2013 mustang v6 coupe owners out there - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-24-2012, 11:29 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkawak

i dont need the loan i got enough money saved up, im just going to finance it instead. im still deciding if i should wait to see the '14..... all the rumors are saying its going to be minor upgrade with more appearance option. i dont like the '12 look, matter of fact i was not into mustang look at all until i saw the new aggressive look on the '13. thats when i say to myself i want a mustang before that i wanted a lancer but too expensive and cheap build/performance, thought about the evolution but it was far out of my price range. really liked the lancer car look........sexy. email was a complete failure for ford dealership in my city, send in multiple quote requests and not one returned. it would be nice and alot easier just negotiate through email, less stress/time than actually being there. the day i test drive the car they didnt have my color, so i had to drive a grabber blue v6 which was okay, kinda girly in my eyes. i asked for a black one with less than 10 mileage, sales guy told me he can order me one in 6 weeks. which sounds great but most importantly he was not wiling to negotiate the sticker price. ima try another ford dealership in my area
Great to hear you have the finance/cash in order. Only way to get under 10 is most likely to order, test drives tend to put miles on, my dealer let me test drive a 12 before ordering, took it on a 15mile loop.

Negotiating an order is real tough, don't pay over invoice, which you can ask to see. You can also try and get out of the documentation fee and dealer prep, which are dealer charges. Also find out if they would throw in any cheap dealer installed items like stripes or all season floor matts. Some dealers offer free lifetime oil changes and annual state inspection (at least in PA). They'll work for you if they want the sale. I got age discrimination at two dealers: "young guy, cool car, he'll pay full price." Not a chance, their lucky I don't have time/space to change my oil myself.

Try a couple dealers, you can always get service at your local after the purchase, service is where dealers actually make money. They might give a better deal if they know you'll be back for service.

I like the evo too, but build quality kinda sucked and a buddy of mine destroyed the head on his in 30kmi.

I wonder what 14 will look like, if there are any visible cosmetic changes, that makes 13 a pretty special car in my opinion. I agree, the aggressive styling cues from the 500 make the six look bad ***, main reason I sold my bmw, other then cost of repaires draining my wallet almost monthly.

sounds like your well put together, I don't mean to say things you already know, just saying what I wish someone would have told me when I bought my first car.
Pony_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2012, 11:25 AM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony_Boy View Post
Great to hear you have the finance/cash in order. Only way to get under 10 is most likely to order, test drives tend to put miles on, my dealer let me test drive a 12 before ordering, took it on a 15mile loop.

Negotiating an order is real tough, don't pay over invoice, which you can ask to see. You can also try and get out of the documentation fee and dealer prep, which are dealer charges. Also find out if they would throw in any cheap dealer installed items like stripes or all season floor matts. Some dealers offer free lifetime oil changes and annual state inspection (at least in PA). They'll work for you if they want the sale. I got age discrimination at two dealers: "young guy, cool car, he'll pay full price." Not a chance, their lucky I don't have time/space to change my oil myself.

Try a couple dealers, you can always get service at your local after the purchase, service is where dealers actually make money. They might give a better deal if they know you'll be back for service.

I like the evo too, but build quality kinda sucked and a buddy of mine destroyed the head on his in 30kmi.

I wonder what 14 will look like, if there are any visible cosmetic changes, that makes 13 a pretty special car in my opinion. I agree, the aggressive styling cues from the 500 make the six look bad ***, main reason I sold my bmw, other then cost of repaires draining my wallet almost monthly.

sounds like your well put together, I don't mean to say things you already know, just saying what I wish someone would have told me when I bought my first car.
totally agree, negotiating is probably the hardest part in the whole buying car process. your are spot on when you said "young guy, cool car, he'll pay full price." thats how i felt when i try to negotiate, salesman assume i went in and didnt do any homework. also thanks for the heads up on the fees that i can avoid, did not know that it could save me hundreds. ima try another dealer about 20min way this or next week. if it doesnt work out, i guess have to do it last 2 weeks of the year(hopefully mayan thing dont come true lol) where they really eager to make sales to clear the lot.
winkawak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:14 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

I'd skip the auto and jump for a premium... The cluster display is cool and leather is a great reselling point. Plus upgraded sound system. That's a lot for the money. Manual is easy enough to learn if you don't know, try and learn on a friends/relatives if you can though.

Just my opinion! Some people, my wife, just dislike shifting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2012, 10:44 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'd skip the auto and jump for a premium... The cluster display is cool and leather is a great reselling point. Plus upgraded sound system. That's a lot for the money. Manual is easy enough to learn if you don't know, try and learn on a friends/relatives if you can though.

Just my opinion! Some people, my wife, just dislike shifting.
i have seen all the feature in a base model, im okay with it. premium is too much for me. im not planning to sale the car...........well at least for a long time since it going to be my only car. i just dont like manual, i prefer one of my hand and leg free while driving. i have seen my friends driving manual cars and it does not look fun.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:40 AM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Shifting can be fun, more so than an auto. After a while it becomes second natures and you don't even think about it. It does have drawbacks if you do anything besides drive while cruising down the road.

Anyway, get what you want. That's the whole point. If I could have afforded a Premium myself, I'd have forgone the creature comforts and got a base GT.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:20 AM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Winkawak the Mayans just ran out of Rock is all and the calendar just starts over. You'll have plenty of time to enjoy your Stang, God willing.
Enjoy
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:52 AM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin
Shifting can be fun, more so than an auto. After a while it becomes second natures and you don't even think about it. It does have drawbacks if you do anything besides drive while cruising down the road.

Anyway, get what you want. That's the whole point. If I could have afforded a Premium myself, I'd have forgone the creature comforts and got a base GT.
I agree completely. I did notice that the GT, at least in NJ, was an additional $80/mo for insurance, otherwise I'd have a base GT like you said. Lol.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:08 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Smile

Picking up tomorrow a 2013 V6 Premium, Deep Impact Blue w/Perf Pkge, I think I got a great deal, vehicle MSRP at $31300, payed $26.900 after discount and rebates !
bluman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:24 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluman
Picking up tomorrow a 2013 V6 Premium, Deep Impact Blue w/Perf Pkge, I think I got a great deal, vehicle MSRP at $31300, payed $26.900 after discount and rebates !
Wow that is a superb deal. Make sure to posts pics once you can!
Old 10-27-2012, 03:07 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluman View Post
great deal! what were the discount and rebates?
Old 10-28-2012, 09:14 AM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkawak View Post
great deal! what were the discount and rebates?
$2500 in rebates ($1500 cash back and $1000 lease conquest),
not sure of how much $$ was the discount, I do know they went into the hold back, I also had a trade with some equity ($500) and about $1510 tax savings from trade.
Total out the door incl taxes was $26953 + $395 for a remote starter.

A friend who was a salesman for Ford told me it was a great deal.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:40 AM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I'm a little jelly of that deal!
Old 10-28-2012, 09:56 AM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Very good deal. You'll love it!
Old 10-28-2012, 10:19 AM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5061.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	220.0 KB
ID:	73840

First pic !
Old 10-28-2012, 10:56 AM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

First pic !
Wow beautiful. That is my favorite set up MCA and performance packge...well done
Old 10-28-2012, 01:33 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:

First pic !
I got the same car very nice i paid 29,490 wit taxes.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:03 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

does the v6 base model have a car charger of some sort?
Old 10-28-2012, 10:38 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Car charger?

Old 10-28-2012, 11:38 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
If you mean a DC outlet, there are two. One in dash, seemingly for GPS/radar and one in the center console for other things. Music, phone, what have you.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:07 AM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Yeah that was a good price. You can't beat that. But if you look hard enough you can usually get a very good deal buying used with like 8-15k miles. Especially if the mustang is at a gmc dealer lol. Some morans would actually trade a beast in for a piece with a moon roof
Old 10-29-2012, 09:28 AM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Only ones I usually see traded in anywhere are '10s. Wonder why?

Old 10-29-2012, 10:27 AM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford
As a seasoned shaker 500 owner who on a few occasions likes to blast it it's okay.

Pros: Pretty clear and loud for a factory system, 2 in door subs, and 6 speakers, (4 front, 2 rear) technically Ford says 8 with counting the subs.

Cons: Low bass, a little under powered sometimes.

Over all I'd get the shaker again and take out the head unit and throw in 2 subs in the back. Oh yeah that's what I'm going to do soon.

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

+1 I was like that at first. Not too hard on the gas, easy off the line, but as time goes on, you end up driving like you stole it! Haha
I did a stupid thing and wired my alpine r to the rear deck speakers. Just got bored really and wanted to see if it really passed power along to the sub. I turned the setting to half rear and the bass to 4. It shook the mirror and it sounded descent actually. But with that came the rattle. Dynomat the doors, roof, trunk, and somehow the mirror? I broke my mirror and windshield with this sub so I'm not surprised. I agree it needs more thump and low end.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:32 PM   #93
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning

I did a stupid thing and wired my alpine r to the rear deck speakers. Just got bored really and wanted to see if it really passed power along to the sub. I turned the setting to half rear and the bass to 4. It shook the mirror and it sounded descent actually. But with that came the rattle. Dynomat the doors, roof, trunk, and somehow the mirror? I broke my mirror and windshield with this sub so I'm not surprised. I agree it needs more thump and low end.
Haha that's awesome,Coty! Not so awesome about the windshield and glass.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:22 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford

Haha that's awesome,Coty! Not so awesome about the windshield and glass.
It was on my 02 and the mirror just broke off first then the windshield flexed. I already have one chip in my 11 and I don't want to make it worse. I live my bass but I love my windshield and being able to see behind me more lol
Old 10-30-2012, 09:42 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

I'm the thread killer
Old 10-31-2012, 11:54 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

after negotiating with the internet manager, the best she can do was $24,190 for a v6 with auto transmission. the price is 1k over the true market price on websites that i checked. this price had the 1.5k incentive included. i think this price is crazy, the guy above me had a premium and a performance package for 26k while my base model with auto cost me 24k. ima try another ford dealership. anyway a question about the visibility, hows the rear visibility when backing up? also the front visibility do you see the middle of your hood? when i test drive i only can see the end of the hood.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:36 AM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
after negotiating with the internet manager, the best she can do was $24,190 for a v6 with auto transmission. the price is 1k over the true market price on websites that i checked. this price had the 1.5k incentive included. i think this price is crazy, the guy above me had a premium and a performance package for 26k while my base model with auto cost me 24k. ima try another ford dealership. anyway a question about the visibility, hows the rear visibility when backing up? also the front visibility do you see the middle of your hood? when i test drive i only can see the end of the hood.
That sucks. Could be the area too. Bigger dealers can do better deals. Base models are hard to talk down, try talking down a model with a few options. Good luck!
Old 11-01-2012, 06:43 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That sucks. Could be the area too. Bigger dealers can do better deals. Base models are hard to talk down, try talking down a model with a few options. Good luck!
well, manual is cheaper though. i paid $25,056.40 out the door including taxes and everything with PP, recaro seats, man transmission and i talked them into throwin in Pony mats

I love the recaro seats btw, very comfy, but 1800 (after talking them down) still is a bit expensive.....probably would have been almost 23k out the door without the recaro seats...

the only thing i'm really upset about is the gas milage. i was expecting 25 miles to the gallon, i'm getting closer to 20-21...and i'm not whalin away on it (but i'm not always babying it)
Flashjmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:57 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashjmg View Post
well, manual is cheaper though. i paid $25,056.40 out the door including taxes and everything with PP, recaro seats, man transmission and i talked them into throwin in Pony mats

I love the recaro seats btw, very comfy, but 1800 (after talking them down) still is a bit expensive.....probably would have been almost 23k out the door without the recaro seats...

the only thing i'm really upset about is the gas milage. i was expecting 25 miles to the gallon, i'm getting closer to 20-21...and i'm not whalin away on it (but i'm not always babying it)
somethin is wrong with your gas mileage, shouldnt be that low
Old 11-01-2012, 10:31 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashjmg

How many miles do you have on the car so far? I started getting better milage just over 1k. The other variable is your percentage of highway to city driving. Stepping on it will drastically lower your mpg. Hard not to step on it though. It is a Mustang after all.
Chessmanmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:33 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessmanmark View Post
How many miles do you have on the car so far? I started getting better milage just over 1k. The other variable is your percentage of highway to city driving. Stepping on it will drastically lower your mpg. Hard not to step on it though. It is a Mustang after all.
from what i heard, even if you stomp the gas pedal on city/hwy you should average about 25
Old 11-02-2012, 03:31 AM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

from what i heard, even if you stomp the gas pedal on city/hwy you should average about 25
roflmao
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:18 AM   #103

Region: Texas
I get 22 combined before intake. Worse after intake. Depends on your driving habit
polasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:04 PM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashjmg

Yeah, mine is a MCA with comfort, security, and the mats. Didn't get the recaro seats cause I wanted then heated. manual is more fun and saved enough money to get the mca.

I average 25 to 27, but stop lights can kill that. goes down to 22 in heavy traffic and stomping on it! Got 30 avg going from nj to nh.

Glad to hear you got the pp! I liked the mca wheels more though
Old 11-03-2012, 08:47 AM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I wish I can get 25. Probably do a light form of city driving. In town 8 mile commute to work. Just disappointed I'm not getting at least 25. But looooove the car.
Flashjmg is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Tags
2013 mustang