Swap 5.0 for BOSS?? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-30-2012, 06:13 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,608
Swap 5.0 for BOSS??

Ok so i just bought 3 month ago a 2013 track pack fully loaded GT and it is payed for, but now i been looking at Bosses and i am thinking of making the trade?
Is the boss really worth it? Performance and everything else? I know it is a loaded question but any input will help. Or should i just supercharge the GT?
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-30-2012, 06:26 AM   #2
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
I would supercharge the GT if you plan to actually drive it. If its gonna be a garage queen and rarely see the road, I'd say trade for the Boss.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:39 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen
Ok so i just bought 3 month ago a 2013 track pack fully loaded GT and it is payed for, but now i been looking at Bosses and i am thinking of making the trade?
Is the boss really worth it? Performance and everything else? I know it is a loaded question but any input will help. Or should i just supercharge the GT?
Well, if loosing 2 to 3k on your 3 month old 13 GT track pac is not an issue for you, go for it. Just curious, but why didn't you buy a Boss from the beginning? Do you plan to track race your car where you would see some advantages in a Boss over your 13 GT?
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-30-2012, 07:06 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,608
I had to wait too much for a boss and i needed the car right away. The car will be driven alot bc even tho i have 3 car i still drive the stang every day and race it every chance i get.
I like the exclusivity of the boss the most
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:10 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen
I had to wait too much for a boss and i needed the car right away. The car will be driven alot bc even tho i have 3 car i still drive the stang every day and race it every chance i get.
I like the exclusivity of the boss the most
Supercharge
IMO
The boss is really nice, but I feel like you can get most of the stuff from the boss onto a GT
They even have the x brace from the Laguna seca model (2012)
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:30 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen
I had to wait too much for a boss and i needed the car right away. The car will be driven alot bc even tho i have 3 car i still drive the stang every day and race it every chance i get.
I like the exclusivity of the boss the most
Looks like you know your answer. Since you want the exclusivity of the Boss then your answer is simply. Go buy a Boss and trade your 13 Gt. If its important to have numbers and letters that read 302 Boss on its side door panel, then run to that Ford dealership and buy it. Its all about what you want and what your willing to pay. Nobody can tell you what's important to you and your wants. Speaking from a financial perspective only, one would be foolish to trade in your vehicle after 3 months. Especially since you have a GT with track pack. I say foolish only from a financial aspect, not from your wanting a Boss.

I would take a supercharged 11 plus 5.0 any day of the week over a Boss but I don't track race. I only care about the acceleration from a straight line aspect not track racing. I don't care about the exclusivity of owing a Boss.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:59 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
Talking about finances, then you should leave it stock, or super charge in a few years.

I would sooner take the Boss. I like the exclusivity, but it isn't exclusive like the grabber colors, or a special badge, it is a huge compilation if things.

All the mods you want to do to your GT is done on a Boss. It is a car you don't need to modify.

I went 6 for a lot of reasons, but if I were going by your reasoning, I would have went 500 toyota camry/economy box until my Boss was ready. Again, it is all up to you, but I think Boss.
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:21 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc
Talking about finances, then you should leave it stock, or super charge in a few years.

I would sooner take the Boss. I like the exclusivity, but it isn't exclusive like the grabber colors, or a special badge, it is a huge compilation if things.

All the mods you want to do to your GT is done on a Boss. It is a car you don't need to modify.

I went 6 for a lot of reasons, but if I were going by your reasoning, I would have went 500 toyota camry/economy box until my Boss was ready. Again, it is all up to you, but I think Boss.
I think Boss as well for the OP based on his reasoning.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:46 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,608
I will be going to the dealer tomorrow to see one
Hopefully am not going to het disappointed on the car.
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:54 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
avengnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Stafford
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,643
Pay the extra cash and go Shelby...
__________________
~ Alan Mustang Livin' and www.mustanglivin.com
2014 Shelby GT500
avengnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:02 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd
Pay the extra cash and go Shelby...
If i was to buy a shelby i want a 2013 and they are a little over my budget,
Tomorrow am just doing to forget about the name boss and just drive it and if i see a difference over all then it is a done deal.
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:12 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
avengnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Stafford
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen

If i was to buy a shelby i want a 2013 and they are a little over my budget,
Tomorrow am just doing to forget about the name boss and just drive it and if i see a difference over all then it is a done deal.
Sounds good.
__________________
~ Alan Mustang Livin' and www.mustanglivin.com
2014 Shelby GT500
avengnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:23 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Boss and DD it.
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:24 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd

Sounds good.
Bro i love your car!!
Why did you choose ford racing over roush supercharger?
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:41 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
avengnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Stafford
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen

Bro i love your car!!
Why did you choose ford racing over roush supercharger?
Warranty by Ford. Really the only reason.

---------- Post added at 12:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen

Bro i love your car!!
Why did you choose ford racing over roush supercharger?
Thanks.
__________________
~ Alan Mustang Livin' and www.mustanglivin.com
2014 Shelby GT500
avengnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:54 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd

Warranty by Ford. Really the only reason.

---------- Post added at 12:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------



Thanks.
How did you paint your calipers? They look nice
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:19 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
avengnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Stafford
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen

How did you paint your calipers? They look nice
The rears are MGP caliper covers painted by them. The fronts were removed and painted by a shop locally.

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen

How did you paint your calipers? They look nice
All yellow is Fords NQ yellow blaze.
__________________
~ Alan Mustang Livin' and www.mustanglivin.com
2014 Shelby GT500
avengnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:02 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
13boss302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: burlington
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 50
McQueen you go drive boss yet?
13boss302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:57 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 1,653
Why not keep 5.0 and buy boss? If you do end up wanting it
__________________
I love speed and Nascar driving,,,
killing gears and dodging traffic,,,
-----NEHP---
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:11 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch
Why not keep 5.0 and buy boss? If you do end up wanting it
+11. 5.0 for a DD and BOSS for the weekend!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:55 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
13boss302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: burlington
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

+11. 5.0 for a DD and BOSS for the weekend!..
I think he just likes to talk. He was talking about changing his shifter next week and now he going to trade it. he reply to everything and hasn't done one thing but paint vents on hood
13boss302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:07 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13boss302

I think he just likes to talk. He was talking about changing his shifter next week and now he going to trade it. he reply to everything and hasn't done one thing but paint vents on hood
Well you can't really blame him!.. We all like to talk!.. Lol
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:21 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
13boss302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: burlington
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 50
Lol that's true. But some talk more then others
13boss302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:25 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 1,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

+11. 5.0 for a DD and BOSS for the weekend!..
That is the perfect plan
__________________
I love speed and Nascar driving,,,
killing gears and dodging traffic,,,
-----NEHP---
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:34 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13boss302

I think he just likes to talk. He was talking about changing his shifter next week and now he going to trade it. he reply to everything and hasn't done one thing but paint vents on hood
Wow i guess i have an admirer that is following my foot steps lol. I didnt know modding my car had to be a race, i have plenty of time

Well i will be going to the dealer later today around 5 bc i had to take care of a small business in the morning and that ended up taking me the whole day. I will be driving a red boss 13 and a 13 gt500 black. I will not consider the gt500 due to the $$ but why turn down a test drive of such a car. I will post some pics of the cars in just a bit.
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:36 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen

Wow i guess i have an admirer that is following my foot steps lol. I didnt know modding my car had to be a race, i have plenty of time

Well i will be going to the dealer later today around 5 bc i had to take care of a small business in the morning and that ended up taking me the whole day. I will be driving a red boss 13 and a 13 gt500 black. I will not consider the gt500 due to the $$ but why turn down a test drive of such a car. I will post some pics of the cars in just a bit.
You tell em Lighting
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:48 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,608
Boss 43xxx

Shelby 68xxx
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1390400408.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	273.8 KB
ID:	74179   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2919005945.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	179.5 KB
ID:	74180  

McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:26 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Go with Shelby if you can afford it.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:30 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
Go with Shelby if you can afford it.
It is too much, lol
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:35 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
Get x bxr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 61
Supercharge + twin turbo !!! 1000hp for sure
Get x bxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:50 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 1,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get x bxr
Supercharge + twin turbo !!! 1000hp for sure
Dont forget the nitrous รท>
__________________
I love speed and Nascar driving,,,
killing gears and dodging traffic,,,
-----NEHP---
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:03 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,608
The test drive when great but i never got to drive the 13 gt500 bc it got sold today and they had only had it for 48 hours!!!!
I did all the number with the finance guy and i had to put around 10 grand difference with tax and all, so i decided again doing the deal as i estimated that the difference was going to be a little less.
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:24 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen
The test drive when great but i never got to drive the 13 gt500 bc it got sold today and they had only had it for 48 hours!!!!
I did all the number with the finance guy and i had to put around 10 grand difference with tax and all, so i decided again doing the deal as i estimated that the difference was going to be a little less.
10 grand difference for the Boss or Gt500?
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:41 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen
Boss 43xxx

Shelby 68xxx
No engine bay pics
Shame shame
I like the color scheme of the boss more, specially if You tint the windows
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:43 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,608
About 10 grand for the boss, with tax and everything. I never consider the gt500 13 due to the $$$$$$$$$$$$. But it looked soo bad a**

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

I will go look at another one tomorrow
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



09:12 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.