Mustang and not being the daily driver? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-19-2012, 11:21 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Mustang and not being the daily driver?

I am just curious for those that don't drive your mustangs daily, what do u do with it when u don't drive it?

Do u start it ever so often to keep the fluids mixed?

Do u just let it sit?

I have bought me an explorer for the winter months and I don't plan to drive the stang much during the winter, but i don't want th just let it sit and rot either so what do you do to yours while you don't drive it?
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2012, 11:44 PM   #2
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Most people who don't daily drive it use it on weekends. That way the miles stay low and they have a commuter car with better mpg.
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:51 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I got to the gym monday, weds and Fridays. I drive the accord on those days. Sometimes on the other days as well. Drive the stang at least twice a week. During the winter I plan to drive the mustang at least once every two weeks
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2012, 07:13 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I drive an f150 everyday to work and then i switch to the stang for everything else except towing and off roading lol.
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:46 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I would drive it or start it at least once a week,,and let it get to operating temp,,that way youll get the condensation out of the exhaust
Old 10-20-2012, 08:02 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I drive mine maybe twice but most the time just once every two weeks , I have a work car so my stang just sits till I'm ready to play
Jrsgrabber50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:54 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I recently sold my 99 Camry, so the Stang is now my only car. But my husband has a 97 Jeep Wrangler that I can drive if I need to. Since we're truck drivers and are hardly ever home, I don't get to drive the Mustang as often as I'd like to... but I guess that's a good thing.
lilredgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:57 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I have only driven mine twice this year, so i keep a charger on it and start it every other week and let it run of 10 minuets.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:12 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Awesome, thanks for the replys.. I will do what I have and take her for a spin every Friday or Saturday... When it's nice out after winter I will drive her more often...
Old 10-20-2012, 02:28 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
As long as maintenance is kept up it won't hurt it to sit for several weeks at a time. I'm not a fan of cranking the car and letting it idle before shutting it back off. You can trap condensation that way. I'll at least drive for twenty minutes or so to clean it out
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:57 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4
Most people who don't daily drive it use it on weekends. That way the miles stay low and they have a commuter car with better mpg.
Yep, that's what I do. 150 miles is too much to put on my baby everyday. And gas would cost me wayyyyyy too much.. During the winter it'll mostly sit but I plan on taking it out every once in a while. Drive it around for a bit if it's nice out and no salt and crap all over the roads.
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:14 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I live in the south so I could drive mine all year. Right now I only drive it on the weekends to keep the miles low. However, Uncle Sam keeps me busy so it's garaged a lot for extended periods. I usually keep it covered up and have the wife crank it up and drive around the block a few time 2-3 times a month....if she remembers.
3dStang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion