2013 Mustang 3.7 vs. GT 5.0 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-15-2012, 09:45 PM   #1

Region: California
2013 Mustang 3.7 vs. GT 5.0

The Track apps brake assist, etc. what other amazing technology is there in the new 2013 Mustang? I am thinking of getting one, trading in my 2007 4.0 liter Naturally Aspirated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 09:55 PM   #2
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Thread moved to general mustang discussions

There is soooo much new technology, you gotta be a little more specific, what is it you're wanting to know? And what part of this is a comparison between the 5.0 and 3.7?

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 11-16-2012, 01:21 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
Thread moved to general mustang discussions

There is soooo much new technology, you gotta be a little more specific, what is it you're wanting to know? And what part of this is a comparison between the 5.0 and 3.7?
Just a general rhetoric question. Now that i see someone actually cares, Monetary wise, I' m in the Market for a Brand new 3.7 Liter, but desiring the 5.0. Are they any different regarding those features? This is my first post, I'm a Mustang owner and enthusiast. Now that we are engaged in an actual conversion I'll will be more specific. You seem to have a lot of answers...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 05:03 AM   #4
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMill78

Just a general rhetoric question. Now that i see someone actually cares, Monetary wise, I' m in the Market for a Brand new 3.7 Liter, but desiring the 5.0. Are they any different regarding those features? This is my first post, I'm a Mustang owner and enthusiast. Now that we are engaged in an actual conversion I'll will be more specific. You seem to have a lot of answers...
As far as tech and gadgets, you can get all of the same options on either the v6 or the v8. Now obviously the two motors are very different and in the end comes down to a couple of things: fuel economy or power? Can you afford the 5.0? Would you be more satisfied at the end of the day knowing you had a v6/v8 sitting in your driveway? Can you afford a 5.0?

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 11-16-2012, 08:00 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0

As far as tech and gadgets, you can get all of the same options on either the v6 or the v8. Now obviously the two motors are very different and in the end comes down to a couple of things: fuel economy or power? Can you afford the 5.0? Would you be more satisfied at the end of the day knowing you had a v6/v8 sitting in your driveway? Can you afford a 5.0?
Touché lol. I will see in a couple of months if my monetary situation will permit me to get into "V8(dom)" world; but yes 5.0's start their price point brand new under $30,000? I don't want to miss out on the 2013 experience. I am still in research mode.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:07 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
The 5.0 is worth selling an organ or two for in my opinion
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
Old 11-16-2012, 08:20 AM   #7
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana

If funds are questionable right now, I would consider waiting so you can buy the 5.0. Well worth the wait.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:12 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Have you hit a Ford dealer? Grabbed a brochure? AFAIK the options packages are mostly the same for interior stuff. I didn't really look much as I already made my V6/V8 decision before looking that deep & when the time came, my car showed up on the lot, so I jumped quickly.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:54 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
LOL!! That is AWESOME!!

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure

If funds are questionable right now, I would consider waiting so you can buy the 5.0. Well worth the wait.
I agree, and I hope I will be in the market for the 5.0 next spring.

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudermilk
Have you hit a Ford dealer? Grabbed a brochure? AFAIK the options packages are mostly the same for interior stuff. I didn't really look much as I already made my V6/V8 decision before looking that deep & when the time came, my car showed up on the lot, so I jumped quickly.
I am a 2007 Mustang 4.0 v6 owner and I study Mustangs everyday. I just wanted to hear from other Mustang enthusiasts and owners. Great advice
Old 11-17-2012, 02:57 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
If you know anyone looking for an organ.....I will sell 1 or 2
Old 11-18-2012, 04:09 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08SteedaQ350

If you know anyone looking for an organ.....I will sell 1 or 2
Lol!!
Old 12-31-2012, 11:55 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
I went with the V6. With my mods, my Pony can take a stock 5.0... I also get pretty good gas mileage. I test drove the 5.0 and ended up getting the V6 because it is so much lighter and nimble. Plus, only a couple grand and your power to weight ratio is above the GT.

To each his/her own. In my opinion, you're buying the emblem.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:38 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Puma View Post
I went with the V6. With my mods, my Pony can take a stock 5.0... I also get pretty good gas mileage. I test drove the 5.0 and ended up getting the V6 because it is so much lighter and nimble. Plus, only a couple grand and your power to weight ratio is above the GT.

...and 100hp or so. The V6 is only like 100# lighter. Thats like a fat vs skinny driver and the v6 doesnt have better suspension parts so how is it more nimble? You have 100+ hps added already? What are your mods?
Old 12-31-2012, 12:54 PM   #14
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:

I find ^this a little hard to believe. What are your mods?
Old 12-31-2012, 12:58 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Much more than a hundred pounds. You think the difference between the V6 and V8 is that little? The engine alone is waaay more than that. Not to mention the chassis. Look up the specs.

http://media.ford.com/images/10031/2...g_GT_Specs.pdf

http://media.ford.com/images/10031/2...g_V6_Specs.pdf

As for more nimble, the V6 weighs a lot less. Read any review or take a test drive and you will know. The GT is a boat next to the smaller V6. Don't get me wrong, it still handles, but not even close.

And as any enthusiasts know, it's power to weight. Not just power. I'm not going to argue, I was on my way to town yesterday and raced a GT light to light. Took him 3/3 times. My baby is a little sleeper. She dominates the GT.

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

I didn't say I have the same horsepower as a GT. I said I can take a GT. I weigh less and know how to drive and can take a stock GT. you guys shouldn't get so offended. (hence why I said you're buying an emblem, people are getting all touchy when they hear a V6 stomp an 8)
Old 12-31-2012, 01:04 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

3.73's, CAI, headers, o/r x pipe, Pypes axles, Pirellis, tune, sway bar w/ tower strut, 4" aluminum ds, a few other small stuff, I run 93 octane too. Manual transmission and a good understanding of shifty clutch work.

Not trying to talk **** on the 5.0. I originally got mine because how light it is on its feet and fuel economy. Later decided to make it a sleeper and black it all out.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:16 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I say save up and get the 5.0. Stock for stock and mod for mod there's no other Mustang that will match it from the factory.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:18 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Checked out those links Puma and you have a good point, .1 vs .08 power to weight ratio approx on v6 vs. GT. Im glad I paid for my extra two cylinders personally because of the possibilities down the road with mods. Glad you're loving your sixxer though!
Old 12-31-2012, 01:24 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

I agree with that. The GT has more options with modding, a lot more options. I had already got mine before I wanted to mod it. This is my first Pony so I didn't know any better. Making the best with what I have. After I save about two more grand, I'm going forced induction.

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

Plus, the six has enough power for your average driver. Stock, I was stomping the German autos over here in Europe.

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
I say save up and get the 5.0. Stock for stock and mod for mod there's no other Mustang that will match it from the factory.
Except the Boss or the GT500? Lol.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:14 PM   #20
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
3.73's, CAI, headers, o/r x pipe, Pypes axles, Pirellis, tune, sway bar w/ tower strut, 4" aluminum ds, a few other small stuff, I run 93 octane too. Manual transmission and a good understanding of shifty clutch work.

Not trying to talk **** on the 5.0. I originally got mine because how light it is on its feet and fuel economy. Later decided to make it a sleeper and black it all out.
So, you're saying with the mods ^here, you can take a 5.0 at the track?
Old 12-31-2012, 02:22 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Not many places to race here in Germany, less you want to go against tuners and Mercedes/BMW. They're all stock anyway. But the are a few Americans here with 5.0's and I haven't lost to a single one, or SS Camaro. So I really can't say anything about a track. All stop light to stop light.

Just my opinion, I think it's too heavy...
Old 12-31-2012, 02:28 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Don't post about street racing. Just saying.

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
Old 12-31-2012, 02:32 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Ummm... Sorry... I live in Europe, though. I'm sure the polizei aren't on this forum looking for me.

Unless its against forum rules?
Old 12-31-2012, 02:36 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Yes forum rules

Old 12-31-2012, 02:39 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Whoops. My apologies. I honestly didn't see anything about that when I read the rules when I joined. I appreciate the heads up. Thank you.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:07 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Much more than a hundred pounds. You think the difference between the V6 and V8 is that little? The engine alone is waaay more than that. Not to mention the chassis. Look up the specs.
http://media.ford.com/images/10031/2...g_GT_Specs.pdf

Home | Ford Motor Company Newsroom
I did, right before I posted. However, those links are for 2012. Well, the first one is, the second one is the wrong link. Here's the link for the 2012 V6:

2012 V6: http://media.ford.com/images/10031/2...tang_Specs.pdf

The difference in the links you posted is 133 pounds, so thank you for making my point. But here are the links for 2013, which we were talking about (note the thread title), with an even smaller difference of 95 pounds:

2013 V6: http://media.ford.com/images/10031/2...tang_Specs.pdf

2013 GT: http://media.ford.com/images/10031/2...ngGT_Specs.pdf

Quote:
As for more nimble, the V6 weighs a lot less.
No, it weighs 95 pounds less. See the links above.

Quote:
Read any review or take a test drive and you will know. The GT is a boat next to the smaller V6. Don't get me wrong, it still handles, but not even close.
Smaller V6 and not even close handling? They're the same body style and the GT has better suspension. WTF are you talking about?

Quote:
And as any enthusiasts know, it's power to weight. Not just power. I'm not going to argue, I was on my way to town yesterday and raced a GT light to light. Took him 3/3 times. My baby is a little sleeper. She dominates the GT.[COLOR="Silver"]
You're also a story teller or misinformed. I've owned both. Where's that mod list?

Quote:
you guys shouldn't get so offended. (hence why I said you're buying an emblem, people are getting all touchy when they hear a V6 stomp an 8)
I'm not offended. I know you want to feel better about your V6 by spouting sh*t and the 11+ V6 is a great car, but if you think 100 less pounds and some bolt ons makes it a GT killer, you're sadly uninformed. Your grandmother must have been driving that GT.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:17 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Haha. Way to prove my point by acting like a bunch of square bear cry babies. Sorry to insult your pride and joy, but my sixer is a 5.0 stomper. I've seen it done, through my own windshield. And rear view. The GT, stock to stock, only takes by a car length in the 1/4. Do some research about 1/4's and driving mountain roads. The six glides through turns the GT hurts trying to hang. And the acceleration 0-100 mph isn't that big a difference a 'few' bolt ons can't handle.

I'm unsubscribed from this post. Not gonna argue with a bunch of arrogant enthusiasts unwilling to do research or review themselves. I could make up **** all day and quote what I don't know about. Then my argument would be just as valid as yours. Happy New Years friends and fellow pony haters... I meant enthusiasts.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:20 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Run away! Run away! lol
Old 12-31-2012, 03:23 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Wow so a V6 is now better than a 5.0, i have seen it all now lol
Old 12-31-2012, 03:31 PM   #30
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post
Wow so a V6 is now better than a 5.0, i have seen it all now lol
Yeah, funny isn't it? I'm sorry, 'The Puma' has proven nothing. I don't understand how 5.0 owners calling out BS can be called "pony haters'. I love all Mustangs, but can't stand BS and the people who try to start silly Internet slappy fights by posting BS. The Puma, please stop the BS.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:05 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

The V6 with bolt-ons and gears is a low 13 sec car, the fastest one publicly known has barely broke into the 12s.

5.0s are mid to low 12s STOCK.

I love my sixxer, but they aren't a GT stomper until you add boost.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Old 12-31-2012, 04:07 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Haha I lied. I checked back in. I was curious all the *****erade comments after I left. And they are thick. Again, dudes... All I said was a modded V6 can smash a stock V8. I guarantee, not a V8 in here could touch a GT-R, fastest production V6 in the world.
Who?
No one...?
That's right.
Someone is always faster ladies. Sometimes, it trips you out. Others, it doesn't.
Stop being a bunch of butt hurt bears. Get over your emblems!!
Get over yourselves. Cylinders don't equal wins. My guess, you all are a bunch of stock riders relying on your emblem and title to win it for you, not performance or time put it working on making it better. Have fun stockers.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:17 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Why come here new and start BS. That's not earning respect.

Old 12-31-2012, 04:21 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

I'm not earning crap. Got nothing to prove. Just like trolling crybabies. Sorry that ten thousand dollar emblem causes me to feel sorry for your dick, bro. My bad.

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
The V6 with bolt-ons and gears is a low 13 sec car, the fastest one publicly known has barely broke into the 12s.

5.0s are mid to low 12s STOCK.

I love my sixxer, but they aren't a GT stomper until you add boost.
You're high on AIDS.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:22 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

I'd like to see you run against a highly modded 5.0 then who would be crying. Ignorance.

Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Tags
2013 mustang