HELP PLZ :( (Brakes) - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-29-2012, 08:26 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Okay so I got my car back from the body shop 2 weeks ago for a bent rear axel and when I start to slow down the brakes start pushing back at my foot after 10 mph , I took it back to the shop and they told me to take it to Firestone cause that where they took it to get aligned so I took it to Firestone and they told me that I have hot spots on my rotors and that I need new rotors and pads so I ordered them and i just got done installing them and its still doing it , I've bled the front but not the back yet , I'm starting to wonder iF its my ABS cause there's a clicking noise also . If any one has any idea whats going on plz let me know thanks !
TXstang125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 08:31 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXstang125
Okay so I got my car back from the body shop 2 weeks ago for a bent rear axel and when I start to slow down the brakes start pushing back at my foot after 10 mph , I took it back to the shop and they told me to take it to Firestone cause that where they took it to get aligned so I took it to Firestone and they told me that I have hot spots on my rotors and that I need new rotors and pads so I ordered them and i just got done installing them and its still doing it , I've bled the front but not the back yet , I'm starting to wounder it its my abs becauselike clicking noises also
Anytime you bleed your brakes always start at the master cylinder, then the farthest wheel (rear passenger), move on to the next (rear driver), then next (front passenger), then the last one!..

Could also be your ABS is acting up!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:32 PM   #3
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Okay so I got my car back from the body shop 2 weeks ago for a bent rear axel and when I start to slow down the brakes start pushing back at my foot after 10 mph , I took it back to the shop and they told me to take it to Firestone cause that where they took it to get aligned so I took it to Firestone and they told me that I have hot spots on my rotors and that I need new rotors and pads so I ordered them and i just got done installing them and its still doing it , I've bled the front but not the back yet , I'm starting to wounder it its my abs becauselike clicking noises also
I'm not certain of this, but it sounds like to me it could be a hub assembly. Is there anywhere else you can go to get a 2nd opinion?

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

Anytime you bleed your brakes always start at the master cylinder, then the farthest wheel (rear passenger), move on to the next (rear driver), then next (front passenger), then the last one!..

+1
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 08:40 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

This is a dumb question but where's the master cylinder ?? And how can I find out if its my ABS for sure

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

[QUOTE="99ford"]

I'm not certain of this, but it sounds like to me it could be a hub assembly. Is there anywhere else you can go to get a 2nd opinion?

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

Ummmm I really don't know where to go
Old 11-29-2012, 08:48 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

This is a dumb question but where's the master cylinder ?? And how can I find out if its my ABS for sure

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------
Only dumb question is the one not asked!.. You know were your brake fluid reservoir is?... Right below it (its actually mounted to the top of) is the master cylinder!..
Old 11-29-2012, 08:51 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Only dumb question is the one not asked!.. You know were your brake fluid reservoir is?... Right below it (its actually mounted to the top of) is the master cylinder!..
This right ? If so do u bleed them just like u do the ones on the calipers ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1095688003.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	424.5 KB
ID:	78472  
Old 11-29-2012, 08:58 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

This right ? If so do u bleed them just like u do the ones on the wheel
Yes and yes!.. But make sure you've got plenty of fluid on hand and don't let that little tank get low!..

Just a quick thought here!.. Do you have any warning lights kicking on?.. Is your ABS light kicking on when this is happening?..

At any rate two things I would do if I were you!.. 1. Have a code scanner ran on your car!.. 2. Get a Haynes Repair Manual!.. It will walk you step by step how to repair and replace just about anything on your car!.. But still don't hesitate to ask any and all questions on here!..
Old 11-29-2012, 09:01 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yes and yes!.. But make sure you've got plenty of fluid on hand and don't let that little tank get low!..

Just a quick thought here!.. Do you have any warning lights kicking on?.. Is your ABS light kicking on when this is happening?..

At any rate two things I would do if I were you!.. 1. Have a code scanner ran on your car!.. 2. Get a Haynes Repair Manual!.. It will walk you step by step how to repair and replace just about anything on your car!.. But still don't hesitate to ask any and all questions on here!..
Okay thanks man really appreciate it and no there's no ABS lights on
Old 11-29-2012, 09:03 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Okay thanks man really appreciate it and no there's no ABS lights on
Then odds are its nothing to do with your ABS!.. But I personally would still run a scanner on it!..
Old 11-29-2012, 09:06 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Then odds are its nothing to do with your ABS!.. But I personally would still run a scanner on it!..
Okay we'll ill probably go get it scanned this weekend if it still happens after I bleed the brakes Thanks for the help !
Old 11-29-2012, 09:25 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Okay we'll ill probably go get it scanned this weekend if it still happens after I bleed the brakes Thanks for the help !
No problem dude!.. Let us know how it goes for ya!..
Old 11-29-2012, 10:08 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

No problem dude!.. Let us know how it goes for ya!..
Do u know what size the back bleeder is ? Ik the front is a 9mm and the master cylinder is a 10 mm
Old 11-29-2012, 10:53 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Do u know what size the back bleeder is ? Ik the front is a 9mm and the master cylinder is a 10 mm
If your talking about the bleeders on the calipers themselves, then they are all the same!..
Old 12-01-2012, 01:28 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

If your talking about the bleeders on the calipers themselves, then they are all the same!..
Okay so I bled everything and its still doing it not as bad as it was but it didn't go away , I'm taking it back to Firestone in the morning to get the ABS looked at
Old 12-01-2012, 04:23 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Okay so I bled everything and its still doing it not as bad as it was but it didn't go away , I'm taking it back to Firestone in the morning to get the ABS looked at
Are you sure you got all the air out?.. And ya I would take it in to get the ABS checked out then too!..
Old 02-15-2013, 10:16 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Finally got my braking problem fix ! my speed sensor was knocked out of place stupid Firestone made me buy new rotors and brake pads for nothing im never going back to that place

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion