to the 5.0 guys - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-20-2012, 02:51 PM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: California
to the 5.0 guys

How do you like that car?? I might be getting one next year and i want to know if it will be a good decission.. Or a ss or challenger.. I love muscle cars
Andy714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 03:02 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy714
How do you like that car?? I might be getting one next year and i want to know if it will be a good decission.. Or a ss or challenger.. I love muscle cars
Drive the challenger and then drive the mustang. You won't want to drive the challenger again. Unless you like driving a big boat on the road.

I don't think your going to find a single person in here who hates their 5.0

From the ability to mod and make it your own more so than the challenger, more compact, personally I think the mustang handles better stock, also the mustang is faster stock. If you get a 2013 or 2014 you would be getting the track apps and real time engine stats. Something I wish I had in my 2011.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:11 PM   #3
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Absolutely love mine, SS is slower and fat, challenger 392 (that's the 48k challenger btw) is slightly faster and fat, stock for stock of course.

No car can be customized as much as the mustang, and it costs less, can't go wrong with one

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 03:13 PM   #4
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy714
Basically, it's a refined version of your car with twice the horsepower. If you like your car, you'll love the 5.0.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:24 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wyoming
I haven't drove the challenger so I can't comment on that however was in the market to buy the new ford explorer last spring. On the way to the dealer, I noticed an ss Camaro vert on a Chevy lot. I stopped to look at it and ended up taking it for a test drive. I was impressed with the ride and horses but regained my common sense and headed to the Ford dealer to look at Explorers. You guessed it, a red candy GT vert caught my eye as I was test driving an explorer. The Mustang fit me better, felt more responsive and overall, seemed tighter. It now sets in my garage. Who needs 4 wheel drive in Wyoming anyway
Konig wheels
Engine mods: none, why mess with perfection?
Wyomingstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:26 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

You'll have to pay the gas guzzler tax on that challenger too!
Old 11-20-2012, 03:33 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
As stated above... Go 5.0! Best bang for your buck without a doubt, faster than Camaro, lighter easier to mod, the list goes on and yea if u enjoy your car then you will fall for the 5.0 trust me.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:36 PM   #8
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

I drove the SRT8 Challenger. It was a badass. I liked how clumsy it felt. I really liked the interior. I didn't bother testing out the SS. I didn't like the interior or the blind spots. I choose the mustang because it was more power per dollar and the aftermarket was all over it. I'm happy with my choice.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:22 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy714 View Post
I could not possibly be happier with mine, and I did the research for about 18 months.

First off, I had a clean, low mile (40k) 1998 WS6 Trans Am, which was paid off, and I was in no hurry but I knew I wanted to get something different.

I went and drove and looked at C6 Corvette models, SS Camaros, Cadillac CTS models, Challengers, and everything from the other side of the pond including Audi, BMW, and Mercedes. This was the only car that got under my skin and I couldn't deny it. I stalked my current 2011 GT California Special for nearly 2 months as I watched the price drop and drop as it was for sale on the wrong lot... an Acura dealer. Clearly not the kind of thing you'd go to buy at an Acura dealer. Just before they were set to send it to auction, I made an offer and it was approved. I was so stupid for not buying it sooner, I was so in love from the first time I drove it.

So, that being said, go do your homework, so when you buy it, you'll know what a fantastic car it is.
IanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:38 PM   #10
Road Trip!

Sounds great ive always wantd a 5.0 im sure ill get it next summer then . Thanks guys
Andy714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:43 PM   #11
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
Moved to "general mustang discussion"
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:19 PM   #12
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

The 5.0 is the best bang for the buck if you want a coupe. If I had to get a family car I would seriously pick up a Charger SRT8. Great looking cars for a sedan with all the power you need to smile while hauling around the rug rats.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:26 PM   #13
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
The 5.0 is the best bang for the buck if you want a coupe. If I had to get a family car I would seriously pick up a Charger SRT8. Great looking cars for a sedan with all the power you need to smile while hauling around the rug rats.
I stuff my rug rats into the back space of my mustang that they call a backseat. Lol
Old 11-20-2012, 06:04 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone

I stuff my rug rats into the back space of my mustang that they call a backseat. Lol
For me having the backseat that way is awesome. When my group of friends decide to do something with a decent drive and car pool, I never have to drive. Less gas I have to buy.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:19 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I love my 5.0 so much that I learned to drive a stick just so I can take him home My previous car was a Mitsubishi Lancer (not the Evo,) so it was a pretty big jump for me.

My 2012 GT Premium.
Six Speed Manual
Forgestar CF10s
Dcobra31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:30 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I traded my rt challenger in for my gt mustang...good things and bad about the trade honestly...

Things I liked about the challenger, was its roomy on the inside, I got way more looks in the chally, and I know some say it is cheaper to mod a mustang but my 10 challenger was pretty comparable.. And also since my challenger was a 10, the PCM was not locked yet, so I could program away...

Now I would not trade my stang for anything, I am happy I traded in the ol dodge...
Old 11-21-2012, 10:18 PM   #17

sit inside a Camaro....disgusting interior, it feels like a little kids car from toys r us.

5.0 is only a week old and I dont think I could be any happier
hastethedav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:20 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hastethedav
sit inside a Camaro....disgusting interior, it feels like a little kids car from toys r us.

5.0 is only a week old and I dont think I could be any happier
I don't know about disgusting interior. I didn't like the layout but it wasn't terrible. What I hated more was the weird "futuristic" exterior and the terrible visibility. That and it felt like it crawled com paired to the 5.0. That was almost 2 years ago though!
Old 11-22-2012, 11:39 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I wouldn't touch a challenger except for the 392 and its a LOT more money than the stang. Wouldn't touch a camaro except for the zl1 and its as much as the GT500 and SLOWER.

Mustang all the way!

2015 Mustang GT Premium. No mods yet.
Jgill1992 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion