I want to buy the 2008 Ford Mustang through Carmax but...? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-19-2009, 10:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

I want to buy the 2008 Ford Mustang through Carmax but...?

I also want the Ambient Lighting option which you can get through the Interior Upgrade Package. So, my question is, after I buy my 2008 Mustang, can I go to a Ford Dealership and ask them to upgrade the interior so that I have the MyColor Option? I found the Interior Light Kit on the Ford website but I don't know if that will also change the color of the gauges. Help anyonee?
jerad9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2009, 11:35 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

You can, but its really quite expensive. You can buy the kit and install it yourself, or you can get ford to install it. I have the mycolor option in my mustang and its pretty nice, I do not have the colored cupholders/floor lights though. But yes, you can add it after you buy, but I think you should buy the mustang and save the extra $$ for modifications! (exhaust, cai, tuner, etc) check out mustangforums.com or allfordmustangs.com for ideas!

Good luck!
eder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:45 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I don't know if it changes the guage color, but it must be legal. Why not just order the kit through the Ford dealer, see if they'll match the website price, and have them install it? If they install it, they'll probably give you a break on the price.
comhghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2009, 12:04 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Sure. FOrd would love your business. It might be a little pricy but its all about what you want. I don't think it would change the color of the actual gauges unless you tell them to.
coburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:57 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

You should also consider that such a car may be expensive to insure. Check your insurance rates before buying one, for example here - carquotes.fateback.com
maximo is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion