I have an 05 v6, should I upgrade..? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-10-2012, 09:00 AM   #1

Region: Virginia
I have an 05 v6, should I upgrade..?

I bought a 05 v6 a few months ago thinking I'd save a couple grand by not getting a gt... I love it but am regretting not getting the v8. I leave for a 9 mo deployment in the navy in January so when I get back I'm thinking of selling and getting a new 13 5.0.

My other thought is to take the money I'll have saved up and do all the exterior things I've wanted to ( matte grey wrap, blk racing stripes w/ red pin stripe, wheels/rims, ) and then upgrading the interior to leather.... but I feel like I'd still want all that hp and would be wasting all that money on a car I plan to sell for a faster one.

My dilemma is speed vs looks... hmm anyone go through a similar First World Problem like this and have some advice haha?
5280APG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 09:02 AM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280APG
I bought a 05 v6 a few months ago thinking I'd save a couple grand by not getting a gt... I love it but am regretting not getting the v8. I leave for a 9 mo deployment in the navy in January so when I get back I'm thinking of selling and getting a new 13 5.0.

My other thought is to take the money I'll have saved up and do all the exterior things I've wanted to ( matte grey wrap, blk racing stripes w/ red pin stripe, wheels/rims, ) and then upgrading the interior to leather.... but I feel like I'd still want all that hp and would be wasting all that money on a car I plan to sell for a faster one.

My dilemma is speed vs looks... hmm anyone go through a similar First World Problem like this and have some advice haha?
Pick speed and looks!
Ryan7racin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:15 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan7racin View Post
Pick speed and looks!
hahaha yes!! do you think if i started doing some of the things I want to on my 05 that it would bump up the resale value at all. Ha is it too soon to trade it in ya think. I got it back in July
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 10:49 AM   #4
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Any mods you do won't help resale value, I had a F-150 I put 8,000 into and it didn't help it one bit hurt it if anything cause it was one of a kind.
I would go with the new 5.0 they are super fast and already looking really sexy from the factory.
Ryan7racin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:04 AM   #5
Sad Panda
Staff

Region: Texas
imo if you want the power get the 13. they already look good off the line. plus you dont wanna waste the money on the 05 that you could just save and put toward the 13.
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:11 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Yea don't put money into it if you're goin to get the 13
Old 11-10-2012, 06:52 PM   #7

I found a pretty sick 2012 5.0 cali special for 26k. I can trade mine in for around 8500 and still owe around 11 on my loan. How would the process with the loan work if I traded it in and took a new loan out for the 5.0?
Old 11-11-2012, 03:30 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280APG
I found a pretty sick 2012 5.0 cali special for 26k. I can trade mine in for around 8500 and still owe around 11 on my loan. How would the process with the loan work if I traded it in and took a new loan out for the 5.0?
That Cali special sounds like a great deal if it was me I would of bought if I didn't get mine lol I think they would add onto the new loan but I'm sure they would need some money down to don't forget about taxes an fees they add up quickly

---------- Post added at 04:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 AM ----------

Also you could consider a newer V6 they're almost just as fast as 05-09 gen an have the newer body style an less expensive than a new GT
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:56 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Does American muscle deliver to Philippines?
Jimizee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:38 PM   #10
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimizee
Does American muscle deliver to Philippines?
Not to sound rude, but I see that you already made a separate thread asking this question. Please try to avoid hijacking other people's threads if it doesn't pertain to the subject.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:53 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida3.7L

Not to sound rude, but I see that you already made a separate thread asking this question. Please try to avoid hijacking other people's threads if it doesn't pertain to the subject.
Am sorry new here having a hard time posting,will try to be careful tnx and god bless..
Old 11-12-2012, 03:56 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
The only thing I like about the v6 is the better gas mileage plus you can smoke some v8s off the start but will lose due to the lack of HP.
PRoss.20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:33 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRoss.20
The only thing I like about the v6 is the better gas mileage plus you can smoke some v8s off the start but will lose due to the lack of HP.
U mean aside from the gas mileage,at starting point if race v6 hit start better than v8?but eventually will loss due to hp?

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

Quote:
If upgraded till wat hp v6 could come up?700hp?lol
Old 11-12-2012, 11:09 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

U mean aside from the gas mileage,at starting point if race v6 hit start better than v8?but eventually will loss due to hp?

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

If upgraded till wat hp v6 could come up?700hp?lol
V6's generally weigh less than v8's therefore more acceleration at first but lower weight has a hard time beating the raw HP advantage a v8 has. If you get your v6 to the same HP at the opposing racers v8 you should win.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:24 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:

V6's generally weigh less than v8's therefore more acceleration at first but lower weight has a hard time beating the raw HP advantage a v8 has. If you get your v6 to the same HP at the opposing racers v8 you should win.
Torque wins races, Hp sells cars - Carroll Shelby!..

Even if you had a V6 and V8 with the exact same Hp, the V8 would still win!.. Simply due to the amount of torque it already puts out!.. Just remember when your doing mods, that just because you just added 20hp doesn't mean you added the same in torque!.. Or vise versa!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:16 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

Even if you had a V6 and V8 with the exact same Hp, the V8 would still win!.. Simply due to the amount of torque it already puts out!.. Just remember when your doing mods, that just because you just added 20hp doesn't mean you added the same in torque!.. Or vise versa!..
Sometimes it's on the driver lol...

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

Quote:

How can u get your v6 do same hp with v8?what are the things to upgrade?and how can v6 increase torque?
Old 11-13-2012, 04:17 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

+1
Old 11-13-2012, 04:21 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831

+1
+1???
Old 11-13-2012, 04:27 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

+1???
Means I agree with what that person said
Old 11-13-2012, 04:46 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

How can u get your v6 do same hp with v8?what are the things to upgrade?and how can v6 increase torque?
Put the same driver in both cars, V8 wins hands down!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:21 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Put the same driver in both cars, V8 wins hands down!..
Hehehehe
Old 11-13-2012, 11:31 PM   #22
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Quote:
For hp, you'd have to go with turbocharged, supercharged, or nitrous. A quick one for torque would be rear differential gears. From what I hear, 3.73 is best for daily drivers, while 4.10 is good for track cars.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:06 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You can get the horsepower up with a turbo or supercharger. A new CAI a new throttle body new dual exhaust new exhaust headers and new spark plugs all will help horsepower and some give you more torque as well. Plus you can change your rear gears to increase torque and acceleration.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion