How to report what I think is possible fraud? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-17-2009, 09:00 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

How to report what I think is possible fraud?

Not sure who to send this to so figured I'd start with you.

2weeks ago in the Niagara Gazette we called about an ad for a 1967 Mustang for sale by emailing the person. After two weeks of emailing back and forth, we are convinced this is a scam. The car was for only $4,000 and we could buy it by sending money through Yahoo! Finance. We've emailed back and forth and received lots of pictures (great looking car). We've asked him/her to call but came up with the reason that they were in Iraq last year and now couldn't hear very well. We said we wanted the car so he/she said that Yahoo! Finance would contact us immediately. Well, they did the next day but in the "paperwork" they listed a 1998 Toyota as the deal. I wrote the person back and told them about that mistake and it was immediately corrected. Hmmm When I emailed yesterday to have him/her send a copy of the vehicle title, he/she couldn't because it was already crated to be sent to us. (We went along with him/her too to see how far it would go.) The $4,000 included shipping costs too! Nobody sells a 1967 Mustang that looks perfect for $4,000. When they involved Yahoo! Finance in the "deal" I thought Yahoo should be notified but not sure how.

As the saying goes, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."
Thanks for listening.
h¡varr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2009, 09:45 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

How to report what I think is possible fraud?

I went thru the same deal with a crook pretending he was going through a divorce and was selling a Lexus 330 for $6.000. All I had to do was to send him $2.000 deposit via an escrow account he was going to set up and the car will be delivered to me in 2 days. I made up an address and told him that I attached the money with my email so he could get it faster.
I never heard from him again.

Buyers beware!
keene65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion