Phone Mount... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-26-2012, 04:54 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Phone Mount...

What do you all do with your phones in the car? I just bought a 2007 v6 and in my 94 v6 I had a vent clip to hold my cell phone... These vents are a lot thicker and the clips won't hold, so for now I've been putting the phone in the cup holder, but I want to mount it somewhere so I can use my iphone as a gps. (that new google maps app is tits...)

I still have the old phone clip, and I took the vent clips off the back and have been thinking about getting some 3m tape and taping it between the two vents above the radio, but I'm not totally convinced it will stay...

Pics would be appreciated...

Thanks...
Scoobuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 05:20 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Thumbs up

GO TO Device Holders and Dashboard Vehicle Mounts�-�ProClip Car Mounts for Mobile Phones, Tablet, and Handheld Devices i got this for my motorola razr maxx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobuh View Post
What do you all do with your phones in the car? I just bought a 2007 v6 and in my 94 v6 I had a vent clip to hold my cell phone... These vents are a lot thicker and the clips won't hold, so for now I've been putting the phone in the cup holder, but I want to mount it somewhere so I can use my iphone as a gps. (that new google maps app is tits...)

I still have the old phone clip, and I took the vent clips off the back and have been thinking about getting some 3m tape and taping it between the two vents above the radio, but I'm not totally convinced it will stay...

Thanks...
Old 12-27-2012, 02:31 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Now that is a well designed/thought out system!
etc1006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2012, 10:22 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherifdude View Post
Thanks for that, I had been looking through their website before. I don't know if I wanna spend 60+ bucks on a phone mount, but those do look really professional...
Old 12-27-2012, 04:19 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

Thanks...
Make your own...

See one of my earlier posts for all the pics and details... Cheap and really not that hard...
Weekend project-iPhone car mount fabrication
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2384089241.jpg
Views:	2695
Size:	330.9 KB
ID:	82921   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2634795273.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	485.8 KB
ID:	82922  

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:57 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhcowboy View Post

Make your own...

See one of my earlier posts for all the pics and details... Cheap and really not that hard...
Weekend project-iPhone car mount fabrication
Slight hijack... How do you like dash command? I've been kicking around getting one of the monitoring systems that show relative gauge readings and whatnot....
etc1006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:46 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by etc1006 View Post

Slight hijack... How do you like dash command? I've been kicking around getting one of the monitoring systems that show relative gauge readings and whatnot....
I love it...

But I have have an old DEDICATED iPhone 4 (older iphones were just too slow) and use the go link Bluetooth OBDII connector rather than a wifi one. That eliminates many of the complaints people have with it.

It does drain the battery so you have to remember to always "sleep" the phone when not in the car driving... Or keep it plugged in to the cigarette charger.

And pricey (both the app and BT connector).

And about half the time when unlocking your phone (if you had the app running), it would no longer be running (crashed).

But beyond that, very fast refresh on the gauges with the iPhone 4. You can download other user created layouts, but few work well or just don't have the cluster of gauges I want on the same screen. You need desktop software to make new layouts.

Lots of data logging options, skid pad, inclinometer, road course section (lap stats and position), and if course the 5+ gauge layouts.

Some gauge sections have hidden alternate gauges, while some gauges themselves if toggled by tapping reveal a secondary gauge. Instructions didn't help... Just have to mess with it to learn about them.

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:22 AM   #8
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
I just put it in the cup holder
Old 12-28-2012, 09:09 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
I just put it in the cup holder
Unfortunately that's not an option, in Washington you can get a ticket for even talking on the phone, so I'm looking for a slick solution to mount it somewhere...
Old 12-30-2012, 12:07 PM   #10
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Unfortunately that's not an option, in Washington you can get a ticket for even talking on the phone, so I'm looking for a slick solution to mount it somewhere...
Wow I see

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion