2013 mustang v6 coupe owners out there - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-16-2012, 10:10 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
2013 mustang v6 coupe owners out there

im planning to get a 13 mustang v6 coupe automatic for my first car but before i do, i have some questions in mind that i would like current owners of 13 mustang v6 coupe to answer.
1.how much gas mileage are you actually getting driving in city and hwy?
2.are the standard stereo decent?
3.how much slower in performance is the auto compared to manual?
thanks in advance
winkawak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2012, 12:54 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
1) Haven't driven it long enought to get an average on mileage.
2) Love the 370 watt Shaker system. Waste to get the 500 one.
3) I have an auto.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:14 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkawak
im planning to get a 13 mustang v6 coupe automatic for my first car but before i do, i have some questions in mind that i would like current owners of 13 mustang v6 coupe to answer.
1.how much gas mileage are you actually getting driving in city and hwy?
2.are the standard stereo decent?
3.how much slower in performance is the auto compared to manual?
thanks in advance
1. I average low 20's, mostly highway. But I'm not the best to go by. I don't drive conservatively. I've got another car for that
2. I've got the standard premium speakers, which is the shaker 500? I think they're good but I don't really listen to music loud with the bas up and crap. In fact, I hardly ever listen to the radio because my car sounds sooo nice with my loud Magnaflows!
3. The auto is not slower then the manual. This ain't the 90's. Auto technology has greatly improved over the manual. No one can shift faster then a computer either. Manual is more fun but that's about it.

Good luck though!
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2012, 01:18 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alaska
I have a 12 manual but the 12 and 13's are the same mechanically. I get about 24 MPG 75% highway miles, stock 4 speaker system isn't great but tolerable ( I have a 10 inch sub). I believe the manual and auto are pretty much on par with eachother unless you get one of the ****ty manuals like I did but I believe the 13's are pretty much void of that problem, auto will be more consistant which is why serious drag racers are now using the auto plus its rated at 800 torques
ak_stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:45 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I get an average around 21-25mpg with 70% highway driving. On long trips where I set the cruise to 65 and just drive you can get up to 30.

I love my shaker 500 radio. Just the type I need for loud music with the windows down or soft morning talk shows. But like Cyclone, I don't listen to bass bumping music, I would prefer hearing my Rousch axle backs do work.

I have an auto as well and I have driven the 12 manual and I couldn't find any difference. The shift points are harder because you control them obviously, but the last time I checked, 305hp is 305hp.

I hope you end up getting your 13'! You won't regret it, promise.

An outstanding DD
dgrum04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:04 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
1) I'm averaging 23 mpg (manual)
2) Mine has the shaker 500 its awesome my previous had the base stereo and it was very good!
3) The transmission differences are really only preference
AndreaCristiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:40 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

thanks for all the feedback
can someone please tell me what you get with a 13 mustang v6 coupe base model, in city alone on Drive, and what about going 70mph on hwy mileage?
Old 10-17-2012, 12:20 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
thanks for all the feedback
can someone please tell me what you get with a 13 mustang v6 coupe base model, in city alone on Drive, and what about going 70mph on hwy mileage?
Unless someone drives exclusively city or highway no one can actually tell you that. The combined is the closest you will get to real world mileage
Old 10-17-2012, 01:44 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

above post of mileage is mostly hwy
and people are only getting low 20's? many i ask what speed where you going
Old 10-17-2012, 02:30 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
If you drive conservatively and are really easy on the gas you can see good mpg's, like high 20's maybe low 30's. But that's hard to do all the time with a Mustang. You want to punch it, you want to hear that sweet sound. When I do my 70 mile drive to work, I usually set my cruise control at around 70mph. Although most of the drive I leave it alone, I will punch it going on an on ramp, or maybe passing some traffic, or maybe there's no cars ahead of me or around me and I just want to floor it for a few secs. Low-mid 20's is what I see driving like that. When driving around the city my average doesn't really drop, according to the computer anyway. Maybe it'll go down 1mpg but the average pretty much stays the same. 75% of my driving is highway though.
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:42 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

the reason behind me keep asking about gas mileage is quite a few people are noticing low gas mileage in allmustang forum even when theyre driving normally
Old 10-17-2012, 03:22 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
the reason behind me keep asking about gas mileage is quite a few people are noticing low gas mileage in allmustang forum even when theyre driving normally
Nah I have never seen below 21 mpg
Old 10-17-2012, 08:57 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkawak View Post
There are so many factors here it is impossible to give a real answer.

Folks above have mentioned the 'right foot' issue, as well as City vs Highway miles. There are also issues with running A/C or not depending on weather, some City miles are much worse than others in very congested urban areas, and the big one we forget about: Local Gas.

Remember that there are now (literally) nearly a hundred Gasoline formulations produced for sale in the US throughout the year. Some states will have several different formulations that are required in different areas at different times of year. The presence or lack of Ethanol and other blending elements can make some of these fuels much more efficient in your Mustang. Or much less...

In summation, the only way to know for sure what mileage will be for your use case is to get a car and drive it in that pattern for a while and measure carefully.

Good Luck!
--
FluxPrism
FluxPrism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:33 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I average around 18-20 all city. I recently did an all Highway trip and got 450 miles to a tank. Average was around 32mpg. Manual. 2013.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:22 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Highway is 36 mpg, for me. I have to check my speed charts for 74 mph. My lifetime fuel economy is 32 mog, I do mostly city driving. But i am standard. It really depends how you drive.

I am a bit aggressive on take off, because of the axle backs, thank you Roush, but otherwise I am conservative. Plus, I have some aero mods.

Edit: 34.54 mpg at 74 mph.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:25 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
1. Average 25mpg mixed city/hgwy doing 40 miles to and from work, mpg can go down if the engine never fully warms up (about 12mi). I averaged 30mpg from philadelphia to mt washington and back with a full car and hiking gear, so it's very picky about HOW it's driven for mpg, or fun

2. Stock premium stereo is one of the best stock systems I've owned, for rock anyways. it's a shaker system, I think it's only 300/350 watts. GTs have the optional shaker 1000 with subs in the trunk, not just the 8/10s that come in the doors.

3. Their about the same speed depending on who's driving. Manual is lighter, cheaper, and a simpler design then an auto. Autos are great for a lot of heavy traffic, or if you just don't want to shift. I heard the new triptonic shifting on the auto is so so. I saved the $$$ and got the MCA and comfort package for the cost of the auto.

Take your time planning, nothing like getting the exact car you want.
Pony_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:28 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
97 % highway 60mile round trip 29mpg. Average speed around 70.
Red Rover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:30 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I assume you are asking questions about the mpg because it's something that will be a deciding factor in your buy. Now my question to you is, what are you comparing the Mustang's actual mpg too?

If you we're like me, comparing everything between the Mustang, Camaro, and the Genesis Coupe, I'm telling you now, the Mustang wins in actual MPG.

An outstanding DD
dgrum04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:38 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrum04
I assume you are asking questions about the mpg because it's something that will be a deciding factor in your buy. Now my question to you is, what are you comparing the Mustang's actual mpg too?

If you we're like me, comparing everything between the Mustang, Camaro, and the Genesis Coupe, I'm telling you now, the Mustang wins in actual MPG.
+1

The genesis is terrible!

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 10-18-2012, 09:04 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
1.) I average 24.5 mpg with a 6-speed manual. Highway driving it's between 32-35 mpg at 72mph!
2.) Not sure about the standard stereo but the shaker 500 is perfect!
3.) I don't think there is a big difference in performance, a lot of it has to do with the driver!
SALLUCCI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:41 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrum04 View Post

not comparing just seeing if it hits that epa estimated number in real world driving
Old 10-18-2012, 10:45 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I also have the 2.73 gearing. That will matter. Also my All Highway trip was averaging 80-85 mph. Speed limit here is 75 so... Also, Most people will tell you they are actually getting better highway than the window sticker says. Around town I am driving in 100 degree plus heat and also have the a/c on and dont really ever go past 3rd or 4th gear which I could and save some gas I guess... Also depends on how much ethanol is in the gas you buy, how much above sea level you are etc.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:36 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Gears matter, I have the 3.31. A good upgrade imo. Now, this is not a car you should be worrying about mpg in. it's a big plus running regular and getting the mpg with the hp is great. If cost of fuel is a factor, buy a focus/fusion.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:45 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony_Boy
Gears matter, I have the 3.31. A good upgrade imo. Now, this is not a car you should be worrying about mpg in. it's a big plus running regular and getting the mpg with the hp is great. If cost of fuel is a factor, buy a focus/fusion.
Do they make a rear wheel drive fusion or focus with 300hp now?

Old 10-18-2012, 01:40 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

how much difference am i gong to notice with performance package?
Old 10-18-2012, 02:05 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc

His point is you don't buy a 300+ hp with mpg as your number one priority.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:37 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano

But it helps if runout getting 16 mpg lol.

I'm super happy with this mustang. I take care of it like its my first child. I even washed it least night at 10 pm. Lol. I've owned it less than 1 week
Flashjmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:01 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Exactly. Don't get me wrong, I love my mustang. It's the best car I've ever owned. Only thing better would be a 302, which I can't currently afford to drive since I drive 30kmi a year. I was just saying mpg is not something you worry about with these cars. Getting 25-30mpg is a HUGE plus, but it's not why I bought a 305hp rwd SPORT CAR.

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

Quote:

Kinda, AWD SHO taurus is the only family alternative in this line up. Even the new focus svt is fwd, my point is if you care about mpg, forget high hp applications.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:20 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That stigma kills me. I have discussed this with so many people here already, some people think that a car with a decent amount of power can not be efficient.

I only got the Mustang for fuel economy. There is no car on the market that is as much fun as the Mustang, has as much power, and is so reasonably priced. Almost all Foci cost more than a Stang, that I have seen.

It's funny when I talk to people who wanted a good commuter car. They went to the dealership with their parents and they picked out a fiesta or focus. They paid as much or more than me, and because they don't know how to drive, they get worse fuel economy than me. The Mustang is the fuel economy vehicle on the road. I wouldn't drive a Prius, myself.

Old 10-18-2012, 03:39 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That stigma kills me. I have discussed this with so many people here already, some people think that a car with a decent amount of power can not be efficient.

I only got the Mustang for fuel economy. There is no car on the market that is as much fun as the Mustang, has as much power, and is so reasonably priced. Almost all Foci cost more than a Stang, that I have seen.

It's funny when I talk to people who wanted a good commuter car. They went to the dealership with their parents and they picked out a fiesta or focus. They paid as much or more than me, and because they don't know how to drive, they get worse fuel economy than me. The Mustang is the fuel economy vehicle on the road. I wouldn't drive a Prius, myself.
I didn't mean you can't get good mpg out of the mustang. I bought it specifically as a fun commuter. It is dependent on how you drive, like you said a v6 mustang can get better mpg then a focus or even a civic si/ golf gti with more hp and using lower octane fuel to boot! But thats if you drive responsibly. It is possible? Yes. Attainable for everyone? No. I was able to get 48mpg average with my old civic because I drove responsibly, could never do that with my stang, but I know I get better mpg then the average yahoo in a civic/focus.

Sorry for the rant, I feel better
Old 10-18-2012, 04:51 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I didn't mean you can't get good mpg out of the mustang. I bought it specifically as a fun commuter. It is dependent on how you drive, like you said a v6 mustang can get better mpg then a focus or even a civic si/ golf gti with more hp and using lower octane fuel to boot! But thats if you drive responsibly. It is possible? Yes. Attainable for everyone? No. I was able to get 48mpg average with my old civic because I drove responsibly, could never do that with my stang, but I know I get better mpg then the average yahoo in a civic/focus.

Sorry for the rant, I feel better
I appreciate the respect. I am sorry if I came off hostile, but a few times people have jumped down my throat about getting a Mustang for mileage, and are really rude and ignorant about it. So I went right to defense mode.

I will end my rant on how awesome the Mustang is lol

Old 10-18-2012, 06:25 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

I hope no one thought I was disrespecting anyone that was not my intention. I was merely stating that the mpg is icing on the already delicious cake that is mustang
Old 10-18-2012, 06:42 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
how much difference am i gong to notice with performance package?
I almost got it, then decided replacing 19 inch tires off the bat with all seasons was not for me, plus the mca wheels are sweet! I got the 3.31 gears as a stand alone option, wheels and suspension are easy enough to replace yourself, plus ford racing sells same set up as an upgrade when stock suspension wears out.

If you want it, go for it!
Old 10-18-2012, 07:48 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I almost got it, then decided replacing 19 inch tires off the bat with all seasons was not for me, plus the mca wheels are sweet! I got the 3.31 gears as a stand alone option, wheels and suspension are easy enough to replace yourself, plus ford racing sells same set up as an upgrade when stock suspension wears out.

If you want it, go for it!
I made the same decision! MCA is a sweet package
Old 10-18-2012, 08:08 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I made the same decision! MCA is a sweet package
Sure is. Most dealers don't order them, so it's usually the enthusiasts that get them. Cool color btw! I bet the grill really pops!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Tags
2013 mustang