Question about an old Mustang(from the 60s)? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-20-2009, 05:15 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Question about an old Mustang(from the 60s)?

I want a Mustang from the 60s as an everyday driving car and have a few questions.

How big are they compared to the ones out?

How are they(in general)on gas mileage?

If they have low mileage(say under 100,000)and were taken good care of it shouldn't be getting fixed a lot right?

How do i get parts when it needs fixing, would my car place order them or would I have to get them online on websites that sell old Mustang parts?
bour is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2009, 05:32 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

You might find that an old Mustang from the 60's could cost you as much as one from the 90"s, especially if it has been maintained well and is in excellent condition.
erland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 05:45 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

How big are they compared to the ones out? their about the same maby a little smaller

How are they(in general)on gas mileage? they are not that bad the 66 mustangs were designed to be a secetary car for girls

If they have low mileage(say under 100,000)and were taken good care of it shouldn't be getting fixed a lot right? yes and no depends all the condition alot of the wires might be dry rotted and the rubber bushing are probly worn out so it all depends on the car

How do i get parts when it needs fixing, would my car place order them or would I have to get them online on websites that sell old Mustang parts? best place is internet they have the best prices
booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2009, 06:24 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Early Mustangs can be upgraded with new technology, like a coil-over front suspension, disc brakes, brake booster, aluminum engine parts, and even 4 speed overdrive automatics for improved performance and fuel economy. A 302 V8 with a 4 speed auto could return about 20mpg, depending on your driving and rear axle gear ratio. Yes, this all costs money, but classic Mustangs have proven to be a very sound investment.
wendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 06:32 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I want a Mustang from the 60s as an everyday driving car and have a few questions.

How big are they compared to the ones out?
I would say they are a bit shorter and longer. And have a motor that is easier to work on cuz its not just cramped in there

How are they(in general)on gas mileage?
I depends on the size of the motor that is in it but if you get a 351 or smaller I would say 8 - 10 mpg. anything bigger your gonna get less

If they have low mileage(say under 100,000)and were taken good care of it shouldn't be getting fixed a lot right?
If they have few miles on them they could have been babied or parked.
If its been parked then your gonna have to consider battery, stale gas, spark plugs and all sorts of stuff if its been driven from time to time yes i would say thats better.

How do i get parts when it needs fixing, would my car place order them or would I have to get them online on websites that sell old Mustang parts?
you could get online or find someone who is parting it out and selling their car part by part. or you can special order them from Checker/O'Reilly, Autozone, Napa places like that
h¡varr is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion