Do you think i should be able to drive a mustang? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-17-2009, 01:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Do you think i should be able to drive a mustang?

ok so theres a ford mustang for sale around the corner and i really want it but first my parents said that the gas would be to much and i looked it up and its actually not that much but now there saying that a v8 is to much for a 16 year old girl what do you guys think
nahcomence is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2009, 02:12 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I today's economy and gas prices I wouldn't recommend a V8 to ANYBODY. They're testosterone ridden engines that aren't needed.

Show them you are growing up by being aware of the daily costs of driving a V8 for both gas AND insurance. Look for something that is easier on your parents pocketbook.
thormond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 03:00 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

they are worried bout you and the car i have to daughters myself and im a big motorhead have 2 ponys and a 69 rebel machine and even tho my daughters watch me go 190 in a 1/4 when it comes time to get them a ride im gonna be just like your parents worried i promise you no matter how good they are at driving a mustang will be the last car i buy them, sorry but a mustang was built as a muscle car not a sport car like some think they are. it is alot of power reguardless of age or experience i watch dragsters hit the wall in pony's at 150 plus mph and they been driving same car for years. its like anything else when ya get confortable it gets ya.
gaven60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2009, 03:45 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Depends on how good of a driver you are. Are you a responsible driver who will use good sense when driving and not try to lay a patch and drive the car at crazy speeds? That's what your parents are concerned about, at 16 your just getting into the world of driving and they probably don't see you as having the experience to handle a car with a fair bit of power. Even though you may be a very good driver and not abuse the cars power they being parents are going to be overly protective. I would look around for something else if you need your parents consent cause they don't sound like they will give it. Then when your old enough to buy a car without them get your dream car.
orlando67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 03:57 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Well your insurance company isn't going to care how good of a driver you are.
Anyone at your age is going to pay a lot for insurance for a V8.
Look for a 4 or 6 cylinder car.
meinyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 04:40 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

It is a lot of power for someone who is unexperienced. Also, it's RWD meaning it won't do well in poor weather. If a Mustang is really what you have your heart set on, look for a used one with a V-6. It's a little less power, so it would be easier to learn on.
eloy is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion