4 of a tank where I could go 5 days with the Camry almost running it dry. The extra gallon and a half helped.

As far as the '13 auto, you can use the select shift when you want. Then in traffic give your leg a rest and let the car do the work.

If you want to order a '13 you are running out of time. The '14s start production in January. You might want to wait and see what changes Ford make to the car. You might get a good buy on a left over '13 at that time.

I just got a brochure mailed to my house stating you can now get $1500 cash back and it had a $750 off coupon with my name on it. See if you can get on the mailing list. I could have saved an additional $1250 three weeks after I took possession of the car.
thanks for the headsup
will the 14' be a whole new design? if production is in jan when will it be available in dealership?
Old 10-22-2012, 08:28 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

http://www.torquenews.com/106/2014-f...-more-boss-302
Old 10-22-2012, 10:52 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

seems like nothing is changing except few more customization
Old 10-23-2012, 04:11 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

had test drive a v6 today, first time driving a mustang, the experience was okay. I find the front view a little hard to tell my bumper distance from other car and the back window seems alittle high when looking back. side mirror seems alittle small. idk maybe be im not use to it
Old 10-23-2012, 04:16 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkawak
had test drive a v6 today, first time driving a mustang, the experience was okay. I find the front view a little hard to tell my bumper distance from other car and the back window seems alittle high when looking back. side mirror seems alittle small. idk maybe be im not use to it
For a general car, I totally agree. But for our segment, I think it's the best of what is on the market.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 10-23-2012, 04:32 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
For a general car, I totally agree. But for our segment, I think it's the best of what is on the market.
how long did it take you to get used to the view?
Old 10-23-2012, 04:41 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
It took me almost no time to get used to it. I hear the Camaros are horrible for view and ours is one of the best. Honestly, most modern cars (even my '10 Malibu I had) had huge blind spots due to the pillars being so thick to encase the air bags. The Mustang is actually slightly better.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:12 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It depends what you were driving before. I drove a Camry and you don't see the front end on cars like this. I kept the car for the winter and drive it a few days a week to keep the miles down on my new Mustang.

At first it felt weird driving the Mustang. The hood seems longer at first but after a short while it just drops away. You don't see much of it really, but you feel like you are lower in the car because the doors come up higher. The side mirrors are fine. I have reverse sensing and a backup camera, but actually prefer the side mirrors when backing up. It takes a while to get used to judging the distance in the back, and front, of the car.

On the days I drive my Camry I appreciate the Mustang. The Camry seems all "loose" in the steering. Granted it is an old car, but the Mustang handles the curves so much better. I have a V6 and it has ample power when driving legal. It gets going when you need it. It flies on the highway with little effort.

There is pride in owning a Mustang as well. I've been washing my car every weekend. This past weekend I washed it, then clayed the car (first time I ever did that), then waxed it with synthetic wax, let it cure for 24 hours, and then gave it some carnuba wax. It rained today and the water beaded up nicely. Everyone has something to say about the car.

I gassed up today and the computer at one point read 28 mpg on my morning commute. I just passed 1000 miles today so maybe the engine is breaking in. The computer read just under 27 mpg when I pulled into my garage. I live up on a big hill so I lose a little mpg just before I get home.

My wife bought an Outback two months ago. She had a Rav4 previously and still comments that it is an adjustment switching cars. You eventually get used to whatever you drive. I bought a 4x4 before my Camry and driving it home from the dealership was a little scary. Sitting up high with a huge back end was an adjustment for me.

Go to another dealership and take another test drive. The experience can be overwhelming the first time. I drove a GT my first time and wasn't told which car I would be driving. I went to another dealership to try out the V6. I thought the V6 had enough get up and go, and I appreciate the mpg that the car delivers. It basically gets the same mpg as my old Camry, is much cooler, and has plenty of power.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:26 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It depends what you were driving before. I drove a Camry and you don't see the front end on cars like this. I kept the car for the winter and drive it a few days a week to keep the miles down on my new Mustang.

At first it felt weird driving the Mustang. The hood seems longer at first but after a short while it just drops away. You don't see much of it really, but you feel like you are lower in the car because the doors come up higher. The side mirrors are fine. I have reverse sensing and a backup camera, but actually prefer the side mirrors when backing up. It takes a while to get used to judging the distance in the back, and front, of the car.

On the days I drive my Camry I appreciate the Mustang. The Camry seems all "loose" in the steering. Granted it is an old car, but the Mustang handles the curves so much better. I have a V6 and it has ample power when driving legal. It gets going when you need it. It flies on the highway with little effort.

There is pride in owning a Mustang as well. I've been washing my car every weekend. This past weekend I washed it, then clayed the car (first time I ever did that), then waxed it with synthetic wax, let it cure for 24 hours, and then gave it some carnuba wax. It rained today and the water beaded up nicely. Everyone has something to say about the car.

I gassed up today and the computer at one point read 28 mpg on my morning commute. I just passed 1000 miles today so maybe the engine is breaking in. The computer read just under 27 mpg when I pulled into my garage. I live up on a big hill so I lose a little mpg just before I get home.

My wife bought an Outback two months ago. She had a Rav4 previously and still comments that it is an adjustment switching cars. You eventually get used to whatever you drive. I bought a 4x4 before my Camry and driving it home from the dealership was a little scary. Sitting up high with a huge back end was an adjustment for me.

Go to another dealership and take another test drive. The experience can be overwhelming the first time. I drove a GT my first time and wasn't told which car I would be driving. I went to another dealership to try out the V6. I thought the V6 had enough get up and go, and I appreciate the mpg that the car delivers. It basically gets the same mpg as my old Camry, is much cooler, and has plenty of power.
yea ima test driving it again, i had the seat pumped up pretty high almost had my head touching the ceiling. im 5'9" btw still felt very low, as i was pumping the seat up to the desired height, i was not aware that my head was about to touch the ceiling until the salesman in the back called it out. i also felt the gas and break pedal was kinda awkwardly position slanted or i can be wrong test drive was short and traffic was kinda heavy.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:31 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc

Same view as my old jeep, just lower and faster. It shouldn't take much time at all to very used to. Make sure you enjoy, or at least can deal with, engine noise and a little vibration. These cars are far ahead of ones from the nineties though.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:35 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

how long did it take you to get used to the view?
A week or so, but I came from a small hatch back before. Also, I sit in a way most will make fun of. Almost straight up, closer to the wheel. When I was taught high speed driving and tactical driving it was so much easier, and that is how I always drove now.

Next time you go, take two or three minutes and feel out exactly how you want it to feel. Whenever other people drive mine, I have to take a moment to get it just right.

Old 10-23-2012, 09:27 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak_stang
I have a 12 manual but the 12 and 13's are the same mechanically. I get about 24 MPG 75% highway miles, stock 4 speaker system isn't great but tolerable ( I have a 10 inch sub). I believe the manual and auto are pretty much on par with eachother unless you get one of the ****ty manuals like I did but I believe the 13's are pretty much void of that problem, auto will be more consistant which is why serious drag racers are now using the auto plus its rated at 800 torques
***ty manuals? How so?
Old 10-23-2012, 10:16 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile

***ty manuals? How so?
My 13 is still notchy when it's cold (first thing in the morning when ambient is under 60 F). Smooth as butter after it warms up. Loads of fun, wouldn't trade for a heavy and imo average driving experience.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:59 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
1.i get 24-25 mpg. I'm probably a little more city than highway too.
2. I went with the premium. Drive a premium then drive a standard. The comfort, ambient lighting, shaker audio, led screen it's all worth the 2 grand if that you pay for it. Plus it helps with resale value down the road.
3. I have the auto. It's not slower it's just easier. Technology has come so far the shifts are tight and you can put it in to select shift mode if you really miss it. Haha
Dshores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:16 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
yea ima test driving it again, i had the seat pumped up pretty high almost had my head touching the ceiling. im 5'9" btw still felt very low, as i was pumping the seat up to the desired height, i was not aware that my head was about to touch the ceiling until the salesman in the back called it out. i also felt the gas and break pedal was kinda awkwardly position slanted or i can be wrong test drive was short and traffic was kinda heavy.
Yeah, I played around with the seat the first week I had the car. At first I pumped the seat up high, then angled it toward the front, but eventually pumped it back down. I'm 5' 9" too. It just feels different sitting in a Mustang if you are coming from an economy car. The hood may feel bigger now but after a couple of days you realize that you see very little of it once you adjust your seat to a comfortable position.

I drove my Camry today because it was raining and it's like sitting in a fish bowl. The glass comes lower on the sides and you barely see the hood. I avoided the Camaro because of the visibility issues.

I bought the Premium for the leather and added the Pony package for the wheels and the fog lights. I also added the comfort package for the heated seats/side mirrors and the pony puddle lights which are really cool. The lighted door sills are nice too.

Go on kbb.com and build the car the way you want it. They will give you a ballpark price and you can add incentives and negotiate from there. The way I negotiated is I found an Internet special. I printed it out and brought it to my local dealership. They matched the deal and I built the car with the same options with the color I wanted.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:36 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah, I played around with the seat the first week I had the car. At first I pumped the seat up high, then angled it toward the front, but eventually pumped it back down. I'm 5' 9" too. It just feels different sitting in a Mustang if you are coming from an economy car. The hood may feel bigger now but after a couple of days you realize that you see very little of it once you adjust your seat to a comfortable position.

I drove my Camry today because it was raining and it's like sitting in a fish bowl. The glass comes lower on the sides and you barely see the hood. I avoided the Camaro because of the visibility issues.

I bought the Premium for the leather and added the Pony package for the wheels and the fog lights. I also added the comfort package for the heated seats/side mirrors and the pony puddle lights which are really cool. The lighted door sills are nice too.

Go on kbb.com and build the car the way you want it. They will give you a ballpark price and you can add incentives and negotiate from there. The way I negotiated is I found an Internet special. I printed it out and brought it to my local dealership. They matched the deal and I built the car with the same options with the color I wanted.
the salesman yesterday was trying to rip me off by telling me the car worth 25k out the lot, where online edmund n kbb telling me fair price is at 23k. he wouldnt even budge while negotiating.....guess i have to take my money elsewhere
btw 25k had 1,500 incentive included
Old 10-24-2012, 08:44 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
the salesman yesterday was trying to rip me off by telling me the car worth 25k out the lot, where online edmund n kbb telling me fair price is at 23k. he wouldnt even budge while negotiating.....guess i have to take my money elsewhere
btw 25k had 1,500 incentive included
What did that include? Mine is a premium MCA with comfort and security. Ordered it in march, had 500 incentive and the 750 coupon from brochure. My price was 27 before incentives, I had all weather mats thrown in for free and paid about half list price for the 100kmi premium care and maintenance plan (with upgrade to synthetic oil and shortened service intervals). Don't forget you can negotiate those items as well.

My car was a custom order, everything I wanted. IMO anything sitting on the lot should be more negotiable because it isn't your "perfect" car, whether or not it is . If your work is affiliated with true car, it's a good starting point. The company section of the site actually guarantees a price, public shows recommended like kbb and edmunds.

Good luck getting the deal, took me six dealers to get the service contracts down to a reasonable amount!

Mustangs sit low, you'll find a comfortable position after a few hours in the car. I drop the seat as low as it goes, it just feels sportier and you can spread your legs out more. The trick is making sure the clutch can be depressed completely comfortably, otherwise I'd sit back another three inches, but thats not a problem with the automatics. I am also 5'9".
Old 10-24-2012, 08:51 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What did that include? Mine is a premium MCA with comfort and security. Ordered it in march, had 500 incentive and the 750 coupon from brochure. My price was 27 before incentives, I had all weather mats thrown in for free and paid about half list price for the 100kmi premium care and maintenance plan (with upgrade to synthetic oil and shortened service intervals). Don't forget you can negotiate those items as well.

My car was a custom order, everything I wanted. IMO anything sitting on the lot should be more negotiable because it isn't your "perfect" car, whether or not it is .

Good luck getting the deal, took me six dealers to get the service contracts down to a reasonable amount!

Mustangs sit low, you'll find a comfortable position after a few hours in the car. I drop the seat as low as it goes, it just feels sportier and you can spread your legs out more. The trick is making sure the clutch can be depressed completely comfortably, otherwise I'd sit back another three inches, but thats not a problem with the automatics. I am also 5'9".
ima first time car buyer and a part time student, can only afford the base model of v6 right now. my have two option added the auto transmission and the 102a(spoiler and side strip) appearance. which dont cost that much. i did my research before going to the dealership, the salesman had no intention of lowering the sticker price after i asked twice. so i just left lol
Old 10-24-2012, 09:03 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
ima first time car buyer and a part time student, can only afford the base model of v6 right now. my have two option added the auto transmission and the 102a(spoiler and side strip) appearance. which dont cost that much. i did my research before going to the dealership, the salesman had no intention of lowering the sticker price after i asked twice. so i just left lol
if you are pre qualified for a loan and are ready to buy today, that can help a lot. Are you set on a 13? You could probably get a great deal on a 12 with a few more options if you can find one. I know all too well that the 13 upgrades were a must for me... I found that most dealers are much more adept at e-mail sales then they were in years past. I only whent in to sign, pay, then pick up. try as many dealers in your area as you can, talk to the dealer directly. Don't let one transfer a car unless it's real far away, but then you'll probably pay a delivery fee and some yahoo to drive it over for you.

Best thing is to take your time.

Keep us posted and congratulations on buying your first car! And a mustang at that, good decision!
Old 10-24-2012, 10:33 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
if you are pre qualified for a loan and are ready to buy today, that can help a lot. Are you set on a 13? You could probably get a great deal on a 12 with a few more options if you can find one. I know all too well that the 13 upgrades were a must for me... I found that most dealers are much more adept at e-mail sales then they were in years past. I only whent in to sign, pay, then pick up. try as many dealers in your area as you can, talk to the dealer directly. Don't let one transfer a car unless it's real far away, but then you'll probably pay a delivery fee and some yahoo to drive it over for you.

Best thing is to take your time.

Keep us posted and congratulations on buying your first car! And a mustang at that, good decision!
i dont need the loan i got enough money saved up, im just going to finance it instead. im still deciding if i should wait to see the '14..... all the rumors are saying its going to be minor upgrade with more appearance option. i dont like the '12 look, matter of fact i was not into mustang look at all until i saw the new aggressive look on the '13. thats when i say to myself i want a mustang before that i wanted a lancer but too expensive and cheap build/performance, thought about the evolution but it was far out of my price range. really liked the lancer car look........sexy. email was a complete failure for ford dealership in my city, send in multiple quote requests and not one returned. it would be nice and alot easier just negotiate through email, less stress/time than actually being there. the day i test drive the car they didnt have my color, so i had to drive a grabber blue v6 which was okay, kinda girly in my eyes. i asked for a black one with less than 10 mileage, sales guy told me he can order me one in 6 weeks. which sounds great but most importantly he was not wiling to negotiate the sticker price. ima try another ford dealership in my area

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Tags
2013 mustang