Should I buy it? 2012 Dub Edition... - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-28-2012, 11:53 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to Missxalii
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelStander
Get a v8.

You will love it that much more.

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

Get what you want. Best advice I got In College from a prof.

Never went wrong with that.

Get what you want...which is a 8.
I don't want a V8.
Missxalii is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 12:27 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missxalii

I have a 2010 mustang v6 base.

---------- Post added at 04:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 AM ----------

It has 4 accidents on it. And for the amount of money I'd have to put in it to make it equivalent to a newer V6 would be pointless.

---------- Post added at 04:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 AM ----------

My mom is going to be taking over my payments.

---------- Post added at 04:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 AM ----------

It has a few after market parts on it. But stock it also has 100 more hp than my car. Plus it's a premium where as mine is the base model.

---------- Post added at 04:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 AM ----------

I don't want a 5.0. -.-

---------- Post added at 05:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 AM ----------

I plan on painting it anyway. I love my grabber blue. The other one I was looking at was a premium black 2012 with 14k miles on it listed for 23k. Got them down to 21k. So it's about the same around here.
Well then but it if u like it
2002 5 speed Comp Orange Mustang GT. K&N CAI,JBA headers,BBK xpipe,SLP mufflers to turn downs,Exedy stage 2 clutch,MGW short throw,drilled and and slotted roters,front:17x9 black 10th anniversary cobras Rear:17x10.5 black 10th anniversary cobras,Roush stage 3 body kit,smoked tails and side markers.
Nate98stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:03 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Just another edit. He's also including the stock exhaust and intake. And it has the I fitted a Borla SType exhaust on it right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 07:05 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Just another edit. He's also including the stock exhaust and intake. And it has the I fitted a Borla SType exhaust on it right now.
please buy it lol

2012 V6
m_tyler_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:26 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_tyler_r

please buy it lol
Hahaha. Why?
Old 11-28-2012, 08:27 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Hahaha. Why?
lol it's a sweet car. plus it's priced pretty good

2012 V6
Old 11-28-2012, 08:28 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Buy it buy it buy it!

Just don't get into any accidents w/it
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:09 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire
Buy it buy it buy it!

Don't jinx me!!
Old 11-29-2012, 12:43 AM   #44

Region: California
how much are 2013 v6's? arent they not much more than 22k?

I almost bought a 2012 GT for 28k and instead decided to just haggle a 2013 GT premium to 31k, its a bit more but I am glad I did it..not so much once my student loans start poppin up but for now all is good.

The car looks super clean, but if you want a different color I think it would be best to find one in that color (grabber blue?) for the amount of stuff i'd assume your looking to do with your car you shouldnt settle for something you are super down with

But i suppose the price isnt too shabby since its got the nav screen and all that.
hastethedav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:16 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
It's a 2012 Dub Edition V6 with 10k miles on it for $22k.

From what I looked up it has a roush front fascia and splitter, Roush lowered suspension, 3.31 rear axle, quarter window covers, DUB stripe package, black interior with DUB embroidered into the headrests, leather seats, navigation system, shaker system, unique 20-inch Pirelli wheels, and TIS tires.

***EDIT: it is tuned and has a Steeda CAI on it as well. Reason for getting a new car would be because mine currently has 4 accidents on it. And if you don't know the difference between the years it's SOHC/210hp/5speed and DOHC/310hp/6speed. Mine is a base model. This is a premium. I do have plans on painting it back to blue. It is also garage kept.
Beautiful car. I absolutely love the hood scoop. But if you really want grabber blue, buy a grabber blue one unless you already have the money to paint it. I wish every time I drive mine that I hadn't settled for a color that wasn't what I really wanted, just because mine was a good deal and had a bunch of mods already done to it. Just my two cents, but it is a beautiful car.
Solomo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:31 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Just go buy it already.. Lol. It's your car. Not anyone else's. Period. If you like it and you think it's a good deal, then go for it. It already sounds like your mind is about made up.
Forged Internals, Limited Slip Differential, 3:73s, Bama Tune, Pro 5.0 Short Shifter, Mach 1 Air Intake, 31 Spline Moser Axles.
98StangKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:47 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hastethedav
how much are 2013 v6's? arent they not much more than 22k?

I almost bought a 2012 GT for 28k and instead decided to just haggle a 2013 GT premium to 31k, its a bit more but I am glad I did it..not so much once my student loans start poppin up but for now all is good.

The car looks super clean, but if you want a different color I think it would be best to find one in that color (grabber blue?) for the amount of stuff i'd assume your looking to do with your car you shouldnt settle for something you are super down with

But i suppose the price isnt too shabby since its got the nav screen and all that.
A 2013 starts at $22k and the premiums start at $28k. This car would be considered a premium. And the dub package would be an additional $3k. Plus the money he put into it for the CAI, SCT tune and the Borla exhaust. I've really been searching for a car like that. But since the grabber blue is the lowest color in production and its a slow season for cars I've been having an incredibly hard time. This car has everything I want except the color you know?

---------- Post added at 07:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomo2

Beautiful car. I absolutely love the hood scoop. But if you really want grabber blue, buy a grabber blue one unless you already have the money to paint it. I wish every time I drive mine that I hadn't settled for a color that wasn't what I really wanted, just because mine was a good deal and had a bunch of mods already done to it. Just my two cents, but it is a beautiful car.
Look at my post above! I'm gonna get rid of the hold scoop. And I'm taking the roush bumper off of my other car so ill actually have another one, ill have extra louvers and tail lights as well. I can sell all of those and paint the car. I'm only doing the body (excluding the bumper, engine bay and door jams)

---------- Post added at 07:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98StangKid
Just go buy it already.. Lol. It's your car. Not anyone else's. Period. If you like it and you think it's a good deal, then go for it. It already sounds like your mind is about made up.
Lol thank you. . I think I'm going to.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:27 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Well, since I don't have a Mustang right now, I just look at them all the time. And I happen to know there is a '12 v6 grabber blue stang, with 9k miles on it for sale here in Greenville. Asking 21.5. Looks like its bone stock, and it's not the Premium... But it's at CarMax, so they would ship it to you. Just throwing it put there

As far as the Dub, it's a nice looking ride. Not my style and I don't like the 20's, but it does seem like a pretty good deal and it does look sharp.
For fun: Window louvers, 15% tint, Raxiom tinted taillights, J&L Audio sub.
BenGT07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:10 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGT07
Well, since I don't have a Mustang right now, I just look at them all the time. And I happen to know there is a '12 v6 grabber blue stang, with 9k miles on it for sale here in Greenville. Asking 21.5. Looks like its bone stock, and it's not the Premium... But it's at CarMax, so they would ship it to you. Just throwing it put there

As far as the Dub, it's a nice looking ride. Not my style and I don't like the 20's, but it does seem like a pretty good deal and it does look sharp.
Shipping is a lot. And I'd be paying $500 more for a premium which is $5k more plus the dub package which is an additional $3k. I don't care for the 20's but I can sell all that. Like I said earlier. I'm keeping all my parts off of my old car so I'd be putting that all back on this one.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:46 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:

Shipping is a lot. And I'd be paying $500 more for a premium which is $5k more plus the dub package which is an additional $3k. I don't care for the 20's but I can sell all that. Like I said earlier. I'm keeping all my parts off of my old car so I'd be putting that all back on this one.
I got ya. I was just throwing it out there in case you really wanted the Grabber Blue. This one here seems to be a good deal, but that one is better. Some people care about color a lot
For fun: Window louvers, 15% tint, Raxiom tinted taillights, J&L Audio sub.
BenGT07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:56 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire
Buy it buy it buy it!

Haha
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:18 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:

A 2013 starts at $22k and the premiums start at $28k. This car would be considered a premium. And the dub package would be an additional $3k. Plus the money he put into it for the CAI, SCT tune and the Borla exhaust. I've really been searching for a car like that. But since the grabber blue is the lowest color in production and its a slow season for cars I've been having an incredibly hard time. This car has everything I want except the color you know?

---------- Post added at 07:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 AM ----------

Look at my post above! I'm gonna get rid of the hold scoop. And I'm taking the roush bumper off of my other car so ill actually have another one, ill have extra louvers and tail lights as well. I can sell all of those and paint the car. I'm only doing the body (excluding the bumper, engine bay and door jams)

---------- Post added at 07:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 AM ----------

Lol thank you. . I think I'm going to.
Saw that you were taking it off, but I really like it. I agree with the others, just go buy it.
Solomo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:43 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missxalii View Post
hey how much are they charging you to paint that car? do you have any kind of quote? im in jersey and just curious for future mods
Aruiz42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:58 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruiz42

hey how much are they charging you to paint that car? do you have any kind of quote? im in jersey and just curious for future mods
Unfortunately I haven't gotten one yet. I loosely asked a guy who's brother owns a shop and he said $1.2-2k. But I'm also not doing the entire car either. Maybe we could get a two for one deal. .
Old 11-30-2012, 12:25 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Unfortunately I haven't gotten one yet. I loosely asked a guy who's brother owns a shop and he said $1.2-2k. But I'm also not doing the entire car either. Maybe we could get a two for one deal. .
Lmao maybe.. Let me know
Aruiz42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:11 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missxalii View Post
It's a 2012 Dub Edition V6 with 10k miles on it for $22k.

From what I looked up it has a roush front fascia and splitter, Roush lowered suspension, 3.31 rear axle, quarter window covers, DUB stripe package, black interior with DUB embroidered into the headrests, leather seats, navigation system, shaker system, unique 20-inch Pirelli wheels, and TIS tires.

***EDIT: it is tuned and has a Steeda CAI on it as well. Reason for getting a new car would be because mine currently has 4 accidents on it. And if you don't know the difference between the years it's SOHC/210hp/5speed and DOHC/310hp/6speed. Mine is a base model. This is a premium. I do have plans on painting it back to blue. It is also garage kept.
I think the DUB is a cool car which comes with a lot and the price isn't bad for the mileage... But I definitely don't agree with taking a new car and changing the color for not a good reason... Do you have any idea what it costs to correctly change the color of a car?? 10-12k done correctly, the entire car has to get gutted and it's a pig of a job and will take months to accomplish... Or u can take it to some rinky dink shop and just go to Maaco and paint over what's on there now and not get the jams or engine bay which will ruin the car... Just find another grabber blue 12 v6 it will be much cheaper in the long run and u won't ruin a perfectly good Mustang
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:12 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post

I think the DUB is a cool car which comes with a lot and the price isn't bad for the mileage... But I definitely don't agree with taking a new car and changing the color for not a good reason... Do you have any idea what it costs to correctly change the color of a car?? 10-12k done correctly, the entire car has to get gutted and it's a pig of a job and will take months to accomplish... Or u can take it to some rinky dink shop and just go to Maaco and paint over what's on there now and not get the jams or engine bay which will ruin the car... Just find another grabber blue 12 v6 it will be much cheaper in the long run and u won't ruin a perfectly good Mustang
Well I was thinking just the body. Not the door jams, engine bay or the front bumper. Haven't gotten too many quotes yet but it shouldn't even be over $5k.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:21 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I say if you really like the car then go for it but, I wouldn't do a color change, GTstyles2 is right to do a color change from a quality shop will cost you around 10-12k, quality shops won't just paint the outside because its not done right, I would keep it black and have the stripes redone in grabber blue IMO that would look sic!!! And it would save you a whole bunch of money
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:18 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rm360 View Post
I say if you really like the car then go for it but, I wouldn't do a color change, GTstyles2 is right to do a color change from a quality shop will cost you around 10-12k, quality shops won't just paint the outside because its not done right, I would keep it black and have the stripes redone in grabber blue IMO that would look sic!!! And it would save you a whole bunch of money
I thought about that too. My friend told me it would be around $500 for the stripe.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:35 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2826463032.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	78655
08SteedaQ350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:41 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

if you don't buy this, I will!
emery2483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:44 PM   #62
Road Trip!

Isn't that from water boy? Water Boy is on FX right now.
Ryan7racin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:47 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan7racin View Post

Isn't that from water boy? Water Boy is on FX right now.
Lol yeah.

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

Gotta buy it. That's a fine machine. I think it's sexy just the way it is.
08SteedaQ350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:50 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Ahahah.

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by emery2483 View Post
if you don't buy this, I will!
It's mine! Back off.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:30 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rm360 View Post
Actually Grabber stripes is a great idea... With the hood scoop these stripes will work great... This is a DUB Stang I saw about a year ago at a Ford dealer
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3010536405.png
Views:	107
Size:	1.74 MB
ID:	78700  
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:39 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Just my .02. If you like it but it. The badges come off with a little fishing line. I personally hate dub. Every one will dig it out an say," your rims cost more than the car. Idiot" or that's how it is in Alabama. The mods make it worth it to me. 1k in bumper. Tuner and intake are 600. The exhaust is about 6-900 being borla. That's just about everything any v6 owner wants plus it has gears and everything. So you can just enjoy the car and the clutch. Take the money you saved in mods and get a tire and wheel combo. As for color, never buy a car and paint it another. They come in choices for a reason. I wanted white. So I got white. I wanted a leather steering wheel. I went ahead and got the premium. I wanted the 69 boss look. I did it with the money I saved for buying it used with 22k miles on it. I didn't want a v8. I travel alot since family is all over bama. Plus being 19, 2 *** beating from my last car, and 3 tickets. Ill stick with the v6 till I turn 25 and my insurance lowers. I think I covered everything.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:56 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I think it is worth it. All of the Roush stuff can be costly separate and installed, but it is well worth it, just get the Roush splitter for it.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:40 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
Just my .02. If you like it but it. The badges come off with a little fishing line. I personally hate dub. Every one will dig it out an say," your rims cost more than the car. Idiot" or that's how it is in Alabama. The mods make it worth it to me. 1k in bumper. Tuner and intake are 600. The exhaust is about 6-900 being borla. That's just about everything any v6 owner wants plus it has gears and everything. So you can just enjoy the car and the clutch. Take the money you saved in mods and get a tire and wheel combo. As for color, never buy a car and paint it another. They come in choices for a reason. I wanted white. So I got white. I wanted a leather steering wheel. I went ahead and got the premium. I wanted the 69 boss look. I did it with the money I saved for buying it used with 22k miles on it. I didn't want a v8. I travel alot since family is all over bama. Plus being 19, 2 *** beating from my last car, and 3 tickets. Ill stick with the v6 till I turn 25 and my insurance lowers. I think I covered everything.
Thank you for wanting a V6 and not a V8. I get so much **** for that. I'm not buying it for the fact that its a dub edition but simply because I look at it as a fully loaded V6. I have every intention on changing the rims and tires. I don't care for them really. I was really thinking about the stripe though now and then a few blue accents.

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
I think it is worth it. All of the Roush stuff can be costly separate and installed, but it is well worth it, just get the Roush splitter for it.
I believe it has a Roush Splitter on it.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:31 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Black is a nice color. The blue does pop alot but so does red. I hear alot of people going with the newer grabber blue stripes or matte. Ever though of red? That would look legit and you can put so am500 or fr500 rims on it. That's just the way I would roll though.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:34 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

For the things included this car should be at least 25k-26k IMO. buy it already! haha

2012 V6

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion