Outlaws Or Roush Axlebacks - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-05-2012, 02:10 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Outlaws Or Roush Axlebacks

What's your guys opinion? What are the difference in sounds between the two? It's for my 13' GT. How would you convince me to buy one over the other? Really excited about these!
tgmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2012, 02:16 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Gt500 2013 axle back or 13 gt500 borla quad.

If you have a 13 gt i would buy a quad exhaust over a dual tip.
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:46 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I have the 13 too and i passed up roush for the steedas. Has the tone i prefer and not obnoxious

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121105_144603.png
Views:	271
Size:	340.8 KB
ID:	74869
lwandrewz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2012, 03:01 PM   #4
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
not the greatest run but definitely a great sound! catless x with roush a/b's

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:53 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I like muffler deletes, I have slp on my 13 but I would go roush if not
Mustang32Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:23 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmeyer
What's your guys opinion? What are the difference in sounds between the two? It's for my 13' GT. How would you convince me to buy one over the other? Really excited about these!
For the price, Roush sounds bad a$$!
http://youtu.be/KYbkxmx__v4
Old 11-05-2012, 10:51 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
In my opinion, the roush was a good deal more 'tame' than the outlaws were. I've heard both in person. You don't have the drone around 2k rpms...but I also think that the roush sounds 'tinny' when it finally opens up. I bought the outlaws instead, and I haven't had a single person tell me that they didn't like it....and that's from several local car shows, from guys running borlas and corsas to guys running long duration cams/long tube headers/straight pipes.

The outlaws have a great deep rumble, complete with the pops and snaps you'd expect from muffler deletes. It's loud enough that people will know it's a mustang from a distance, but not so loud that the cops will be handing you a ticket for noise violations (in Chicago, at least).

Also, if you're looking into going catless, go for the GT500s. The car is just too damn loud for street use going catless & no mufflers.
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:27 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Got outlaws on my 13gt love em! Never had 1 bad word about them picked them for 200 used!
Apod91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:49 AM   #9
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Roush are great with no drone and scream when you get on them. Add LTs and a OR X and......well........race car.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:09 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I love my Outlaws, so does anyone who hears them. I've gotten nothing but compliments on them and I even got asked if it was 'the 650 horsepower mustang' lol. They really make the car sound beastly.
Mod List: H&R Super Sport Springs, Eibach Camber Bolts, Steeda Panhard Bar, BBK Cold Air Intake, Stack Racing Chrome Strut Tower Bar, Boss 302 Coil Pack Covers, Barton Shifter, Barton 2 Post Bracket, 4.10 Gear, 2013 Track Pack Wheels, QA1 Single Adjustable Rear Shocks, Roush Axle-back exhaust, CDC Chin Spoiler, Saleen Grille,
Defiant 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:18 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
A lot of people claim the Outlaws drone so badly that they eventually take them off.
KARgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:29 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
Roush are great with no drone and scream when you get on them. Add LTs and a OR X and......well........race car.
do you really not get any drone?

With my o/r x pipe and roush I get the most annoying drone ever on the highway when I am doing about 60-65 m.p.h. and the RPM is right about at 2000. only time.

Makes me want to put the stock mufflers on for now and sell the roush and get the GT500 axle backs.

Never mattered before, but just accepted an IT job that requires a 40 min highway drive. My ears are crying haha.

**just want to note for the OP, never had any drone before o/r X...so could also be my fault and I could have a leak, etc..**
Old 11-06-2012, 07:54 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Would borla s type with off road H pipe get drome??
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:42 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

With my o/r x pipe and roush I get the most annoying drone ever on the highway when I am doing about 60-65 m.p.h. and the RPM is right about at 2000. only time.

Makes me want to put the stock mufflers on for now and sell the roush and get the GT500 axle backs.

Never mattered before, but just accepted an IT job that requires a 40 min highway drive. My ears are crying haha.

**just want to note for the OP, never had any drone before o/r X...so could also be my fault and I could have a leak, etc..**
It's got to be the X. I have Roush & a stock H-pipe. Little to no drone, and I sit at 2000-2500 rpm on the highway most of the time. There is a little when accelerating in 6th from about 1800-2200 rpm. Easy solution is drop a gear or accelerate harder...or turn up the radio.
claudermilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:45 AM   #15
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Yea I do have a little drone around that rpm range as well, not enough for me to care. I also have some nvh from all of my suspension mods, my car is a little noisy and not for the faint of heart.... But I love it

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 11-07-2012, 12:04 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudermilk

It's got to be the X. I have Roush & a stock H-pipe. Little to no drone, and I sit at 2000-2500 rpm on the highway most of the time. There is a little when accelerating in 6th from about 1800-2200 rpm. Easy solution is drop a gear or accelerate harder...or turn up the radio.
I don't think it would be the x pipe so much as the off road aspect.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:18 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:

It's the X-pipe. I have zero drone with my Roush AB.
Klaximilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:35 PM   #18
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Are you still running cats? H or x pipe should have no bearing on drone, volume however will and running catless is farrrrr louder than running with cats on still

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 11-07-2012, 01:14 PM   #19
Regular
Supporter

It's louder with LTs and OR X but still no drone. With the windows up cruising it's still pretty tame.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:51 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
It's louder with LTs and OR X but still no drone. With the windows up cruising it's still pretty tame.
I'll have to look at my exhaust again this weekend. Hopefully it stays in the 50s and I won't freeze.

I am guessing g I either have a leak or something is touching somewhere itnisnt supposed too.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:25 PM   #21
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
I'll have to look at my exhaust again this weekend. Hopefully it stays in the 50s and I won't freeze.

I am guessing g I either have a leak or something is touching somewhere itnisnt supposed too.
Well believe me when I say its loud. A cold start in the garage is ****ing obnoxious. Once it kicks down it is almost as quiet as it was before the LTs and OR X. If I want it to be quiet going down the road I have to shift at 2k. If not then I just let her scream.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:25 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I have had my Roush for about a month. I looked at the outlaws too but did not want to deal with any of the drone that i had heard about from reviews (never driver with them) but i really like the Roush, cold start and WOT are loud and sound clean with virtually no drone at all.IMO the louder the better and the outlaws were very loud in every clip I have heard and sound really good but I personally couldn't deal with a DD with drone. I love my Roush.
BlackBetty5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion