Is this too much for a mustang GT shelby convertable? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-27-2009, 03:00 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Is this too much for a mustang GT shelby convertable?

So I went to a dealer today to look into buying a 2008 mustang GT. He showed me a made me drive a mustang GT converible shelby. The thing is it's not a shelby GT500, it's just a mustang GT that went through the shelby shop in vegas got the shelby GT package. So I don't think it brought the hoarse power over 319, but I could be wrong. The dealer was asking $44,122 for it and said he came down from a list price of $59,611. The $44k number still seems to high for me. Considering I can get a normal GT and have some racing parts put on that would bring the horse power higher them 319 an maybe higher
then 350 for around the same price. Should I get him to come lower? How low do you think I can get him to go?
brant is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2009, 03:53 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

unless its a signed edition shelby yes the price is too high....you never pay a premium for a clone.

so if its had a shelby package....what's in the package:
-interior upgrade?
-wheels, tires?
-supercharger & how much power is it running?
-suspension & chassis upgrades?
-short throw shift

there should be a build sheet outlining all the details of the package, and until you have that information hard to understand what the value of this car is.

once you have details of the build you can cost out what they would be if you bought a stock NEW Gt and did the mods yourself
you are better off buying a stock gt and doing supercharger/exhaust upgrades.....

here's genuine item...500hp shelby
http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/1052813891.html

cheers 04 cobra (575rwHP)
hulbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:17 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I love mustangs, but the day I pay 44k for one. It better be supercharged. Get A GT, you can get an 06 gt for about 15k depending on where you stay and what the mileage is. Good thing about the GT is that you can hook it up to your liking. Many sights sell mustang parts so dont fall for that. I can give you sites to go on and get stuff for it. (I have a mustang). Shop around find something you like and if you have doubts about it, Dont Do It.
bourke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2009, 04:20 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

my hubby says that 44k is way to much for a mustang!!!
tully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:02 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Don't get it. Way too much. I just bought an '07 GT w/ a Kenne Bell supercharger and a lot of other mods I don't want to get into, and I paid $27,000 and it has only 8,300 miles on it. Plus, it will beat most stock Cobras and GT 500s. You may want to look into a private seller like I did. ALL dealers over price the cars they sell.

I would suggest you get a GT from a private seller already modded so you can include ALL mods on the loan. That way you don't have to worry about installing the mods or buying them either.

Pic of my new puppy-
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3638/...22dc5d60_o.jpg
(note that it now has the word "DISTURBED" across the real windshield).

I will soon post vids on YouTube of what this bad boy can do-
http://www.youtube.com/user/07KenneBellGT
imported_karsten is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion