Swap 5.0 for BOSS?? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-31-2012, 09:44 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen
About 10 grand for the boss, with tax and everything. I never consider the gt500 13 due to the $$$$$$$$$$$$. But it looked soo bad a**

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

I will go look at another one tomorrow
So are you gonna buy the Boss for the 10 grand more?
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-31-2012, 11:01 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,608
I will go look at one more, but for 10k i dont think i will.
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:04 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen
I will go look at one more, but for 10k i dont think i will.
Just curious but what price difference would you want for you to pull the trigger on the Boss. What number did you have in mind? 7k difference, 6k, 5k?
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-31-2012, 11:12 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,608
7k or so
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:18 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen
7k or so
Will the dealerships work with you on getting down to your 7k. Sounds like your close. Or do the dealerships hold on the price because its the Boss 302.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:47 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

Will the dealerships work with you on getting down to your 7k. Sounds like your close. Or do the dealerships hold on the price because its the Boss 302.
The dealership I bought my car from was asking 74k for a 2012 boss Laguna Seca
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:10 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,608
I will keep looking because a Boss is f***** hard to negotiated
I think they already stopped production so if you REALLY want one some one will just buy it at the window sticker.
Yesterday all i could bring down was about 500 bucks lol

---------- Post added at 06:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire

The dealership I bought my car from was asking 74k for a 2012 boss Laguna Seca
DAMN $$$
That is nissan GTR money
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:24 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen
I will keep looking because a Boss is f***** hard to negotiated
I think they already stopped production so if you REALLY want one some one will just buy it at the window sticker.
Yesterday all i could bring down was about 500 bucks lol

---------- Post added at 06:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 AM ----------



DAMN $$$
That is nissan GTR money
Used to be. If what people keep telling me is true, the newer GTRs are going for 90-100+. i remember when base price waslike 65! Lol. Not sure if Datsun is getting wiser/greedy or if they are doing new stuff worth the difference. I read dynos on the original GTRs were in the 525 hp range, not the claimed 475.
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:59 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc

Used to be. If what people keep telling me is true, the newer GTRs are going for 90-100+. i remember when base price waslike 65! Lol. Not sure if Datsun is getting wiser/greedy or if they are doing new stuff worth the difference. I read dynos on the original GTRs were in the 525 hp range, not the claimed 475.
If only they made a manual GTR
They are great cars but for the money i would get a ZR1 or used audi R8.
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:59 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen

If only they made a manual GTR
They are great cars but for the money i would get a ZR1 or used audi R8.
I could not disagree with you more. A used GTR is better than a brand new of either of those, but a new GTR is often still cheaper than a used of those. Not always, and stripped out maybe not, but for a decent looking R8 or of the vette, no way. I guess I could see Gallardo first, but if we are talking dd, I would still go GTR, I think. (although used and unsold zr1s are dirt cheap)

Also, I like the non manual for THIS aspect. A standard can not keep up with those power andperformNce now a days. Single clutch, that is. I appreciate the Balboni edition, it is my favorite, bit if I got a 500-800 hp awd supercar, at least my first, I would rather go paddles. A standard makes weak cars alive. A Lamborghini is so alive it wants to kill me lol.

To each their own and no disrespect, I just do not trust a 150k+ chevy from reviews and seeing them, and the R8 is just a Gallardo for posh people with too much money to spend. If a car moves so quickly it doesn't have swivel headlights because no motor can keep up without burning out, then I will take flappy paddles, myself
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:28 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc

I could not disagree with you more. A used GTR is better than a brand new of either of those, but a new GTR is often still cheaper than a used of those. Not always, and stripped out maybe not, but for a decent looking R8 or of the vette, no way. I guess I could see Gallardo first, but if we are talking dd, I would still go GTR, I think. (although used and unsold zr1s are dirt cheap)

Also, I like the non manual for THIS aspect. A standard can not keep up with those power andperformNce now a days. Single clutch, that is. I appreciate the Balboni edition, it is my favorite, bit if I got a 500-800 hp awd supercar, at least my first, I would rather go paddles. A standard makes weak cars alive. A Lamborghini is so alive it wants to kill me lol.

To each their own and no disrespect, I just do not trust a 150k+ chevy from reviews and seeing them, and the R8 is just a Gallardo for posh people with too much money to spend. If a car moves so quickly it doesn't have swivel headlights because no motor can keep up without burning out, then I will take flappy paddles, myself
Dual clutch transmissions are great but i am old school, i love a good 6 spd manual, i have had the flappy paddles in previous cars and i went back to a manual.
I am a big vette fan and love the way they drive, they are just toooo scary at WOT lol
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:36 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen

Dual clutch transmissions are great but i am old school, i love a good 6 spd manual, i have had the flappy paddles in previous cars and i went back to a manual.
I am a big vette fan and love the way they drive, they are just toooo scary at WOT lol
I would go GTR if I could choose between any non GT40/44 Ford, but for Gallardo/R8 money, I would go McLaren. Was your flappy paddle a dual or single clutch?
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:34 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,608
Lol single from BMW.
I would go 458 italia over any 200k+ car not including bugatti of course.
Gtr is the BEST supercar for every day driving!
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:58 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular
 
godsdisciple85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 594
So why wouldn't you look around for a new 2012 gt500 they can be had for around 45000-48000 and that's about what people are asking for the boss IMHO that's what I would do in your shoes
godsdisciple85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:08 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular
 
Stang.racr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 915
Those folks saying they want a gtr need to google gtr yearly maintenance fees and you will change your mind, I would take a gt500 over a boss if they keep making them. If boss is limited to 3-4 years then I would most likely choose a boss.
__________________
having a fine car that is slow is like having a hot girlfriend that won't put out!
Stang.racr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:27 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang.racr
Those folks saying they want a gtr need to google gtr yearly maintenance fees and you will change your mind, I would take a gt500 over a boss if they keep making them. If boss is limited to 3-4 years then I would most likely choose a boss.
From what I've heard, the boss isn't coming back in 2014
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:33 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire

From what I've heard, the boss isn't coming back in 2014
That is what the dealer told me
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:33 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular
 
godsdisciple85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang.racr
Those folks saying they want a gtr need to google gtr yearly maintenance fees and you will change your mind, I would take a gt500 over a boss if they keep making them. If boss is limited to 3-4 years then I would most likely choose a boss.
The fact is that most people will not keep the car long enough to see it become a classic...so in that regard who cares which one is more "limited" the only way that matters is if you plan to put it in a museum for 50 years and never drive it, the op is planning on daily driving the car if I understood him correctly
godsdisciple85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:36 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,608
Holly S***** i found 3 shelbys with less than 15k miles for around 43k within 25 miles from me
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:37 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular
 
godsdisciple85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen
Holly S***** i found 3 shelbys with less than 15k miles for around 43k within 25 miles from me
Dooooo it
godsdisciple85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:37 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by godsdisciple85
So why wouldn't you look around for a new 2012 gt500 they can be had for around 45000-48000 and that's about what people are asking for the boss IMHO that's what I would do in your shoes
Thanks for the idea bro, found 3 good ones
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:38 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular
 
godsdisciple85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen

Thanks for the idea bro, found 3 good ones
No prob
godsdisciple85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:48 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,608
.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1202990322.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	227.0 KB
ID:	74385  
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:50 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular
 
godsdisciple85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen
.
Sick those miles at that price...you better go now lol you could probably weasel them down to 40k maybe?
godsdisciple85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:02 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,608
I hope it is not crashed lol
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:12 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,608
If you have a 39k track pack gt like mine, there is no reason to supercharger when you can get a 11' gt500 for the price of the SC
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:15 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular
 
godsdisciple85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 594
That's why I traded my 11 5.0 for a gt500
godsdisciple85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:44 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by godsdisciple85
That's why I traded my 11 5.0 for a gt500
It is a stupid question but i am going to ask it lol
Tell me what where the biggest difference? And your personal experience with both
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:22 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular
 
godsdisciple85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 594
well you have the iconic name the GT500 but you have a lot of potential with minimal mods...forged internals that can handle 700+ rwhp, supercharged, more displacement, styling, brakes, transmission, suspension....granted my was non brembo so from yours to the gt500 it will be about styling and pure power....low end torque is phenomenal....if I had to choose between a gt500 and a boss I would definantly choose the gt500.....

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

My experience is that the 5.0 is a beast but the power from the gt500 is unreal...the transmission is butter and it hugs the road beautifully...mine has the eibach pro plus kit minus the springs though so it might handle better than stock
godsdisciple85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:28 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by godsdisciple85
well you have the iconic name the GT500 but you have a lot of potential with minimal mods...forged internals that can handle 700+ rwhp, supercharged, more displacement, styling, brakes, transmission, suspension....granted my was non brembo so from yours to the gt500 it will be about styling and pure power....low end torque is phenomenal....if I had to choose between a gt500 and a boss I would definantly choose the gt500.....

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

My experience is that the 5.0 is a beast but the power from the gt500 is unreal...the transmission is butter and it hugs the road beautifully...mine has the eibach pro plus kit minus the springs though so it might handle better than stock
Butter transmission. Lol jk
Most I've done with a Gt500 was start it up and rev.
I wish I had the money for it
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:51 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular
 
godsdisciple85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire

Butter transmission. Lol jk
Most I've done with a Gt500 was start it up and rev.
I wish I had the money for it
Mines butter but its the tsb upgraded clutch and flywheel but its the same as the 2010+ gt500
godsdisciple85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:59 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
I never got that far.......

All he let me do was put it in neutral and rev it....
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:05 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular
 
godsdisciple85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire
I never got that far.......

All he let me do was put it in neutral and rev it....
Ahhh I see...well find a used one somewhere and act like your going to trade your boss for it they'll let you drive it lol



Lol is your car a boss or a v6 all I can see is your tiny pic on my iPhone so I can't tell but your in the v6 forums alot so idk regardless go test drive one
godsdisciple85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:16 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
It's a v6 :p

And no one is gonna let me test drive a shelby or a boss
I got lucky and test drove a GT, sooooo much fun.
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:07 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular
 
godsdisciple85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 594
Lol I just saw your profile and your 16 I wouldn't let you drive a boss or a shelby either lol
godsdisciple85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



10:08 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.