Pypes pype bomb axel back exhaust - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-30-2012, 08:24 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Depack21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Flanders
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 259
Pypes pype bomb axel back exhaust

Does anybody know how many decibels pypes pype bomb axel back is because my state has a requirement
Depack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-30-2012, 08:32 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
BaSohol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 2,789
Here's my idea, if it sounds good they won't pull you over unless to ask what's under the hood, here in IL they only bust Hondas for that stuff and they are strict about in my city to, you can't have any exhaust mods
__________________

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:43 AM   #3
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Pierson
Region: Florida
Posts: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol View Post
Here's my idea, if it sounds good they won't pull you over unless to ask what's under the hood, here in IL they only bust Hondas for that stuff and they are strict about in my city to, you can't have any exhaust mods
+1 I throttle it and wind out gears in front of cops all the time. Never any trouble.
muscledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-30-2012, 08:48 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
BaSohol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 2,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscledom

+1 I throttle it and wind out gears in front of cops all the time. Never any trouble.
Cops give me thumbs up, and my buddy's GTO is insanely loud, never one problem, Honda with stock exhaust and a fart cannon=busted

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

An to answer your question, there are so many variables, if you have stock mid pipe any muffler you put on will be quiet enough to not cause a problem
__________________

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:48 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
BenGT07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Depack21
Does anybody know how many decibels pypes pype bomb axel back is because my state has a requirement
Don't worry about it bro. Just budget for a ticket a month it'll usually be for speeding or racing, but if it's just for noise it'll be cheaper.

Be loud and proud. Loud pipes save lives... Usually for bikes, but it should apply for cars too.
__________________
In the market for a Fox body...
SOLD: 2007 Performance white GT Premium.
Performance: Eibach lowering kit, SVT wheels, Steeda Camber Casters, Steeda short throw, FRPP 4.10's, Airraid CAI, BBK 62mm TB, Brenspeed Detroit Rockers, Pypes Longtubes with O/R H and Violators.
For fun: Window louvers, 15% tint, Raxiom tinted taillights, J&L Audio sub.
BenGT07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:27 AM   #6
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Pierson
Region: Florida
Posts: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol View Post

Cops give me thumbs up, and my buddy's GTO is insanely loud, never one problem, Honda with stock exhaust and a fart cannon=busted
That's how it should be lol.

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGT07 View Post

Don't worry about it bro. Just budget for a ticket a month it'll usually be for speeding or racing, but if it's just for noise it'll be cheaper.

Be loud and proud. Loud pipes save lives... Usually for bikes, but it should apply for cars too.
You're a riot lmao
muscledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:31 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Depack21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Flanders
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 259
Everything is stock, I just hope it will pass inspection. Also I'm a new driver so I don't know if cops will give me a hard time
Depack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:40 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Depack21
Everything is stock, I just hope it will pass inspection. Also I'm a new driver so I don't know if cops will give me a hard time
If you leave the cats on you'll be fine.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:48 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
You mite want to call your insurance co just to make shur you can afford one that new. My ins went from $400 a year to $850 and I'm 50 with a clean record. My licensing fee also tripled.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Tags
exhaust

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



02:54 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.