Next Mod: CAI or Tune? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-05-2012, 01:12 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Klaximilian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: California
Posts: 161
Next Mod: CAI or Tune?

As much as I'd love to get both, I can only get one for now. I thought it through and the wife is telling me to get just one, and let her which one I plan to get. I think she wants to get me other one for xmas.

So, would you get the intake first or the tuner first? I plan on buying it today. I'm leaning towards a tune since I've heard that it unlocks more power and I can always retune after I get the CAI.

Thoughts?
Klaximilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-05-2012, 01:22 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
asmith2109's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 23
Yea I would go with a tune if your wanting more power, but if your wanting your stang not to look stock anymore I would go with a cold air that doesn't require a tune to make your engine bay stand out.
asmith2109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:25 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Klaximilian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: California
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by asmith2109 View Post
Yea I would go with a tune if your wanting more power, but if your wanting your stang not to look stock anymore I would go with a cold air that doesn't require a tune to make your engine bay stand out.
Good point, but I'm not going to any shows in the next few months, so that's why I'm leaning towards the tune. Definitely want more power.
Klaximilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-05-2012, 01:39 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
asmith2109's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaximilian

Good point, but I'm not going to any shows in the next few months, so that's why I'm leaning towards the tune. Definitely want more power.
Yea I went with an intake first and since then wishing I had gotten a tune first lol.
asmith2109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:08 PM   #5
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,862
Moved to General Mustang discussion
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:35 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
3dStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 124
Tune first. From my understanding you won't get much from the CAI without a tune anyway.
3dStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:53 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Other
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaximilian View Post
As much as I'd love to get both, I can only get one for now. I thought it through and the wife is telling me to get just one, and let her which one I plan to get. I think she wants to get me other one for xmas.

So, would you get the intake first or the tuner first? I plan on buying it today. I'm leaning towards a tune since I've heard that it unlocks more power and I can always retune after I get the CAI.

Thoughts?
Tuner/tune first and then a CAI. Let me know if I can help you with anything.
SteedaBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Tags
cai

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



06:47 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.