How can I get a mustang for my first car? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-17-2009, 11:15 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

How can I get a mustang for my first car?

I want to buy a 2007-2010 mustang coupe thing but I know nothing about cars but i think mustangs are sexy. Like i went on the ford website and they said a new 2010 mustang in $20,000 give or take a few. So i looked for used ones and found some at $15,000 but people say insurance is expensive for these cars i know nothing about insurance or anything im 14 i just want to have a nice car. So any general advice on how I can get a nice car for my first car, like a mustang? thanks.
maxfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2009, 11:24 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Well if your 14 and can afford a 2007-2010 ford mustang then yes insurance will be high. Seeing as you wont be getting your license for a few more years, you will still be a teen and your insurance will be extremely high for the first few years. But it will be like that with a nice car or a crappy one. If you want to buy a newer car, its going to cost you, especially a "nice one". so you can try cars.com or any used car dealership online. i was really into the mustangs but not really the newer ones. you can find older models in like auto hunter magazines and stuff. find a first car is awesome but you will just happen upon it. so just keep an eye out and you'll find something
wilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:30 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Y don't u just get like a 05 mustang and not spend so much on a new one just go to craigslist.org and u can find nice ones for 10000 and save for insurance but It will be high
roselyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2009, 12:17 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

My only advice is to get something used, or try getting another car.

If you want something older that DOES look nice, I might suggest a second-generation RX-7. (Known among tuners by the chassis code, FC3S) You can get one for under ten grand, and because it's older (Production stopped around 1991) the insurance won't be so bad, even for a two-door. Only trouble with it is the rotary...

Another good idea, if you're hooked on the idea of the Mustang, is to look for used, older models. You may have to fix them up, but I can garuntee that something along the lines of a '70's Mustang kept in good condition would garner just as much, if not more, respect that a 2005-2010 Mustang.

Hope that helped somehow!
tobias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:49 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Get a few jobs and save up. If you want this car for when you are 16 you have already started too late to save up unless you are already rich. Insurance for a 16 year old on a Mustang will probably run you about $500 - $600 a month. You probably won't be able to get a loan which is a bonus for you because if you go to school and have a job you will only, maybe make enough to cover the insurance. But after homework, school, and job you will be sooo tired that you won't have much time or energy to enjoy the car the way you thought.
fitzsimons85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 01:13 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

A Mustang is going to to be ridiculously high both in price and insurance. And frankly its not the best idea for a first car if you have any sort of bad weather (rain or snow). Until you get some years behind the wheel under your belt you're be better off with a some way less powerful like a Honda Prelude, or a Subaru. Even a cobalt can be fun. Just remember this won't be the last car you'll ever buy.
beverleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 01:24 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

you can only get a new mustang for your first car if your parents pay for it.
quigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 01:29 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Be honest,It will take a while to find the best answer for the your question.give a look at resource here

http://www.AutoInsuranceFree.info

for your reference .
cedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:26 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I see many kids driving around the base model Ford Mustang simply because it is a nice looking car. If it is appearance you are looking for, then go for the base model Mustangs. They have a 6 cylinder engine and are fairly quick. If you are looking for a GT or a Shelby, I wouldn't recommend it. Insurance would be very high. Plus, I had a fast little car like that when I was 16 and had way too many speeding tickets.
darwin is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion