well... now what? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-31-2012, 07:34 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone
Yes, we deserve the full story. We all make mistakes. I certainly have and I'm sure I'll make plenty more.
+11

And I know for a fact I'll make plenty more!.. Even though I am Perfect!.. Lol
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-31-2012, 10:12 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
3dStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
Glad you are ok.....now tell the truth.
Haha, true. We know its going to start out with, "we'll see what had happened was...."
3dStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:34 PM   #38
Moderator Emeritus
 
Adogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,499
Just to let you know buddy they don't need to read you the Miranda rights one reason is cause they didn't interrogate you cause when they read you your rights it is to protect yourself from incriminating yourself but I wish you the best of luck
__________________
Don't hate....... appreciate
Adogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-01-2012, 12:36 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adogg
Just to let you know buddy they don't need to read you the Miranda rights one reason is cause they didn't interrogate you cause when they read you your rights it is to protect yourself from incriminating yourself but I wish you the best of luck
True story. Miranda rights won't be read to you until just before they start talking you AND you are detained. When I arrest somebody, I will let them chat and chat away, never ask them a question. If he didn't read you the Miranda, he probably had the radio playing so the recorder could keep.track of time.

In Ohio, this would be your fault. You hit her, and you were not in control of your car.

Do I agree? No, but legally you were not driving safely enough to stop before hitting her. It is sad, but you can just whip right in front of a car and cause an accident and it is the other persons fault. Now it could be decided otherwise, but w/o enough proof, the details you provided seems like it is your fault by Ohio standards.
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:45 AM   #40
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc

Do I agree? No, but legally you were not driving safely enough to stop before hitting her. It is sad, but you can just whip right in front of a car and cause an accident and it is the other persons fault. Now it could be decided otherwise, but w/o enough proof, the details you provided seems like it is your fault by Ohio standards.
Yup, even in Texas you'd be at fault unless the lady you hit admits she cut you off.

I got cut off in my truck and rear ended a young girl. She had no license, no tags and the car belonged to her grandmother. The police didn't cite me but my insurance blamed me and actually told me it wasn't worth litigating. It was easier just to pay the claim rather then it would have been fighting.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:08 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
redbeast0712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Nevada
Posts: 545
I was driving to work today and this lady was in the center lane and i was in the fast lane on a vegas high way. I was in this lady's blind spot and the very front of my car was about where her driver side door is. I was goin about 70 to 75 and she decided to move into my lane with no turn signal i slammed on my brakes and she had to be at least an inch away from hitting me. The things is that i was watching her the whole time i dont trust people to drive so what im saying is to have awareness when you drive. Im not saying that this guy doesn't but just dont trust anybody and please dont trust anybody when your driving a badass mustang lol.
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:55 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
Coreyw428's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc

True story. Miranda rights won't be read to you until just before they start talking you AND you are detained. When I arrest somebody, I will let them chat and chat away, never ask them a question. If he didn't read you the Miranda, he probably had the radio playing so the recorder could keep.track of time.

In Ohio, this would be your fault. You hit her, and you were not in control of your car.

Do I agree? No, but legally you were not driving safely enough to stop before hitting her. It is sad, but you can just whip right in front of a car and cause an accident and it is the other persons fault. Now it could be decided otherwise, but w/o enough proof, the details you provided seems like it is your fault by Ohio standards.
So basically what your saying is that you can arrest me for no apparent reason, take me to jail for no apparent reason and hold me for however long with out tellin me anything?
Coreyw428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:27 PM   #43
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreyw428

So basically what your saying is that you can arrest me for no apparent reason, take me to jail for no apparent reason and hold me for however long with out tellin me anything?
You can be detained without being arrested.
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:31 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
Coreyw428's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 430
Yes but when you get put in handcuffs and took to jail and not released for a few hours then there is a problem
Coreyw428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:36 PM   #45
Moderator Emeritus
 
Adogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn

You can be detained without being arrested.
Detaining some one and arresting some one is completly different thing he was arrested because it was way to long a detain is for a certain amount of time

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreyw428

So basically what your saying is that you can arrest me for no apparent reason, take me to jail for no apparent reason and hold me for however long with out tellin me anything?
Buddy we are just giving are opinions of what we would have done with the information that was given to us they didn't need to give you your rights and when you got to the station did they state what they have charged you with? Like reckless operation of a vehicle or something along that line?
__________________
Don't hate....... appreciate
Adogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:56 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
Coreyw428's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adogg

Detaining some one and arresting some one is completly different thing he was arrested because it was way to long a detain is for a certain amount of time

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------



Buddy we are just giving are opinions of what we would have done with the information that was given to us they didn't need to give you your rights and when you got to the station did they state what they have charged you with? Like reckless operation of a vehicle or something along that line?
I'm not gettin ticked or anything, I'm tryin to figure out what y'all are sayin, and I like to know different things, it's just I know when I was detained they didn't read me rights, but when they put me in handcuffs and took me to jail they had to read me rights, not Miranda rights, but the rights I had while bein held
Coreyw428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:04 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular
 
redbeast0712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Nevada
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreyw428

I'm not gettin ticked or anything, I'm tryin to figure out what y'all are sayin, and I like to know different things, it's just I know when I was detained they didn't read me rights, but when they put me in handcuffs and took me to jail they had to read me rights, not Miranda rights, but the rights I had while bein held
I agree i dont think you should of gone to jail thats just crazy.
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:25 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular
 
Wyomingstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Wyoming
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreyw428

I'm not gettin ticked or anything, I'm tryin to figure out what y'all are sayin, and I like to know different things, it's just I know when I was detained they didn't read me rights, but when they put me in handcuffs and took me to jail they had to read me rights, not Miranda rights, but the rights I had while bein held
So, what did they say to you when they asked you to turn around and put the cuffs on you? That's important.
__________________
2012 GT Premium convertible. (Roxanne)
Lowered (Steeda sport springs)
Tinted fog lights
Konig wheels
Engine mods: none, why mess with perfection?
Wyomingstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:55 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular
 
fultonboy09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Missouri
Posts: 629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreyw428
Yes but when you get put in handcuffs and took to jail and not released for a few hours then there is a problem
+1 this is whar happened
fultonboy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:12 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular
 
Coreyw428's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyomingstang

So, what did they say to you when they asked you to turn around and put the cuffs on you? That's important.
I dont remember all of it because it was almost 5 years ago and I was extremely pissed off when they clamped the cuffs on my wrist, but I remember 1 cop sayin that I had the right to remain silent if I wanted to, but they wasn't goin for crimal charges so I did not need an attorney, if I wanted to file some type of charge later on for being arrested and or for mistreatment while arrested i could, they will have a copy of report as can I get 1 and that I could have 1 phone call after I calmed down some and since it wasn't criminal charge I could be put in a single cell or the regular... They said a few more but I was ticked so I wasn't payin much attention.... And I got arrested for watching street racing, which is why I don't want no part in it no more.... I was 18 and thought it was the coolest thing ever until that
Coreyw428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:40 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular
 
Wyomingstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Wyoming
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreyw428

I dont remember all of it because it was almost 5 years ago and I was extremely pissed off when they clamped the cuffs on my wrist, but I remember 1 cop sayin that I had the right to remain silent if I wanted to, but they wasn't goin for crimal charges so I did not need an attorney, if I wanted to file some type of charge later on for being arrested and or for mistreatment while arrested i could, they will have a copy of report as can I get 1 and that I could have 1 phone call after I calmed down some and since it wasn't criminal charge I could be put in a single cell or the regular... They said a few more but I was ticked so I wasn't payin much attention.... And I got arrested for watching street racing, which is why I don't want no part in it no more.... I was 18 and thought it was the coolest thing ever until that
OK. Jailed for Watching an illegal activity...others jailed?
__________________
2012 GT Premium convertible. (Roxanne)
Lowered (Steeda sport springs)
Tinted fog lights
Konig wheels
Engine mods: none, why mess with perfection?
Wyomingstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:32 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreyw428

So basically what your saying is that you can arrest me for no apparent reason, take me to jail for no apparent reason and hold me for however long with out tellin me anything?
If you are under arrest, they should tell you you are under arrest. That is it. You do not have to be read your rights unless you are questioned. A k a, if they do not ask you anything, and you spill your beans, then it is cool because they did not question you. You have the right to remain silent when questioned, there is no obligation or even inference from sitting quietly.

That is the whole point, every academy should be teaching that by now. You tell someone they're under arrest, no Miranda until questioning. Some precincts and states might want to do it different.

Most weak people feel obligated to talk without being questioned. I am not sure why this individual went to jail, to be honest. And you can be held for a while without Miranda. You can be asked certain standard questions without Miranda, too, whatever is needed for booking/processing.

Limitations depends on the whole situation. This is how it works in Ohio. But keep in mind, many areas are paranoid and may have a policy that forces one to read it IMMEDIATELY upon arrest, some places will inform people they are just interviewing, not even detained! Every place can make their own policy, so long that it follows that of the country and state.
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:55 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular
 
Coreyw428's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyomingstang

OK. Jailed for Watching an illegal activity...others jailed?
Yep, I thought I'd be smart and park my car down the road, just incase, and I was settin there watchin as they screamed out police and everyone jumped in there cars and took off, so as I was runnin back they pulled in front of me and put me in cuffs
Coreyw428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:28 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular
 
Wyomingstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Wyoming
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreyw428

Yep, I thought I'd be smart and park my car down the road, just incase, and I was settin there watchin as they screamed out police and everyone jumped in there cars and took off, so as I was runnin back they pulled in front of me and put me in cuffs
Sounds like their (the cops) intent was to bust up the activity. Unfortunately, they viewed you as participating by running from the area. Running from the police isn't in Anyone's best interests. Not trying to preach, just giving you the perspective of law enforcement.
__________________
2012 GT Premium convertible. (Roxanne)
Lowered (Steeda sport springs)
Tinted fog lights
Konig wheels
Engine mods: none, why mess with perfection?
Wyomingstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:34 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular
 
jhagan1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreyw428

Yep, I thought I'd be smart and park my car down the road, just incase, and I was settin there watchin as they screamed out police and everyone jumped in there cars and took off, so as I was runnin back they pulled in front of me and put me in cuffs
I've always thought about if I was gonna do that, I'd ride with someone there and then just hide and wait it out for the police to leave.
jhagan1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:00 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular
 
Coreyw428's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 430
I have no clue where the police came from I didn't even see them lol... I just heard them yell they was comin so I started joggin back toward where I parked my car... Then lights and loudspeaker
Coreyw428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:03 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 1,653
I know you can get a spectators ticket but dang arrested, that's a new one
__________________
I love speed and Nascar driving,,,
killing gears and dodging traffic,,,
-----NEHP---
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:12 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular
 
Cranker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 232
She deserves more than a broken hip! Jk. Glad you are both alive.



...somewhat. ;D
Cranker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:09 AM   #59
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by fultonboy09
This happened last Wednesday.
Nooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry that sucks!
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:15 AM   #60
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by fultonboy09

Because of my stupidity in previous cars i have owned, and that i am 22 and own a grabber blue mustang, they wrote me 2 C&I's and arrested me. They failed to read me my rights or tell me the reason for my arrest. Don't worry guys! I'm going to fight this to the end. I also learned through my insurance that the old lady doesn't have insurance... fml
Oh wow that's crazy. And that's complete bull ****!!!!!! Get a good lawyer, did they book you in to jail as well? Is all the information correct? They accused a friend of mine of DUI he refused the test, at jail they measure your BAC, he wasn't intoxicated, but they found a pill bottle that belonged to his mother, and another passenger in the car had some marijuana, the cops wrote everything up wrong. He got a lawyer got everything expunged. Lawyers may seem like used car salesman but they sure do come in handy.

I got a good one in case anything were to happen to me, or someone presses a law suit etc.

Sounds like its her fault. In Georgia 10 over isn't even a ticket our roads are rated higher, but we purposely in most areas keep the limit 5-10 under the rated speed.
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:00 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular
 
fultonboy09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Missouri
Posts: 629
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford

Oh wow that's crazy. And that's complete bull ****!!!!!! Get a good lawyer, did they book you in to jail as well? Is all the information correct? They accused a friend of mine of DUI he refused the test, at jail they measure your BAC, he wasn't intoxicated, but they found a pill bottle that belonged to his mother, and another passenger in the car had some marijuana, the cops wrote everything up wrong. He got a lawyer got everything expunged. Lawyers may seem like used car salesman but they sure do come in handy.

I got a good one in case anything were to happen to me, or someone presses a law suit etc.

Sounds like its her fault. In Georgia 10 over isn't even a ticket our roads are rated higher, but we purposely in most areas keep the limit 5-10 under the rated speed.
Oh i have a good lawyer... its gonna get real
fultonboy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:16 AM   #62
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Arcadia
Region: Florida
Posts: 2,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by fultonboy09

Oh i have a good lawyer... its gonna get real
Good luck bud!!!! Hope it all turns out good! Sorry about the stang!
93mstnglx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:36 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular
 
fultonboy09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Missouri
Posts: 629
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93mstnglx

Good luck bud!!!! Hope it all turns out good! Sorry about the stang!
Thanks! All take all the luck i can get!

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fultonboy09

Thanks! All take all the luck i can get!
I'll *
fultonboy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:39 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular
 
fultonboy09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Missouri
Posts: 629
Well guys here is the update you all have been waiting for! Car was totaled. No surprise there... then i went out and bought a Lightning! So can i still be a part of the forum? PLEASE?? Lol
fultonboy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:18 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular
 
curtin1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 964
Send a message via ICQ to curtin1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by fultonboy09
Well guys here is the update you all have been waiting for! Car was totaled. No surprise there... then i went out and bought a Lightning! So can i still be a part of the forum? PLEASE?? Lol
How do u like it performance wise compared to the mustang.
__________________
Corey
curtin1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:30 AM   #66
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by fultonboy09
Well guys here is the update you all have been waiting for! Car was totaled. No surprise there... then i went out and bought a Lightning! So can i still be a part of the forum? PLEASE?? Lol
Lightning?!? Pics mofo pics!
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:44 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 1,653
You lucky gun, :sickness:
__________________
I love speed and Nascar driving,,,
killing gears and dodging traffic,,,
-----NEHP---
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:13 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular
 
fultonboy09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Missouri
Posts: 629
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtin1991

How do u like it performance wise compared to the mustang.
Its bone stock so it feels about the same as my v6 stang except a truck suspension lol which makes sense because the truck is a lot heavier and it has 360 hp... now with a tune and a smaller pully... holy ****!
fultonboy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:11 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular
 
claudermilk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: California
Posts: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by fultonboy09 View Post
Well guys here is the update you all have been waiting for! Car was totaled. No surprise there... then i went out and bought a Lightning! So can i still be a part of the forum? PLEASE?? Lol
Nope, you're out.






claudermilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:58 PM   #70
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudermilk

Nope, you're out.

Hahaha, that's messed up. He said please!
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



02:30 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.