Question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-24-2012, 08:16 PM   #1

Region: California
Question

I have a 98 Mustang GT its in good condition, runs great very nice ride ,Im trying to sell it and according to the Kelly blue book its worth $3,800 it has 195,000 miles on it, also modified being no cats, all cold air intake, throttle body, so my question is am I asking to much ($3,800)? Does it being modified have anything to do with the price im asking do I go lower, higher? Just not sure about this any help would be great
Thanks All
Gina
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 08:43 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
If you can sit on it, stick to your guns. If you got to get it gone, be willing to negotiate...
lwandrewz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:54 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Region: Massachusetts
195k go lower if u wanna sell
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 12:09 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Wow, no intro or trying to make nice? Just straight to trying to sell your mustang, that isn't what this forum is for
McNassty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:33 PM   #5

wow sorry didn't mean to offend you. Let me start over.
Hi everyone my name is Gina im new here and I have a question. Is there another forum that I go to for questions?

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

Thanks for the feedback. I can sit on it im in no hurry to sell, but with it being modified u think I can still get $3,800 because it will not smog? Thanks again for ur feedback
Old 11-25-2012, 01:56 PM   #6
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina
I have a 98 Mustang GT its in good condition, runs great very nice ride ,Im trying to sell it and according to the Kelly blue book its worth $3,800 it has 195,000 miles on it, also modified being no cats, all cold air intake, throttle body, so my question is am I asking to much ($3,800)? Does it being modified have anything to do with the price im asking do I go lower, higher? Just not sure about this any help would be great
Thanks All
Gina
I think you got the right price, but what may be killing you is not having the cats on. Just be patient and you will sell it eventually.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:27 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I don't think I would advertise that it does to have cats... That's just me..

As far as selling I guess it depends on how you are advertising it... Putting it in a newspaper? Who reads those anymore... Craigslist? Auto trader? eBay? Forums like this one? On consignment somewhere... If you want 3800 I am sure you will get it.. May hit 200k before you sell it..

Welcome to the forums gina! hopefully your trying to sell this one to get a new 2013 model!
Old 11-25-2012, 02:29 PM   #8

Thanks for the feedback I will just sit on it and see what happens
Old 11-25-2012, 02:47 PM   #9

Thanks Am3gross, I have it on craigslist, I have been trying not to drive it to much because I was worried bout the miles.

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

Thanks 99ford, yea I figured the no cats was gonna be a problem but I took it to a shop and they quoted me $4,000 for them that was a little pricey for me. I bought the car that way

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion