Dashboard Lights - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-25-2012, 01:59 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Dashboard Lights

Hey everyone, just have a quick question hoping for an easy answer. I have never seen any dash lights come on in my car expect when it's in accessory mode. My tire pressure got down to 9LBS before and
Pzw

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

No lights ever came in, also I use my control control and no lights has ever come in. Please help
sLbxO143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 02:14 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
A trip to the dealer may be in order, I hate electrical issues, to many variables, or maybe I'm just an idiot! Lol.. Good luck hopefully you get an answer
Old 11-25-2012, 02:22 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

It isn't affecting the car at all, thought it was just a little weird that I've never seen a light come on the dash when driving besides the fuel light and parking brake light. All the lights come on when the key is on accessory. So was just wondering if anyone had the same issue it is 04 GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 05:55 PM   #4
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
I don't believe the '04s had a TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System), I know I didn't when I had my '05 GT, which would be why you didn't get a Low Tire Pressure warning. As for your other dashboard symbology, I would try to purposefully make each one come on to be sure that they are working, I.E. set your parking brake and see if the Brake symbol comes on.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:45 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida3.7L
I don't believe the '04s had a TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System), I know I didn't when I had my '05 GT, which would be why you didn't get a Low Tire Pressure warning. As for your other dashboard symbology, I would try to purposefully make each one come on to be sure that they are working, I.E. set your parking brake and see if the Brake symbol comes on.
Well that helps about the tire pressure lol, and yeah the parking brake works and the seatbelt one works and obv the low fuel works. So I guess they all work lol I was just wondering why the tire pressure wouldn't come on when it was at 9LBs lol. The only other one is I have never seen the oil light come on and it has gotten down to 1/4 quart of oil. All the others seem to be good. Thank you for all your help
Old 11-25-2012, 09:44 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by sLbxO143

Well that helps about the tire pressure lol, and yeah the parking brake works and the seatbelt one works and obv the low fuel works. So I guess they all work lol I was just wondering why the tire pressure wouldn't come on when it was at 9LBs lol. The only other one is I have never seen the oil light come on and it has gotten down to 1/4 quart of oil. All the others seem to be good. Thank you for all your help
There is actually a trick to make all your lights show up. All you have to do is hold your trip odometer button, turn your key to the on position but don't start it, it will take about 5 seconds for it to enter and it will first go thru a gauge sweep. Then hit the trip button again and it will do a dash light test. It will even tell you your distance to empty (DTE) but you will have to hit it several more times. Hope this helps
sally2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:30 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally2002

There is actually a trick to make all your lights show up. All you have to do is hold your trip odometer button, turn your key to the on position but don't start it, it will take about 5 seconds for it to enter and it will first go thru a gauge sweep. Then hit the trip button again and it will do a dash light test. It will even tell you your distance to empty (DTE) but you will have to hit it several more times. Hope this helps
Oh wow I will try this, and let you know if it works for me. Thank you so much!
Old 11-26-2012, 08:58 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Oh wow I will try this, and let you know if it works for me. Thank you so much!
I got it to the gauge test, can't seem to have it to the dash light test.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:40 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:

I got it to the gauge test, can't seem to have it to the dash light test.
Hit the trip button again
sally2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion