v6 or v8 - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-15-2012, 06:59 AM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Now i use to own an 04 GT and if i recall it took more then gears to dip low 13s....what mods do you have just curious...

Also lets be honest a 2v v8 wont see 400 without FI all the same. What ive been trying to tell OP is that for what he wants to do going big power isnt really needed. What he needs to research is suspension.

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 08:45 AM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix
Now i use to own an 04 GT and if i recall it took more then gears to dip low 13s....what mods do you have just curious...

Also lets be honest a 2v v8 wont see 400 without FI all the same. What ive been trying to tell OP is that for what he wants to do going big power isnt really needed. What he needs to research is suspension.
CAI, 75mm TB with matching Plenum, TB Spacer, MSD Coils, Pullies, Tune, O/R X-pipe and cat back exhaust!..

And to be honest, you can throw on every bolt-on onto a V6 and SC it and still may not see 400hp!.. Where as you can do the same on an old school 5.0 (what the op keep referring to) and get well over 400hp!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:53 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

CAI, 75mm TB with matching Plenum, TB Spacer, MSD Coils, Pullies, Tune, O/R X-pipe and cat back exhaust!..

And to be honest, you can throw on every bolt-on onto a V6 and SC it and still may not see 400hp!.. Where as you can do the same on an old school 5.0 (what the op keep referring to) and get well over 400hp!..
What if I buy a soupercoupe motor and swap out the crank to a 4.2l crank?
stangcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 04:04 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangcobra

What if I buy a soupercoupe motor and swap out the crank to a 4.2l crank?
Sorry I don't know much about the internals of the Supercoupe!.. Personally I would just get a GT or Cobra and trade in the V6!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:52 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

Sorry I don't know much about the internals of the Supercoupe!.. Personally I would just get a GT or Cobra and trade in the V6!..
Imma put my stang on craigslist after I've saved up a little over 1g. Just to see if she will sell or not.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:18 PM   #76
Road Trip!

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangcobra

Imma put my stang on craigslist after I've saved up a little over 1g. Just to see if she will sell or not.
Craigslist is full of whacko's. You could have the first 2003 terminator off the lot and put it on craigslist for 30k and have 20 people ask you if you will take 800 dollars and a snickers bar for it.
keaton5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:48 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by keaton5.0

Craigslist is full of whacko's. You could have the first 2003 terminator off the lot and put it on craigslist for 30k and have 20 people ask you if you will take 800 dollars and a snickers bar for it.
So true!
Konig wheels
Engine mods: none, why mess with perfection?
Wyomingstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:01 AM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Hey 1slosix, Do u know anything about the supercoupe motor?
Old 11-16-2012, 10:28 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I think the super coupe has around 210hp.
lemons95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:41 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post

400 is well within reach for a v6 with FI...i've helped personally on a v6 that made 420ish rwhp and around 460 ft lbs of tq on an m112...and it wasn't some huge cost out of pocket. yes you can do the same with a 5.0 of course...the dyno day we had two weeks ago saw a couple foxes full bolt ons and with nitrous hitting the 400 range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangcobra View Post
Hey 1slosix, Do u know anything about the supercoupe motor?
if you can find a donor car you'd enjoy it...a proper m90 build can leave you very happy power vs weight wise. check on youtube for m90 builds...you'll see a couple walking s197 GTs lol.

No matter what you do in the way you need to research well ahead of just diving in. I mean deep research

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:51 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post

400 is well within reach for a v6 with FI...i've helped personally on a v6 that made 420ish rwhp and around 460 ft lbs of tq on an m112...and it wasn't some huge cost out of pocket. yes you can do the same with a 5.0 of course...the dyno day we had two weeks ago saw a couple foxes full bolt ons and with nitrous hitting the 400 range.

if you can find a donor car you'd enjoy it...a proper m90 build can leave you very happy power vs weight wise. check on youtube for m90 builds...you'll see a couple walking s197 GTs lol.

No matter what you do in the way you need to research well ahead of just diving in. I mean deep research
Id only be able to get the motor w/ m90. Nothing else. It wuld be a direct drop in wuldnt it except fuel pumps. And I'm actually going v8 because hours at work got cut. v8 swap wuld leave my car in a garage for weeks/months, saving to buy a 2004 n/a 4v dohc Mustang wuld take 5+ years, and I can just slowly add money to this mustang and get the power I want. Plus better weight balance for auto cross and drifting.

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

Ill be racing at "the auto speedway" here in clio mishigan. They have a ton of competitions going on next year. Its $20, helmet, proof of registration, and proof of insurance to race.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion