which gas station - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-10-2012, 06:06 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
ebgonzalez1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 371
which gas station

I been hearing that different gas station brands differ in quality. I see this is true because the valaro gas stations in my area reduce mpg and power by a lot... over 5mpg. So basically is which station should I fill up. I heard chevron is the best then followed by shell.
__________________
"Just a lil Sixxer...."
ebgonzalez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-10-2012, 07:17 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
NewMtang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,951
Octane

What octane is the stations selling in your area?
__________________
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:18 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
ebgonzalez1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 371
87 90 and 93 I believe
__________________
"Just a lil Sixxer...."
ebgonzalez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-10-2012, 07:22 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
BlackedStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 744
I always fill my cars up at Chevron, good quality gas.
__________________
2012 V6 Performance Package
BlackedStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:24 PM   #5
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
I always fill up where it's closest to my house.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:25 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
08SteedaQ350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 881
I go Shell V-power 93

When I had my 93 300zx, I was using 93 from any & every gas station, I pulled into shell on an almost empty tank, filled up, the car came alive.
Now I have my mustang, I only fill up at Shell
08SteedaQ350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:26 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone
I always fill up where it's closest to my house.
Lol same
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:27 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
ebgonzalez1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 371
Yeha im thinking of going to chevron even though its limited where I live... theres basically a monopoly going on with ****ty gas I notice because my parents jeep starting have a rough idle engine shakes and such and mpg dropped. I dont want my baby to loose power and mpg lol
__________________
"Just a lil Sixxer...."
ebgonzalez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:55 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
TheStig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 101
I think shell is the best. Just make you never get gas well the stations tanks are being filled. If you see the tanker truck make sure you go to the next station. Could he the cause of the rough idle.
TheStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:02 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
08SteedaQ350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig
I think shell is the best. Just make you never get gas well the stations tanks are being filled. If you see the tanker truck make sure you go to the next station. Could he the cause of the rough idle.
Yeah
Just imagine koolaid mix in the bottom of a jug and pour water into it, gets cloudy.
Same thing happens when the trucks fill the station tanks. Stirs all that crap up.
Also, I try not to let my tank get below 1/4 tank. Running your tank real low burns up your fuel pump quicker.
I'll fill up, then I'll nickle and dime it to keep it full. Instead of nickle and dime it to keep me going
08SteedaQ350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:13 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
ebgonzalez1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08SteedaQ350

Yeah
Just imagine koolaid mix in the bottom of a jug and pour water into it, gets cloudy.
Same thing happens when the trucks fill the station tanks. Stirs all that crap up.
Also, I try not to let my tank get below 1/4 tank. Running your tank real low burns up your fuel pump quicker.
I'll fill up, then I'll nickle and dime it to keep it full. Instead of nickle and dime it to keep me going
Yeha I always do bur you think either chevron or shell are good
__________________
"Just a lil Sixxer...."
ebgonzalez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:18 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
08SteedaQ350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebgonzalez1

Yeha I always do bur you think either chevron or shell are good
Yeah not many chevrons around here in Baton Rouge tho. So I stick with shell. And as much as I hate to say it, I don't ever buy from mom & pop stores(gas that is).
08SteedaQ350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:21 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
ebgonzalez1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08SteedaQ350

Yeah not many chevrons around here in Baton Rouge tho. So I stick with shell. And as much as I hate to say it, I don't ever buy from mom & pop stores(gas that is).
Where I live theres just valero gas stations lefr and right... even across the block from each other... they were promoting gas cards with 12 cents lower so right now gas is 3.00 with that card deal while the shell or chevron stations every 25 miles are around 3.45-3.60 a gallon...
__________________
"Just a lil Sixxer...."
ebgonzalez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:22 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
08SteedaQ350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebgonzalez1

Where I live theres just valero gas stations lefr and right... even across the block from each other... they were promoting gas cards with 12 cents lower so right now gas is 3.00 with that card deal while the shell or chevron stations every 25 miles are around 3.45-3.60 a gallon...
Lol nice
08SteedaQ350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:24 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
ebgonzalez1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08SteedaQ350

Lol nice
Valero gas is crap though
__________________
"Just a lil Sixxer...."
ebgonzalez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:26 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
08SteedaQ350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebgonzalez1

Valero gas is crap though
Same thing my uncle says. He used to haul fuel
08SteedaQ350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:30 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
jleber123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Burlington
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 585
Well where I am I go to wawa lol. Not even sure wawa gas is good quality. Only reason why I go there is because the speak proper English lol. Not to be a total d*ck
jleber123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:32 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
08SteedaQ350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by jleber123
Well where I am I go to wawa lol. Not even sure wawa gas is good quality. Only reason why I go there is because the speak proper English lol. Not to be a total d*ck
+1
08SteedaQ350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:29 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
9tee7pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Radford
Region: Virginia
Posts: 673
I typically go to Exxon, shell and occasionally Sunoco. My car runs great on Exxon, but I get crapy gas mileage. I can typically get 1-2 mpg better with shell and 3 mpg better with Sunoco. The only problem is the closest Sunoco is 20ish miles away. I will never put BP in my car again, it ran terrible and had even worse gas mileage. Also a Gulf just went in and I was wondering what people's experiences were with them?
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:58 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
08SteedaQ350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tee7pony
I typically go to Exxon, shell and occasionally Sunoco. My car runs great on Exxon, but I get crapy gas mileage. I can typically get 1-2 mpg better with shell and 3 mpg better with Sunoco. The only problem is the closest Sunoco is 20ish miles away. I will never put BP in my car again, it ran terrible and had even worse gas mileage. Also a Gulf just went in and I was wondering what people's experiences were with them?
I haven't seen a Gulf around since the 80s lol
And since the oil spoil, I'll never use bp gas. My fuel cap even has a stamp 'Bp fuel recommended'. Not in my car!
08SteedaQ350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:44 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Terminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: California
Posts: 983
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang
I always fill my cars up at Chevron, good quality gas.
Yea chevron is good anything else in my stang I lose mpg significantly even shell gas
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:51 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
9tee7pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Radford
Region: Virginia
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator

Yea chevron is good anything else in my stang I lose mpg significantly even shell gas
I just looked and the nearest chevron is only 7 miles away, but it is in the opposite direction that I ever go, it would take me 20 cuz of the traffic and its in a sketch part of town.
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:06 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08SteedaQ350

I haven't seen a Gulf around since the 80s lol
And since the oil spoil, I'll never use bp gas. My fuel cap even has a stamp 'Bp fuel recommended'. Not in my car!
Ya I haven't seen a Gulf station since I was a kid!.. Back in the '80s!... Lol And personally I won't use BP either, but that mostly because around here they are about 20-30 cents more per gallon!... I do prefer Shell, then Sunoco, and Chevron!.. Will never fill up at a Mom and Pop gas station!.. Gas they usually get is barely better than water!.. Though I will stop in them for Road Snacks!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:47 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
Nocheala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Gulfport
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 83
100 octane is what I use to go with, but since I moved here not anymore. Good luck trying to find it here in MS, better off going to the rig and making it myself
__________________
Risking our lives, so others may live!
Nocheala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:01 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
wc3john's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 692
I've always had good luck with qt branded gas. But that's just me
__________________


I chug syrup for money...
wc3john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:31 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
08SteedaQ350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

Ya I haven't seen a Gulf station since I was a kid!.. Back in the '80s!... Lol And personally I won't use BP either, but that mostly because around here they are about 20-30 cents more per gallon!... I do prefer Shell, then Sunoco, and Chevron!.. Will never fill up at a Mom and Pop gas station!.. Gas they usually get is barely better than water!.. Though I will stop in them for Road Snacks!..
I'm all about supporting mom & pop shops on everything except fuel.
08SteedaQ350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:39 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Tpost08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 624
Don't know if this is where I am or everywhere. But we have the 10% ethanol in all of our gas. Except from the mom and pop store by my house. Haven't ever used it. But I've heard it's better and really brings the cars to life.
Tpost08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:43 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
08SteedaQ350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpost08
Don't know if this is where I am or everywhere. But we have the 10% ethanol in all of our gas. Except from the mom and pop store by my house. Haven't ever used it. But I've heard it's better and really brings the cars to life.
Fuel systems are being designed to run with ethanol. Unless you run old school.
Nissan changed fuel systems on the 300zx in mid 1992. My 300zx was a 93. I ran ethanol free or fuel with minimal ethanol in it for the longest, only to find out that it was the new fuel system in the car. So then I filler er up with shell v-power, he came alive

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3534301010.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	439.0 KB
ID:	75555
08SteedaQ350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:17 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08SteedaQ350

I'm all about supporting mom & pop shops on everything except fuel.
+11
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:37 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
pwrby4d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 1,020
I use everything. Valero is close to me and some of the superemarkets like Fry's and Safeway sell gas too and I use that as well. If you can find gas that doesnt have any ethanol in it that is the best you could use regardless of grade.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:44 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
pwrby4d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 1,020
I kinda feel this way about it. All the gas comes off the same tankers now. It might have made a difference a few years ago but now all the gas is **** and it all comes from the same refineries now. Years ago their were more refineries to choose from. It all has ethanol in it now...

Is Valero gas as good as Chevron or Shell gas? - Yahoo! Answers
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:47 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
08SteedaQ350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrby4d
I kinda feel this way about it. All the gas comes off the same tankers now. It might have made a difference a few years ago but now all the gas is **** and it all comes from the same refineries now. Years ago their were more refineries to choose from. It all has ethanol in it now...

Is Valero gas as good as Chevron or Shell gas? - Yahoo! Answers
+1
My uncle works at a refinery. When I was concerned about the ethanol levels for my 300zx, he told me not to worry, like you said, there is ethanol in all gasoline.
08SteedaQ350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:44 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
ebgonzalez1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 371
Ofcourse they all come from all the same place but each company has its own mixture if not there would not be any variation of gasoline stations.there is variation in it, what spark my interest in this was that I started seeing and hearing of vhicles going into the shops due to low quality gasoline and wondered if I was doing wrong in going for the cheap stuff :-\
__________________
"Just a lil Sixxer...."
ebgonzalez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:50 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
08SteedaQ350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebgonzalez1
Ofcourse they all come from all the same place but each company has its own mixture if not there would not be any variation of gasoline stations.there is variation in it, what spark my interest in this was that I started seeing and hearing of vhicles going into the shops due to low quality gasoline and wondered if I was doing wrong in going for the cheap stuff :-\
I've been using nothing but 93 since 2001
08SteedaQ350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



08:34 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.