Good deal on a 65' Mustang? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-17-2009, 10:15 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Good deal on a 65' Mustang?

I found a 65' Mustang for sale and I know these cars are truly beautiful. This one however is a lil rough around the edges....and interior haha. The man selling it said that he re-did the entire front end So the engine is obviously not original. He has owned it for over a year and it has no obvious signs of any accidents. It does however have the 5 lugs on the wheels so I know it originally had a V8.... The paint is also not original.. either is the interior. The seller says it runs fine, no power steering. Now the price is relatively reasonable ( I believe..?) at $3750 If I were to buy it for a fun, long term project...would that be a reasonable price to pay? Also any estimates on getting original parts would be awesome! Thanks. =D
sidney16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2009, 10:53 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Re-doing the front end has nothing to do with the engine being original or not. He could also have put the V8 front suspension on it. You need to find the data plate information and it will tell you what it came from the factory with and such. The price sounds kind of steep for a project car. You need to look it over really well with someone who knows Mustangs and their "problem areas". OEM parts are going to be expensive and are only important if you are doing a restoration where it matters (for shows). If it's going to be a driver I suggest buying quality reproduction parts.
mathieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:22 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Hmmmm....I have had a few (too many) old mustangs. My 67 is a 5 lug in line 6 CA car. I paid $700 for it running with the California Console in great shape. I think the price is a bit too high if it is not nice.
chadburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2009, 11:46 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

i think it is but before you go out and buy the car .look around some more and check if you find it else were. some people dont no what they have and almost give it away
columbanus is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion