Ford mustang - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-14-2012, 05:14 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jimizee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Other
Posts: 42
Ford mustang

Who knows wen will ford mustang sell parts and accessories for 2013 models?wat I mean ford itself will sell
Jimizee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-14-2012, 05:48 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Nocheala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Gulfport
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimizee
Who knows wen will ford mustang sell parts and accessories for 2013 models?wat I mean ford itself will sell
Not sure but you can e-mail them at ford.com and they will have a rep contact you.
__________________
Risking our lives, so others may live!
Nocheala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:03 AM   #3
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
Depends on what you are looking for...I doubt Ford will put a lot of money into engine performance goodies other than what they already have for the 3.7 (racing cat back, CAI, etc). The reason is that there's a strong rumor that the 3.7 V6 gets dropped in 2015, and gets replaced with an eco-boost 4 cylinder as the entry level Mustang. This 4 banger may put out the same HP as the V6 according to some stories.

So, most body panel stuff will fit your 2013, such as side scoops, rear side window covers, etc. Best thing is to go visit your local Ford dealer and ask to view their special parts catalog. Most parts guys will show you what's currently available.

The aftermarket already has some 2013 type parts. I'm not a fan of the large black rear license plate area, but I've seen a replacement for it that has large side scoops that make it much better looking. Plus, the front end now has more options for lower lip (spoiler) then the 2011/2012 V6 models. I'm guessing from your other posts that because of your location, no vendor ships to your location. Have any family in the states? Have them buy then ship to you.
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-14-2012, 06:23 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
MrMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko
Depends on what you are looking for...I doubt Ford will put a lot of money into engine performance goodies other than what they already have for the 3.7 (racing cat back, CAI, etc). The reason is that there's a strong rumor that the 3.7 V6 gets dropped in 2015, and gets replaced with an eco-boost 4 cylinder as the entry level Mustang. This 4 banger may put out the same HP as the V6 according to some stories.

So, most body panel stuff will fit your 2013, such as side scoops, rear side window covers, etc. Best thing is to go visit your local Ford dealer and ask to view their special parts catalog. Most parts guys will show you what's currently available.

The aftermarket already has some 2013 type parts. I'm not a fan of the large black rear license plate area, but I've seen a replacement for it that has large side scoops that make it much better looking. Plus, the front end now has more options for lower lip (spoiler) then the 2011/2012 V6 models. I'm guessing from your other posts that because of your location, no vendor ships to your location. Have any family in the states? Have them buy then ship to you.
Strong possibility of a 4 bangger Eco, but from what I read Ford has no plans to drop the new 3.7. There are rumors however that it will be turbo or supercharged and the v8 will be more of a speciality model because of the mustangs now global marketing and rising fuel cost. We will see shortly!
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:28 AM   #5
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
I for one would like to see the 3.7 stay, as I'm a huge V6 fan. It would help us with the aftermarket parts too if it stays.

I also own a Ford F150 with the 4.2 V6; it's got over 100K and still runs strong. I never have had any problems with it to date.

Ever since I bought a Buick Grand National back in 1985, I've liked the V6 potential, and good gas mileage.

Even with the trash talk V8 owners like to pass onto V6 owners, I've remained a loyal fan of the V6's.
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:38 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
MrMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko
I for one would like to see the 3.7 stay, as I'm a huge V6 fan. It would help us with the aftermarket parts too if it stays.

I also own a Ford F150 with the 4.2 V6; it's got over 100K and still runs strong. I never have had any problems with it to date.

Ever since I bought a Buick Grand National back in 1985, I've liked the V6 potential, and good gas mileage.

Even with the trash talk V8 owners like to pass onto V6 owners, I've remained a loyal fan of the V6's.
The 3.7 is a perfect motor for this car imo, nothing against the v8 owners but for the average Joe it can get pricey to own and operate! It would be a HUGE mistake on fords part to scrap a world class new engine that has received nothing but praise from owners and media! Ford don't do it!
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:48 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
audioAl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 604
Amen to that brother! The 3.7 is so strong I am applying badges. Can't wait for my 3.55:1
gear.
__________________
2014 DIB 3.7 "Blue Cyclone" on 275/40/18 RE 760 Sports/Sold
2016 ruby red GT 300 A with 3.55:1 gear/SVE resonator delete X-pipe/ UPR catch can/Airaid/AEM/J&M Bushings/ BMR cradle lockout/BMR CB006 brace/BMR cc bolts/S-04 pole position'
audioAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:46 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Nocheala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Gulfport
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko
. I'm guessing from your other posts that because of your location, no vendor ships to your location. Have any family in the states? Have them buy then ship to you.
Also keep in mind that if you are military or have a friend that as an APO address, some venders will send you items that was, normally.via SAM and there are some weight restrictions, but you could get some of what you want that way. Good luck, sorry to see you having a hard time over there with parts.
__________________
Risking our lives, so others may live!
Nocheala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:21 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
MrMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioAl
Amen to that brother! The 3.7 is so strong I am applying badges. Can't wait for my 3.55:1
gear.
Nice,it will really pull off the line! Getting my 3.73 in the spring!
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:58 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jimizee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Other
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko
I for one would like to see the 3.7 stay, as I'm a huge V6 fan. It would help us with the aftermarket parts too if it stays.

I also own a Ford F150 with the 4.2 V6; it's got over 100K and still runs strong. I never have had any problems with it to date.

Ever since I bought a Buick Grand National back in 1985, I've liked the V6 potential, and good gas mileage.

Even with the trash talk V8 owners like to pass onto V6 owners, I've remained a loyal fan of the V6's.
Lol I know v8 owners almost all of them be little v6,but like wat you've said,mee too is a fan of v6..as long as its a mustang hehe,good gas mileage wat can I say.i don't have too run too fast like the v8 does coz v6 can run fast and I'm not into racing,it's more of a toy for me and food for the eye..but if they be little my v6,then they have to beat my big bike BMW s1000rr racing machine,now even the fastest car Bugatti can't beat BMW s1000rr...
Jimizee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:26 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
rebeltx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 809
Must say, I see more and more people going towards gears every day here. There defiantly a good bang for the buck but it is also one of those things that you couldn't take off for warranty purposes. Granted, ford tech's won't be pulling your rear end apart for fun... Then again, you could get the one tech that owns a stang and he would notice that you have done something as soon as he gets in to put it on a lift... Just a thought.
__________________
"Turn the mic back on" -Winston Churchill
rebeltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



01:42 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.