Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Pulling side to side

4K views 25 replies 7 participants last post by  sLbxO143 
#1 ·
As the title states, when I'm on the highway doing 65+ it feels as if my mustang try's to pull to either side. I got an alignment about a week ago and if I let go out of the wheel it will stay in a straight line so a little confused lol

#5 ·
Soccerluvr4 said:
Same highway? you sure its not just the road? I drive home daily from school and i noticed that i always pull right on a certain length.
Yeah well I live in MA so every road is **** lol but now that you guys mention it, it is a certain length on the highway same spot. But at around 60/65 MPH car acts funny but over 70 rides better its weird lol

#6 ·
sLbxO143 said:
Yeah well I live in MA so every road is **** lol but now that you guys mention it, it is a certain length on the highway same spot. But at around 60/65 MPH car acts funny but over 70 rides better its weird lol
You think the roads are bad there? Try San Diego roads. The city workers never work on them. I heard we have the 9th worst roads in the nation or something like that

#7 ·
austinknoll said:
You think the roads are bad there? Try San Diego roads. The city workers never work on them. I heard we have the 9th worst roads in the nation or something like that
We need to move to Miami lol when my brother and sister some to visit and drive here they always boast about never having to worry about potholes/manhole covers there and such a smooth ride there lol

#10 ·
Azure said:
With the un-even road, etc. I thought I had bump steer at first because it was doing that. It's just sticky wide tires.
Yeah so doesn't sound like a big problem right? Lol bottom line is roads just suck because I know it's not the alignment because I just got one. This may be a stupid question but what is bump steer?

#13 ·
When I made that thread, I wasn't sure if mine was lowered. It didn't look like it, but at a car show another guy with a stock Mach 1 said he thought it was lowered. At the same time, I was getting the pull from side to side on the road and assumed it was bump steer. I know now it was un-even pavement, etc. mostly becasue I was not used to wide performace tires.:)

#17 ·
JDF said:
Did they check your ball joints when you got your alignment?
Well that's why I got a wheel alignment because they replaced my ball joint on the front tire

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

Baldeagle said:
could be the brakes if it pulls one way all the time but sounds like its the road you are driving.
Could certainly be my brakes lol, my front brakes both have warped rotors and should be changed lol, going to get drilled and slotted rotors for the front. Already have them on the back so hopefully this will clear up my problem

#22 ·
It's called a proportioning valve and if it is malfunctioning, under braking it could wander but I dont think this is the case with OP

#20 ·
Haha!

That's the trucker in me talking. Also, had a Crown Vic in which the rears were so off balance they hardly came on at all. Also had a 760 Turbo and the right front was either fully on, or fully off, regardless of what the other three were doing. I guess we don't even have a brake balancer in ours.

/facepalm

#21 ·
Haha!

That's the trucker in me talking. Also, had a Crown Vic in which the rears were so off balance they hardly came on at all. Also had a 760 Turbo and the right front was either fully on, or fully off, regardless of what the other three were doing. I guess we don't even have a brake balancer in ours.

/facepalm
Are you talking about brake drums?

#25 ·
Yes, I was talking about drums, save for the 760 Turbo.

And no, I'm not so dim as to suggest that the vehicle would experience any sort of pull/wander without brake application. I was suggesting that, if the OP believed it to be a brake problem (pulling under braking) and he were to do his brakes as a result, he'd want to make sure the balance was set. Now, if he's running warped rotors, depending on how bad, then it's very likely the car would pull (assuming a bad rotor on one side) under braking and, if the front/back balance were off, he'd have a bigger problem.

That said, it's pretty likely NOT the brakes unless the issue only appears while under braking. So, it's all pretty moot anyway.

#26 ·
Regardless I am replacing the front brakes with drilled slotted rotors and pads, so we will see. It's Not that bad. My front passenger tire is trash lol so defiantly uneven wear and a leak lol and it's pulling on that side so I may have just answered my own question lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.