Mustangs? Do you have a 1965 1/2 to 1975 Mustang that you are looking to get rid of? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-17-2009, 03:00 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Mustangs? Do you have a 1965 1/2 to 1975 Mustang that you are looking to get rid of?

Maybe a project you never could finish. Please drop me an awnser, with some contact information. (e.g. email address and name, NOT last name)
stanhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2009, 03:54 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Mustangs? Do you have a 1965 1/2 to 1975 Mustang that you are looking to get rid of?

These projects can be picked up for reasonable dollar amounts, don't get discouraged before you start looking. No clue where you live but try to find a west coast car if possible, they will have much less rust as a general rule. Rust is the #1 thing that you want to look for on a vintage mustang. Check the floor boards (under the carpet and under the car) especially the passenger side floor board where the passengers feet would be (if a heater core leaked, it may have rusted out this area), also check the cowl (vent area between the windshield and hood) this is VERY prone to rust and it is a BIG project to fix if it is rusted. The best way to check if the cowl leaks is to pour a cup of water in the cowl area and see where it drains out. If it ends up on the interior floor boards then the cowl is rusted out. Also check the trunk area for rust, wheel wells, and bottoms of doors. Do not purchase a vintage mustang online unless you personally go see the car before you pay for it. Just for reference there are no 65 1/2 mustangs, the first year for the mustang was 64 1/2. Good luck with your search
natal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 04:18 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I sure hope you have a lot of money.

I know where there are two in that range so will tell them to contact you if they want6 to sell.

They might not yet they are getting old like me and will have to get rid of them one day. I know they will not be cheap[.
llyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2009, 04:28 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

You can find them everywhere, local papers, ebay.com, craigslist.org and all kinds of mustang sites online, for more about the classic Mustangs join this group, http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/classicmustang/
imported_travis is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Tags
1975 mustang