What Should I Do Next To My 2003 Mustang Gt? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-27-2009, 09:15 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

What Should I Do Next To My 2003 Mustang Gt?

I Wan't To Do More Performance To My 2003 Mustang Gt. I've Already Put On A Steeda Intake, Dragon Throttle Body & Plenum, Steeda Intake Spacer, Steeda Cat-Back Exhaust, & I Have BBK Headers On There Way. What Else Should I Do? I Was Thinking Of Putting On Some Steeda Underdrive Pulleys. But A Lot Of People Say Its Not Worth It. I Was Also Thinking Of Putting On Some Comp Camshafts Too. Let Me Know What You Think.
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2009, 10:07 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Strawberry scented air freshener?
thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:06 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

super charger, replacinbg things like spark plugs also improve handling with some nice high performance brakes
jeremias is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2009, 11:54 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

how about an X pipe, 3.75 rear end gears will give you great low end launches, w/out over revving top end speed, oh, a computer chip makes a big difference too!! ask your local mustang club about reducing drag on pulleys w/ out those expensive pulleys.
westbroc12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:40 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

super charger and change the gear ratio in the differential
duck-young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:51 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Put an LS-1 in it and make it fast, or trade it in on a G-8 using the cash for clunkers program.
derrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:35 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

put on some 4.10 posi a shift kit and a 93 octane tune on it and i guarantee you will fell alot more power and even more with the mods that you have on it...good job with the mods that you have on..wats the time in the 1/4 mile
napayshni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:48 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Add a k&n air filter
donnachadh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:17 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

A dyno tune + hand held tuner would be a good idea. As would getting some 4.10 gears. The underdrive pulleys aren't worth it and neither are shorty headers for that matter, long-tubes are worthwhile, but the shorties don't outperform the stock manifolds by a wide enough margin to be really cost effective, this is particularly true if you are not running forced induction. The camshaft idea is only worthwhile if the car is used exclusively for racing. Going with hotter cams will cost you in low end torque most of the time, which will be annoying in a street car.

Aside from gears the most cost effective modification is a supercharger or turbo. The costs are high, but the results are impressive.
cuarto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:57 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

First,please excuse openly straight for his display of total ignorance towards your question or anything mechanical for that matter.Openly straight? I doubt it.I digress,I apoligize,back to your question.Gears are the way to go.You're definetly on the right track w/ the mods and upgrades you're doing to your GT.As far as the pulleys,I'v heard the same,you really cant tell any difference w/ them.Most people I talk to tell me they would have rather spent the $$ on something else and kept the factory pulleys.I comes down to a personal choice.For the most from your $$,gears.
wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Tags
2003 mustang