Road rage - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-02-2013, 12:48 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Road rage

Considering we all know if you have a Stang, every now and then, you have road rage. Figured out of boredom, I'd start a thread about it. Tell a story or some thoughts on road rage.

Last night, this guy literally backed up almost straight into me, at a fast speed might I add. Good thing I was paying attention and backed up fast enough. Idiot. Guess I was pissed 'cause I spun tires before taking off. Oops.
sixxerstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 01:07 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
i like when im doing 10 over the speed limit and some F****r in a prius always hast to fly by me and get in front of me to go 5 below the speed limit. its literally happened to me at least 10 times like wtf
05 MUSTANG GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:10 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05 MUSTANG GT View Post
i like when im doing 10 over the speed limit and some F****r in a prius always hast to fly by me and get in front of me to go 5 below the speed limit. its literally happened to me at least 10 times like wtf
A Prius? Lol. Can't have that. Gotta show them who's boss...ride their bumper, then fly right back past them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 01:14 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
i do believe me but i just dont understand why prius drivers act the way they do
05 MUSTANG GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:18 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
i do believe me but i just dont understand why prius drivers act the way they do
Not just you. My best friend's mom drives a Prius...maniac driver. I guess people think with a smaller car, they're allowed to be speed demons. Lame.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:27 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
i don't think i've had a case of road rage since i was 18 lol...and it was due to some guy cutting me off forcing me to slam on my brakes and pull off on the skirt on the interstate....caught back up to him and gave him some one finger salutes. nowadays i just keep a level head...if others wanna drive like idiots around me i just let them by lol.

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:29 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
i don't think i've had a case of road rage since i was 18 lol...and it was due to some guy cutting me off forcing me to slam on my brakes and pull off on the skirt on the interstate....caught back up to him and gave him some one finger salutes. nowadays i just keep a level head...if others wanna drive like idiots around me i just let them by lol.
I hate people like that. Some people just can't drive and let their irritation turn them into idiots on the road.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:33 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

yep but now that i've gotten a few years on me it doesn't bother me...i just let them go about their day.

Old 01-02-2013, 01:39 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
yep but now that i've gotten a few years on me it doesn't bother me...i just let them go about their day.
That's good. Makes them look like a fool and you look more mature. Not bad at all to encourage people to do the same.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:25 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
I don't have rage situations and no way in hell am I going to ride someones rear. If they brake check and you fail, you're paying the bill.

During the fall I was heading home going 5 over the limit on a long stretch of road and some guy with bright *** lights got behind me running pretty close. I did an quick tap of the brakes and he got the message and didn't ride my *** anymore.

Otherwise, I hate people from Michigan, Ohio, Florida on the interstate here. We have hills. That means when you go up one, you have to actually push the damn accelerator to maintain speed. When you go down one, you let off the accelerator. It's not fun trying to maintain a certain speed to get passed by some idiot going 20 over the limit, then have to follow their *** going 10 below the limit on the next incline backing up traffic. If people used cruise control (most vehicles have it now) it wouldn't be an issue.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:28 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
I don't have rage situations and no way in hell am I going to ride someones rear. If they brake check and you fail, you're paying the bill.

During the fall I was heading home going 5 over the limit on a long stretch of road and some guy with bright *** lights got behind me running pretty close. I did an quick tap of the brakes and he got the message and didn't ride my *** anymore.

Otherwise, I hate people from Michigan, Ohio, Florida on the interstate here. We have hills. That means when you go up one, you have to actually push the damn accelerator to maintain speed. When you go down one, you let off the accelerator. It's not fun trying to maintain a certain speed to get passed by some idiot going 20 over the limit, then have to follow their *** going 10 below the limit on the next incline backing up traffic. If people used cruise control (most vehicles have it now) it wouldn't be an issue.
True...
Old 01-02-2013, 03:34 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I have found that since I have a mustang now that I let the car do the talking. I don't have to yell because I can't hear myself anyway when I get on the gas. Now, when I'm in my 99 POS camry I get rage once in a while haha.
KARgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:38 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARgt13 View Post
I have found that since I have a mustang now that I let the car do the talking. I don't have to yell because I can't hear myself anyway when I get on the gas. Now, when I'm in my 99 POS camry I get rage once in a while haha.
Lol. I strongly dislike Toyota. Always have, for some reason.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:49 PM   #14
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Every day i end up yelling, honking, or criticizing someone. The people in my area are seriously stupid at driving and more than half should not be on the road. I'm almost hit daily on my way to school (i drive 3 miles to school) because people don't pay attention and don't think about anything they are doing.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:52 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Every day i end up yelling, honking, or criticizing someone. The people in my area are seriously stupid at driving and more than half should not be on the road. I'm almost hit daily on my way to school (i drive 3 miles to school) because people don't pay attention and don't think about anything they are doing.
Daaaang. And I thought the people here were bad.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:54 PM   #16
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
I NEVER see a good prius driver. In my area they all suck at driving. None are crazy drivers, but they are some of the most inattentive drivers i've seen. And they think they are better than everyone else because they save a lot of gas lol.

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixxerstang View Post
Daaaang. And I thought the people here were bad.
I'm getting a car mount for my phone soon so i'll start to take vids of my trips, oh and there are usually stupid teenagers that walk in front of me when driving... Yea very smart, walk in front of a 5500 pound pick up truck, you sure won't end up in the hospital or morgue if i happen to not be paying attention. There were at least 40 teenagers walking across the street once, stretching from sidewalk to sidewalk. I just layed on my horn (only slowed down a little) and kept going, when i was in the middle of the crowd i dropped it into neutral and gassed it).

HID end all thread
Old 01-02-2013, 03:54 PM   #17
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:

I have a semi truck and its governed at 65mph. In Texas, the hwy speed limit is generally 75mph when I'm loaded at 80,000lbs a hill climb means my truck will slow down sometimes below 55mph trying to tug that heifer up the hill. People must think I'm some kind of smuck holding up traffic and then speeding up to 75mph on the down hill because the weight carries me. I get flipped off and garbage thrown at my truck. I've even had people flick cigarettes at me which is pretty F'd up considering I'm loaded with 7,500 gallons of fuel.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:00 PM   #18
Pete Jones
Regular

Region: Ohio
Send a message via ICQ to 90mustangLX Send a message via AIM to 90mustangLX
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post

I have a semi truck and its governed at 65mph. In Texas, the hwy speed limit is generally 75mph when I'm loaded at 80,000lbs a hill climb means my truck will slow down sometimes below 55mph trying to tug that heifer up the hill. People must think I'm some kind of smuck holding up traffic and then speeding up to 75mph on the down hill because the weight carries me. I get flipped off and garbage thrown at my truck. I've even had people flick cigarettes at me which is pretty F'd up considering I'm loaded with 7,500 gallons of fuel.
You should fill up a glass bottle with pee, throw a rag in it with some sticking out so when someone does thy you light it and pull it up to the window and smile then pretend to throw it and see hat they do lmao

89 LX Notchback
No motor/trans (for now)
90mustangLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:01 PM   #19
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Amen!

Haha this is kinda funny now ... There's this guy that drives like an 04 mustang gt. One day I was cruising along and that jack wagon is riding my *** like crazy! I slow down a little bit to see if he got the message which he doesn't. I used to be the kind of brake checker you don't wanna mess with. Haha I slammed on the brakes and held them until I heard his tires squeal! He had this oh **** look on his face. He then flew up beside me and I blew him a kiss bahaha He just stared for a little bit then got back behind me and might I add a safe distance away. I hate it when ppl tailgate me!
Old 01-02-2013, 04:06 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmiller View Post
Amen!

Haha this is kinda funny now ... There's this guy that drives like an 04 mustang gt. One day I was cruising along and that jack wagon is riding my *** like crazy! I slow down a little bit to see if he got the message which he doesn't. I used to be the kind of brake checker you don't wanna mess with. Haha I slammed on the brakes and held them until I heard his tires squeal! He had this oh **** look on his face. He then flew up beside me and I blew him a kiss bahaha He just stared for a little bit then got back behind me and might I add a safe distance away. I hate it when ppl tailgate me!
Hahaha! Love that. Nice.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:11 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
I understand truck drivers doing it. It's a natural thing when you're carrying big *** loads, the weight is going to cause some issues with maintaining speed.

Grandma in her Lincoln Towncar doesn't have an excuse besides ignorance.

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmiller View Post
I don't think people have learned... tailgating doesn't make the person go faster and generally makes them go slower cause you're pissing them off. If the person is going anywhere near the speed limit, why even bother? I can kinda understand people being all over the bumper of a person going 35 in a 55, but on the bumper of someone going 60 in a 55? Grow up.

Old 01-02-2013, 04:25 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Quote:

I don't think people have learned... tailgating doesn't make the person go faster and generally makes them go slower cause you're pissing them off. If the person is going anywhere near the speed limit, why even bother? I can kinda understand people being all over the bumper of a person going 35 in a 55, but on the bumper of someone going 60 in a 55? Grow up.
Exactly! It's so annoying when they do it when you're already behind another car! What do you want me to do ram them!? Reminds me of that guy this morning .. He passed me in a suicide lane because I slowed down. He was literally inches from my bumper! At least he won't be going as fast when he runs into the back of me... Ugh what a ******
Old 01-02-2013, 04:27 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol. I strongly dislike Toyota. Always have, for some reason.
awww lol...my dream car is a certain model corolla

Old 01-02-2013, 04:29 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

awww lol...my dream car is a certain model corolla
Forreal? Lol. xD Eh, I said I would never drive a Toyota. Watch... For some reason, I will end up having to drive one.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:36 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Forreal? Lol. xD Eh, I said I would never drive a Toyota. Watch... For some reason, I will end up having to drive one.
yep...i finally found a local one for 2 grand, but it's come at the worse time financially...maybe come income tax it'll still be around...

Old 01-02-2013, 05:05 PM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
I have road rage issues, it's the reason the f250 is tinted. Idiots need to learn what cruise control is. I also added extra loud horns to the focus.

For brake checks e brake is the best...no brake lights to warn them. I've only used it once but it got them off my ***.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:27 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:

My camry has 273k on it and still runs like a champ with very few problems. I don't particularly like Toyota but damn are they reliable.
KARgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:32 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

I love all kinds of cars... except Korean and Chinese.

Old 01-02-2013, 05:34 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
yep...i finally found a local one for 2 grand, but it's come at the worse time financially...maybe come income tax it'll still be around...

Ahhh. Not that bad, I guess. Lol.

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARgt13 View Post
My camry has 273k on it and still runs like a champ with very few problems. I don't particularly like Toyota but damn are they reliable.
Yeah, I have heard that they are very reliable.

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
I have road rage issues, it's the reason the f250 is tinted. Idiots need to learn what cruise control is. I also added extra loud horns to the focus.

For brake checks e brake is the best...no brake lights to warn them. I've only used it once but it got them off my ***.
Hahaha, true.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:37 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Omg that always happens to me and I feel like they do it because I'm driving a mustang.pisses me off.
cheelyb09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:56 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
My next door neighbor has a f150 with a train horn and he tells me story's all the time when people get pissed at him he honks his horn and they get so scared.
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:19 PM   #32
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeast0712 View Post
My next door neighbor has a f150 with a train horn and he tells me story's all the time when people get pissed at him he honks his horn and they get so scared.
I want to get a train horn for my truck, and a PA system so they can hear me yelling at them.

HID end all thread
Old 01-02-2013, 11:20 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I want to get a train horn for my truck, and a PA system so they can hear me yelling at them.
+1
Lolol.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:25 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
The train horn is crazy loud. It looks sick to under the truck
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:28 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

there use to be a kid when i was in highschool that had a 3 train horn setup on his daddies dodge...kept blasting it past me and my friends daily (i was in a slammed full size truck and hung with mini trucks)...so one day i filled all three horns with expansion foam....best $8 i've ever spent....he goes to blow the horn and not a dang thing happens.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion