HELP PLZ :( (Brakes) - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-29-2012, 08:26 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
TXstang125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 410
Okay so I got my car back from the body shop 2 weeks ago for a bent rear axel and when I start to slow down the brakes start pushing back at my foot after 10 mph , I took it back to the shop and they told me to take it to Firestone cause that where they took it to get aligned so I took it to Firestone and they told me that I have hot spots on my rotors and that I need new rotors and pads so I ordered them and i just got done installing them and its still doing it , I've bled the front but not the back yet , I'm starting to wonder iF its my ABS cause there's a clicking noise also . If any one has any idea whats going on plz let me know thanks !
TXstang125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-29-2012, 08:31 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXstang125
Okay so I got my car back from the body shop 2 weeks ago for a bent rear axel and when I start to slow down the brakes start pushing back at my foot after 10 mph , I took it back to the shop and they told me to take it to Firestone cause that where they took it to get aligned so I took it to Firestone and they told me that I have hot spots on my rotors and that I need new rotors and pads so I ordered them and i just got done installing them and its still doing it , I've bled the front but not the back yet , I'm starting to wounder it its my abs becauselike clicking noises also
Anytime you bleed your brakes always start at the master cylinder, then the farthest wheel (rear passenger), move on to the next (rear driver), then next (front passenger), then the last one!..

Could also be your ABS is acting up!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:32 PM   #3
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXstang125
Okay so I got my car back from the body shop 2 weeks ago for a bent rear axel and when I start to slow down the brakes start pushing back at my foot after 10 mph , I took it back to the shop and they told me to take it to Firestone cause that where they took it to get aligned so I took it to Firestone and they told me that I have hot spots on my rotors and that I need new rotors and pads so I ordered them and i just got done installing them and its still doing it , I've bled the front but not the back yet , I'm starting to wounder it its my abs becauselike clicking noises also
I'm not certain of this, but it sounds like to me it could be a hub assembly. Is there anywhere else you can go to get a 2nd opinion?

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

Anytime you bleed your brakes always start at the master cylinder, then the farthest wheel (rear passenger), move on to the next (rear driver), then next (front passenger), then the last one!..

Could also be your ABS is acting up!..
+1
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-29-2012, 08:40 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
TXstang125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

Anytime you bleed your brakes always start at the master cylinder, then the farthest wheel (rear passenger), move on to the next (rear driver), then next (front passenger), then the last one!..

Could also be your ABS is acting up!..
This is a dumb question but where's the master cylinder ?? And how can I find out if its my ABS for sure

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

[QUOTE="99ford"]

I'm not certain of this, but it sounds like to me it could be a hub assembly. Is there anywhere else you can go to get a 2nd opinion?

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

Ummmm I really don't know where to go
TXstang125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:48 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXstang125

This is a dumb question but where's the master cylinder ?? And how can I find out if its my ABS for sure

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------
Only dumb question is the one not asked!.. You know were your brake fluid reservoir is?... Right below it (its actually mounted to the top of) is the master cylinder!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:51 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
TXstang125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

Only dumb question is the one not asked!.. You know were your brake fluid reservoir is?... Right below it (its actually mounted to the top of) is the master cylinder!..
This right ? If so do u bleed them just like u do the ones on the calipers ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1095688003.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	424.5 KB
ID:	78472  
TXstang125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:58 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXstang125

This right ? If so do u bleed them just like u do the ones on the wheel
Yes and yes!.. But make sure you've got plenty of fluid on hand and don't let that little tank get low!..

Just a quick thought here!.. Do you have any warning lights kicking on?.. Is your ABS light kicking on when this is happening?..

At any rate two things I would do if I were you!.. 1. Have a code scanner ran on your car!.. 2. Get a Haynes Repair Manual!.. It will walk you step by step how to repair and replace just about anything on your car!.. But still don't hesitate to ask any and all questions on here!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:01 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
TXstang125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

Yes and yes!.. But make sure you've got plenty of fluid on hand and don't let that little tank get low!..

Just a quick thought here!.. Do you have any warning lights kicking on?.. Is your ABS light kicking on when this is happening?..

At any rate two things I would do if I were you!.. 1. Have a code scanner ran on your car!.. 2. Get a Haynes Repair Manual!.. It will walk you step by step how to repair and replace just about anything on your car!.. But still don't hesitate to ask any and all questions on here!..
Okay thanks man really appreciate it and no there's no ABS lights on
TXstang125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:03 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXstang125

Okay thanks man really appreciate it and no there's no ABS lights on
Then odds are its nothing to do with your ABS!.. But I personally would still run a scanner on it!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:06 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
TXstang125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

Then odds are its nothing to do with your ABS!.. But I personally would still run a scanner on it!..
Okay we'll ill probably go get it scanned this weekend if it still happens after I bleed the brakes Thanks for the help !
TXstang125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:25 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXstang125

Okay we'll ill probably go get it scanned this weekend if it still happens after I bleed the brakes Thanks for the help !
No problem dude!.. Let us know how it goes for ya!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:08 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
TXstang125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

No problem dude!.. Let us know how it goes for ya!..
Do u know what size the back bleeder is ? Ik the front is a 9mm and the master cylinder is a 10 mm
TXstang125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:53 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXstang125

Do u know what size the back bleeder is ? Ik the front is a 9mm and the master cylinder is a 10 mm
If your talking about the bleeders on the calipers themselves, then they are all the same!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:28 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
TXstang125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

If your talking about the bleeders on the calipers themselves, then they are all the same!..
Okay so I bled everything and its still doing it not as bad as it was but it didn't go away , I'm taking it back to Firestone in the morning to get the ABS looked at
TXstang125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:23 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXstang125

Okay so I bled everything and its still doing it not as bad as it was but it didn't go away , I'm taking it back to Firestone in the morning to get the ABS looked at
Are you sure you got all the air out?.. And ya I would take it in to get the ABS checked out then too!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:16 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
TXstang125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 410
Finally got my braking problem fix ! my speed sensor was knocked out of place stupid Firestone made me buy new rotors and brake pads for nothing im never going back to that place
TXstang125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



10:32 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.