Stupid maintenance plan - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-31-2012, 06:48 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Stupid maintenance plan

So, I purchased a maintenance contract with mny car. Work and a condo make working on the car impossible.

Ford messed up my contract twice, I added full synthetic every 7500mi for 75kmi. Because they messed my stuff up multiple times it was extended to 100kmi no charge, but they say it's the 10kmi interval again. I'm going back to fight for the contract I paid for. This whole thing is bull. This contract is a waste of time apparently.

Any way to tell on service receipt if they actually put synthetic in the car? Or do I need to trust the stealership?

I'll change between visits every 5kmi, but I need to know if it's syn or a blend.
Pony_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2012, 05:37 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Verified. Ford f'd up and put syn blend in my car... Now I need a change and time to chew out some poor sales rep/managers ***.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:40 PM   #3
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony_Boy
Verified. Ford f'd up and put syn blend in my car... Now I need a change and time to chew out some poor sales rep/managers ***.
That's horrible!! Have you tried a different dealership?
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2012, 06:42 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford

That's horrible!! Have you tried a different dealership?
I'm going to in the future, after I get this plan fixed. I did a lot of research and found this was best rated service dealer in the area, there are two closer to my house! I'm pissed because I'm doing storm restoration in south nj (AC, Cape May, Glossboro) and don't have time to get over there or change the oil. I'm never buying a service plan again.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:43 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Your service plan sounds like it's being upheld by an old Lotus dealership, or possibly Fiat.

Hah.

I make the jokes.
Mkolabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:55 PM   #6
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkolabin
Your service plan sounds like it's being upheld by an old Lotus dealership, or possibly Fiat.

Hah.

I make the jokes.
Hahaha that made me laugh!

---------- Post added at 12:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

Quote:

I'm going to in the future, after I get this plan fixed. I did a lot of research and found this was best rated service dealer in the area, there are two closer to my house! I'm pissed because I'm doing storm restoration in south nj (AC, Cape May, Glossboro) and don't have time to get over there or change the oil. I'm never buying a service plan again.
Wow yeah after that experience I wouldn't. Overall I view them as useless pieces of paper. The dealer always finds a way to screw me
Old 11-02-2012, 11:49 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
After working at Ford and knowing what I know now. Never buy an extended warranty. It's just extra money in the finance guys pocket. That's how they make their money. Sucks, but its true.
Silver Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:31 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I'm going after work today, I'll say how it goes....
Old 11-05-2012, 02:09 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Had plan updated to full synthetic, got a voucher for another full synthetic change for the hassle and wrong oil being in the car. Apparently service visits refer specifically to the oil change, maintenance is extended out to 100kmi regardless of service visits... Ie brake pads, air filter, belts, clutch, shocks/struts. I can't wait to hear the service adviser argue this point after the visits are over.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:25 PM   #10
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Had plan updated to full synthetic, got a voucher for another full synthetic change for the hassle and wrong oil being in the car. Apparently service visits refer specifically to the oil change, maintenance is extended out to 100kmi regardless of service visits... Ie brake pads, air filter, belts, clutch, shocks/struts. I can't wait to hear the service adviser argue this point after the visits are over.
So you got the voucher and they extended to 100K and there is no limit to how many times you can take it in?
Old 11-08-2012, 12:21 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford

So you got the voucher and they extended to 100K and there is no limit to how many times you can take it in?
Voucher is for a single oil change, the scheduled maintenance, outlined in the manual, is pre-paid and should be no charge when required. Brakes and wear items should be on an as need basis. I think regular wear on tires is the only major exception.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion