Stupid guy... - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-13-2012, 08:34 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGT500B View Post

My bad. Lol. I tried using the lol face off my cell phone and it made crazy signs. Smh
Lol. Ok now I see!..

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lowGT View Post

Lol confuse
Only when I see something that looks like binary code!.. Lol
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2012, 07:30 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by keaton5.0
My favorite idiots are the " camaro's will outlast the mustang" people. Anyone remember the 2003 camaro?
ROFLMFAO!!!
Skulls98GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:35 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tee7pony
I've had people ask me if my car is rwd or fwd. my only response is to look at them, then raise my right hand and forcefully bring my hand back down across their face. The sad part is it has happened twice with this car and 4-5 with my old camaro.
My uncle asked me the same. Then preceded to tell me that ford made a fwd Mustang. He's still still surfing the net for proof.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2012, 09:20 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trbluebullitt View Post
Had a guy come up to me today and say I quote "hey man they spelt bullitt wrong on your car. I said oh did they? Can you show me this? "yeah man look right here see its bullitt it's supposed to be bullet." I was like na that's right it's bullitt and he was like na it's not your wrong...
What an idiot...

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
And then there's the Saleman at a Ford dealership that didn't know the Shelby GT500 already is SuperCharged!.. Lol.
WOW. Lol. Some people... I swear.
sixxerstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:29 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Did u guys here? Apparently the 2006 Camaro had 500rwhp!!! Info came from a guy who drives a 6 cylinder Camaro that swears he would beat a GT500.
shsfresh87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:50 AM   #41
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
I've been told numerous times my cobra is a fake because it has the pony in the grill instead of a snake. I try to explain they all came with pony emblems and ppl have replaced them with the cobra. Don't think anyone has believed me yet.

Get several people talking about my 5.0 and I have to explain it's just a little 4.6. Then we both agree it's slower than an old 5.0.

Other people have argued with me about where I got my body kit. I explain it's all factory and they disagree and normally finish the conversation with how their friend's uncle's 2nd cousin has a corvette that will walk me. I have offered to follow a few ppl home so they can get their fast car and race...once again no takers.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:26 AM   #42
Road Trip!

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by shsfresh87
Did u guys here? Apparently the 2006 Camaro had 500rwhp!!! Info came from a guy who drives a 6 cylinder Camaro that swears he would beat a GT500.
Yes. It was tri-charged. Twin turbo and a twin screw supercharger. I believe the compression ratio was 1:1
keaton5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:39 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I was coming out of the store once and a boy and his father were looking at my mustang. The boy was about 5 and looked at his dad and said"look dad, he's missing his grill". So I made myself known and told the kid that these mustangs came without a grill. The boy and dad looked at each other, completely disregarding what I said and walked away. Before getting out of earshot the dad said to his son,"I think he lost his". Seriously, come on man, if the dad wants to be ignorant fine by me, but nurturing your kid to be like you :face palm:
1998 Bright Atlantic Cobra - 3:73's, BBK ls, Pro 5.0, 96 Cobra STB, Borla XR-1 Catback, Custom Catch Can, Spec clutch, MM Firewall adj, FRPP wires, RSD, Spoiler delete, 245/275 BF Goodrich g sports on chrome 95 cobra r's
1998 V6 Mustang : SOLD!
Rosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:58 AM   #44
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
I've been told numerous times my cobra is a fake because it has the pony in the grill instead of a snake. I try to explain they all came with pony emblems and ppl have replaced them with the cobra. Don't think anyone has believed me yet.

Get several people talking about my 5.0 and I have to explain it's just a little 4.6. Then we both agree it's slower than an old 5.0.

Other people have argued with me about where I got my body kit. I explain it's all factory and they disagree and normally finish the conversation with how their friend's uncle's 2nd cousin has a corvette that will walk me. I have offered to follow a few ppl home so they can get their fast car and race...once again no takers.
You cobra guys have it rough lol. Two of my buddies that own cobra's constantly have to argue that they are real. Alot of people think my friends 2001 is fake because it isnt supercharged. The other one is an 03 terminator, the first sonic blue one made.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:33 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosco View Post
I was coming out of the store once and a boy and his father were looking at my mustang. The boy was about 5 and looked at his dad and said"look dad, he's missing his grill". So I made myself known and told the kid that these mustangs came without a grill. The boy and dad looked at each other, completely disregarding what I said and walked away. Before getting out of earshot the dad said to his son,"I think he lost his". Seriously, come on man, if the dad wants to be ignorant fine by me, but nurturing your kid to be like you :face palm:
Everyone knows that a car can't function without a grill dude. You've lost your marbles
KARgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:40 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trbluebullitt View Post
Had a guy come up to me today and say I quote "hey man they spelt bullitt wrong on your car. I said oh did they? Can you show me this? "yeah man look right here see its bullitt it's supposed to be bullet." I was like na that's right it's bullitt and he was like na it's not your wrong...
Try having a manager said he once owned one and told me it was called billet ,smh I didn't dare correct after the first time. He had a serious face and I was laughing so hard on the inside
05MUSTANG4.0L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:47 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
A guy at a gas station couldn't conceive that I might have shaved off my GT and 5.0 badges off and told me that I was wasting my money putting it in a V6.

...I had no clever comeback. I generally close my eyes and pray for a rouge lightning bolt to strike them down or at least a seagull flying over him with explosive diarrhea.
I would've revved my engine for him, and been like, "Say what, now? A V-WHAT?" Lots of people like to call my car a V6, and then I have to politely point out the 5.0 badge. I don't have an issue with V6 stangs; I just don't like it when people just assume like that.

My 2012 GT Premium.
Six Speed Manual
Forgestar CF10s
Dcobra31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:48 PM   #48
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcobra31 View Post

I would've revved my engine for him, and been like, "Say what, now? A V-WHAT?" Lots of people like to call my car a V6, and then I have to politely point out the 5.0 badge. I don't have an issue with V6 stangs; I just don't like it when people just assume like that.
Bhahah I have to opposite problem lol... I want so badly to say you tell me?!
Old 12-14-2012, 01:01 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I face the SAME PROBLEMP

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98StangKid
I face the SAME PROBLEMP
I face the SAME PROBLEM with my 2001 Cobra. People argue with me that all 99-04 Cobras were supercharged. And then I raise the hood and show them the SVT badge on the engine, and the Cobra on the intake.
Forged Internals, Limited Slip Differential, 3:73s, Bama Tune, Pro 5.0 Short Shifter, Mach 1 Air Intake, 31 Spline Moser Axles.
98StangKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:57 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
I really don't get bothered when people start talking about the 5.0 in my car. 1) because they did make my body style with the 5.0 a couple years before, and 2) most people know about the old 5.0 and the new one has been pretty well talked about. They connect the old with the new and don't realize the gap between.
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:46 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
And then there's the Saleman at a Ford dealership that didn't know the Shelby GT500 already is SuperCharged!.. Lol.
its ok because when i had to order a new shifter for my girlfriends mustang the guy in the parts department thought it was on the steering wheel took him 30 mins to figure it out
05 MUSTANG GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:26 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to SoCalKev
I once had a Mexican call my car a v4 and I apparently have awd and paddle shifters?
SoCalKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:13 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalKev View Post
I once had a Mexican call my car a v4 and I apparently have awd and paddle shifters?
It's easy to mistake it for an EVO. Smdh.

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:01 AM   #54
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalKev
Never seen a V4 before. Those heads must be tiny!
Old 12-16-2012, 10:28 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by keaton5.0

Never seen a V4 before. Those heads must be tiny!
Subaru boxer motors.. lol 2 combustion chambers per head.
taylor98gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:59 AM   #56
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor98gt

Ahh. Iv heard the term boxer motor but never really knew what they were.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:04 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I had a guy ask me if it was a stick shift or did it have paddles? Really u just looked inside my car and u didn't see that it was a 6 speed. he was driving a 350z.
Whiteboss302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:37 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

When I went to the dealership to look at mustangs my salesperson told me they don't make GT's with an automatic. I pulled out my phone and showed him the one I was looking for on their website so we walked around the lot for about 30 minutes looking for it. Turns out, it was on the showroom floor about 10 feet from his desk.
thejohncarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:00 PM   #59
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejohncarlson View Post
When I went to the dealership to look at mustangs my salesperson told me they don't make GT's with an automatic. I pulled out my phone and showed him the one I was looking for on their website so we walked around the lot for about 30 minutes looking for it. Turns out, it was on the showroom floor about 10 feet from his desk.
That's sad!
93mstnglx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:16 PM   #60
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by keaton5.0 View Post

+1
Old 12-17-2012, 10:36 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor98gt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by keaton5.0 View Post
No. The Subaru motors are FLAT fours. That is why they are called "boxer"

Read & learn Flat-four engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
claudermilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:40 AM   #62
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudermilk View Post

No. The Subaru motors are FLAT fours. That is why they are called "boxer"

Read & learn Flat-four engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Exactly I don't think anyone has made v4 yet
Old 12-17-2012, 11:06 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-911958614.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	81433

Boxer.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:25 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93mstnglx View Post

Exactly I don't think anyone has made v4 yet
Lancia was the first one to make one an made one in the early 70s but never became popular just because all lancias, like alfa Romeos, are crap and fall apart haha
306 H/C/I, holley 4 barrel, T5, Hurst Shifter, Subframe connectors, 8.8 w/ 3.55 posi, 4 piston front disc brakes, SN95 rear disc brakes, shelby drop, 620 springs, Mideye 4.5 Leaf Springs, bilstein shocks.
austinknoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:31 PM   #65
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinknoll View Post

Lancia was the first one to make one an made one in the early 70s but never became popular just because all lancias, like alfa Romeos, are crap and fall apart haha
OK cool
Old 12-17-2012, 01:41 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
FRS are boxer
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:23 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I really enjoy the idiots who presume you are just there to joy ride, not realizing that you're a serious buyer. Went to the next salesman in front of the previous, and handed him a large check. Loved the look on his face when he lost that commission!
lwandrewz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:59 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

OMG speaking of the joy ride thing, funny story. It doesn't involves Mustangs tho, but its still funny. Ok, my friend got drafted to the MLB Diamondbacks out of high school. He was given a 6 million dollar signing bonus. So, being the young man he is, the first thing he wants to buy is a new $80,000 SUV. I go with him to the dealer just as a friend, the salesperson let's him test drive the one he wants. After the drive, my friend says, ill take it. The salesman is thinking yea right. So he says, ok how do you expect to pay for this? We don't take co signs on vehicles like this and laughs at him. My friend smiles and says, ill pay cash and in full. The salesman laughs his head off while my friend goes to my car and gets his brief case from the trunk. He comes back to the salesman and opens it. In the case was $80,000 or so IN CASH. The salesman then gets wide eyed and mouth gaped. Good times!
Old 12-17-2012, 06:23 PM   #69
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shsfresh87 View Post
OMG speaking of the joy ride thing, funny story. It doesn't involves Mustangs tho, but its still funny. Ok, my friend got drafted to the MLB Diamondbacks out of high school. He was given a 6 million dollar signing bonus. So, being the young man he is, the first thing he wants to buy is a new $80,000 SUV. I go with him to the dealer just as a friend, the salesperson let's him test drive the one he wants. After the drive, my friend says, ill take it. The salesman is thinking yea right. So he says, ok how do you expect to pay for this? We don't take co signs on vehicles like this and laughs at him. My friend smiles and says, ill pay cash and in full. The salesman laughs his head off while my friend goes to my car and gets his brief case from the trunk. He comes back to the salesman and opens it. In the case was $80,000 or so IN CASH. The salesman then gets wide eyed and mouth gaped. Good times!
I bet lol!
Old 12-17-2012, 06:32 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

You don't have to believe me, he went to Nitro High School in West Virginia.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion